GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,505
1 members and 1,504 guests
naraht

Old 03-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Everything in moderation. Perps have been caught since before the Internet existed. How it is handled has changed with the Internet but there is a certain way to handle it.

Finding out information behind a username and Googling to see what you will find (that they haven't already shared under that username) does come across as creepy especially when your intent is to come back to GC to boast about your research.

If the goal is to call out this woman as a perp, mission accomplished. The next step should be to take the proper protocol (as outlined by the GLO) in making sure no one on the Internet or real life thinks this person is a member of the GLO.

If the goal is to call out this woman as a person and encourage people to borderline stalk her to find out anything they can on her, some of which may have nothing to do with Greekdom and perpdom, that's creepy and potentially dangerous for a number of reasons.

For example, message boards have resulted in things like people's employers being called because someone didn't like what the person typed on the board. I would never say that GCers would never do something like that because I honestly don't know 99% of the usernames well enough to know whether or not they are "crazy."
Old 03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Who cares if she's creeped out? She should be after what she pulled. Telling people about her is only going to ensure that people know who she really is if she contacts college chapters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Word. This person is so far beyond the usual pathetic 'can i haz ai?' person we see here. She has done real damage to people irl and the fact that she's continuing to pursue adpis and other sorority members after being outed goes way beyond creepy. Obviously she is mentally ill and delusional. I feel sorry for her but I don't think it is unreasonable at all to feel she may be dangerous. People need to know about her. And for fucks sake, if you're going to photoshop your face onto a sorority logo, post it publicly on facebook and join a bunch of sorority groups there, you have no expectation of privacy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Could be. I've seen whackadoo's fb page previously, but I tried the name + location + ADPi and couldn't find it that way.

And yeah, I don't feel bad at all about this person being "outed." She preyed on a chapter that needed help and was open and trusting. Booooooooo
Telling people about her isn't the same thing as having a thread that devolves into being dedicated to helping other people find her facebook page so we can all stare at the trainwreck. As inappropriate as her actions are, it's crossing a line on our parts to be edging into stalker territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
I don't get why it's so terrible to Google someone. The information is public. If you put yourself out there, you can't have an expectation that no one will find you. I Google a lot of things.

Add to the fact that people here are complaining about a perp, gave her name, her location and the sorority she pledged, it's human nature to be curious as to what everyone is talking about.

And yes, the internet search came to a chapter's FB page, but if you look at the "fan" list (I didn't click the link), this woman's picture and name was the very first one shown on the side of the page.

I just put two and two together that the name POSTED HERE IN THIS THREAD, the fact that her public profile lists that she attended school in the STATE THAT PEOPLE POSTED IN THIS THREAD during the TIME THIS WOMAN SAID SHE PLEDGED, and all the images related to THE SORORITY THAT THIS WOMAN AND OTHER PEOPLE POSTED ON GREEKCHAT

If people are posting about something/someone, they should expect that others will be interested and do a quick search online.

I'm not doing anything with the information that is already out there and very readily available to ANYONE. Again, I don't get why it's such a crime here.
It's not terrible to google about someone. You're overreacting, perhaps out of defensiveness, to what I said. There is a difference between outing someone, and post after post of "I can't find her, help me find her." Hell at this point linking the facebook page would almost be less creepy.

I, personally, don't give a shit. She doesn't affect me or my GLO and the ADPis are aware of her and hardly need viglante e-justice to help them. Worse, making this fuss actually lets her play the persecuted role - "People are stalking me!" - when her sad little life in obscurity would be better consequences. ADPi HQ knows about her, one hopes their chapters know about her. The idea that someone here needs to 'bring her down' ADPi or not, is just asking for trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Everything in moderation. Perps have been caught since before the Internet existed. How it is handled has changed with the Internet but there is a certain way to handle it.

Finding out information behind a username and Googling to see what you will find (that they haven't already shared under that username) does come across as creepy especially when your intent is to come back to GC to boast about your research.

If the goal is to call out this woman as a perp, mission accomplished. The next step should be to take the proper protocol (as outlined by the GLO) in making sure no one on the Internet or real life thinks this person is a member of the GLO.

If the goal is to call out this woman as a person and encourage people to borderline stalk her to find out anything they can on her, some of which may have nothing to do with Greekdom and perpdom, that's creepy and potentially dangerous for a number of reasons.

For example, message boards have resulted in things like people's employers being called because someone didn't like what the person typed on the board. I would never say that GCers would never do something like that because I honestly don't know 99% of the usernames well enough to know whether or not they are "crazy."
This. Lets not devolve into Blueangel insanity, whether she 'deserves' it or not.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I, personally, don't give a shit. She doesn't affect me or my GLO and the ADPis are aware of her and hardly need viglante e-justice to help them.
Bullshit. She clearly states in her post that she will be seeking out other sororities if her ADPi plans don't pan out. She's already attempted it at that school. Everyone needs to be aware of her and it helps to put a face on her since she changes her name.

I haven't seen anything here that remotely resembles Beetlejuice behavior. You're the one making giant leaps.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
LOLOL! Go, Honeychile! Go, ADPi!
Quote:
You may be a Yankee, but that was one fine job of paraphrasing 'bless your heart.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
I think this is key!
I think y'all are just surprised to hear me START to give as good as I can take! Please don't forget that I was not brought up to be a Yankee, and that if she does the right thing and apologizes, I would be the first to say that she was trying to redeem herself, bless her heart.

Until then, color her psycho in my book!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I trust my HQ to notify chapters as needed should it be necessary. And if I knew something I'd send an email to the appropriate chapter or advisors.
They (as in ADPi) didn't know they needed to notify chapters till whackadoo came out of the woodwork because apparently their mind reading machine is broken. They're aware of her now and proceeding accordingly. The point of this is to caution the OTHER sororities which she said in her post she would pursue to AI. In a perfect world, everyone would get all important communications at the same time, but it often doesn't work that way.

Quote:
And for fucks sake, if you're going to photoshop your O-face onto a sorority logo, post it publicly on facebook and join a bunch of sorority groups there, you have no expectation of privacy.
FYP.

Last edited by 33girl; 03-05-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:42 PM
Banned

Has anyone confessed to being Barbie's Rush?

Sockpuppets suck.