GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,275
2 members and 2,273 guests
indygphib

Old 06-12-2011, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

a close friend of mine lost his cousin yesterday to the drug violence in mexico. please keep him and his family in your prayers.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello all,
I have been very absent on here due to school and my stepdads sickness. He is currently on his 2nd round of chemo (2 of 4) and he is not doing well on it at all. I ask you to please pray for him and for my family. He seemed to be doing alright but then recently he has become very morbid.

My parents go to a geneticist next week to get results from a test they did a while ago. If the type of tumor he had was genetic my brother and my sister (my half siblings) will have a 50% chance of getting this. Please please please pray that this is not genetic. My sister already has diabetes and I am extremely worried for her.

Thank you.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Prayers for my brother please. I don't want to get into details much yet until we know for sure, but there is a serious medical issue, and he will be returning to Pittsburgh next week for tests...
He's also had a lot of other things to deal with lately, including the suicide of his friend and his "older brother" figure is back in the hospital again after being out only two days from brain cancer & not doing well.

Prayers for his "older brother figure" & family as well, please.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Prayers for all the sick, their families and friends, and those who minister to them.

From the 1928 BCP -
A Prayer for Recovery.O GOD of heavenly powers, who, by the might of thy command, drivest away from men's bodies all sickness and all infirmity; Be present in thy goodness with this thy servant, that his weakness may be banished and his strength recalled; that his health being thereupon restored, he may bless thy holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Prayer for Healing.O ALMIGHTY God, who art the giver of all health, and the aid of them that turn to thee for succour; We entreat thy strength and goodness in behalf of this thy servant, that he may be healed of his infirmities, to thine honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Thanksgiving for the Beginning of a Recovery.GREAT and mighty God, who bringest down to the grave, and bringest up again; We bless thy wonderful goodness, for having turned our heaviness into joy and our mourning into gladness, by restoring this our brother to some degree of his former health. Blessed be thy Name that thou didst not forsake him in his sickness; but didst visit him with comforts from above; didst support him in patience and submission to thy will; and at last didst send him seasonable relief. Perfect, we beseech thee, this thy mercy towards him; and prosper the means which shall be made use of for his cure: that, being restored to health of body, vigour of mind, and cheerfulness of spirit, he may be able to go to thine house, to offer thee an oblation with great gladness, and to bless thy holy Name for all thy goodness towards him; through Jesus Christ our Saviour, to whom, with thee and the Holy Spirit, be all honour and glory, world without end. Amen.

A Prayer for a Sick Person, when there appeareth but small hope of Recovery.O FATHER of mercies, and God of all comfort, our only help in time of need; We fly unto thee for succour in behalf of this thy servant, here lying in great weakness of body. Look graciously upon him, O Lord; and the more the outward man decayeth, strengthen him, we beseech thee, so much the more continually with thy grace and Holy Spirit in the inner man. Give him unfeigned repentance for all the errors of his life past, and stedfast faith in thy Son Jesus; that his sins may be done away by thy mercy, and his pardon sealed in heaven; through the same thy Son, our Lord and Saviour. Amen.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
This morning, I was walking around my apartment getting ready for work and not really thinking about my job search. And a thought popped into my head.."Hey, what about PerfectForYou Museum? You haven't looked at their website in a while. I wonder if they need a registrar?"

And so I was rushing out the door but I decided to check their site...

AND THEY DO NEED A REGISTRAR!

This museum is very focused on a topic that I specialize in. It's a perfect fit in terms of my research and professional interest (I'm looking to transfer into museums of "stuff" rather than high art, I think).

It really was like a strange sign, because I hadn't really been thinking about work or finding a job, and this idea just flashed into my head.

Positive thoughts and prayers, please! It would be a huge win for me to get it!

Last edited by PhoenixAzul; 06-28-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Phoenix, Best wishes for you and the job quest! Funny how that pop into your head. I had some thing similar happen. I saw a job that has duties that I have done in the past, I applied and I am going to do the phone interview Thursday.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

My brother, a Sigma Chi and police officer, was hit while on his bike this morning. He was Life-Flighted to the Medical Center, but we don't yet know which hospital. Please, please - pray for his recovery and his family.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
SWTXBelle, I'm so sorry to hear about that! Praying for him now...
Old 07-02-2011, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
My brother, a Sigma Chi and police officer, was hit while on his bike this morning. He was Life-Flighted to the Medical Center, but we don't yet know which hospital. Please, please - pray for his recovery and his family.
I'm so sorry... sending prayers.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to all who prayed - I'm happy to report it's no worse than a dislocated shoulder, broken wrist and messed-up ear. The ear is being fixed by a plastic surgeon. Hoping they will spring him from the back board and neck brace soon.

WEAR YOUR HELMETS WHEN BIKING - THEY SAVE LIVES!

Also - there is NOTHING in your life that is so important that you can't STOP AT STOP SIGNS AND LOOK - REALLY LOOK - for bikes.

Woman who hit him just plowed right into him - he is very lucky.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad to hear that the accident was not as bad as it could have been!

Praying for a speedy recovery.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE=SWTXBelle;2067076]Thanks to all who prayed - I'm happy to report it's no worse than a dislocated shoulder, broken wrist and messed-up ear. The ear is being fixed by a plastic surgeon. Hoping they will spring him from the back board and neck brace soon.

Glad to read that this accident was not as bad as it could have been.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post

WEAR YOUR HELMETS WHEN BIKING - THEY SAVE LIVES!
A big AMEN to that. It drives me batty when I see adults not wearing their helmets. I cycle everywhere I go, and everywhere I go, across campus, across town or on a 100 mile charity ride, I WEAR MY HELMET.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I'd like to ask you to keep my family in your prayers/thoughts. My grandpa passed away earlier this evening.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so sorry, lovespink. May light perpetual shine upon him.