GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,430
0 members and 2,430 guests
No Members online

Old 09-25-2007, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledge planned event for Brothers

Hey everyone, I'm a GLO pledge and wondering if you all had any great ideas that pledges could pull off for an event for the brothers? We have a budget of about 150 to 200 bucks and we'd be expecting about 40-50 people. I was thinking a local second run movie theater which operates a full kitchen. We could get tickets for 1.75 a piece and pizza's to eat.

Price is like this.

1.75*50 =87.50
Pizza's 10@8.00 piece(cut rate)=80.00
167.50 +30 buck tip 197.50

Any other ideas?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-25-2007, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

What about a "drive in" movie? Is there anywhere on campus (or at the house) where you can use a movie projector? You can show the movie on the side of a house or building, and have everyone sit on the lawn or in chairs. Maybe have the first movie be brothers only and then open it to others for the second feature.

Serve soda, popcorn and candy. You can get bulk popcorn at a whatehouse store, or if you want to go authetic, rent one of those old-time popcorn makers. The pledges can run the projector, the "snack bar", etc.

Some obvious flicks to consider - "Animal House", "PCU" - if you havent seen it, you should, it's a great commentary on the PC-ness of everything, esp fraternities, "Caddyshack"

Old 09-25-2007, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REE1993 View Post
What about a "drive in" movie? Is there anywhere on campus (or at the house) where you can use a movie projector? You can show the movie on the side of a house or building, and have everyone sit on the lawn or in chairs. Maybe have the first movie be brothers only and then open it to others for the second feature.

Serve soda, popcorn and candy. You can get bulk popcorn at a whatehouse store, or if you want to go authetic, rent one of those old-time popcorn makers. The pledges can run the projector, the "snack bar", etc.

Some obvious flicks to consider - "Animal House", "PCU" - if you havent seen it, you should, it's a great commentary on the PC-ness of everything, esp fraternities, "Caddyshack"

Thanks for the great idea, I'd love to hear some more
Old 11-26-2007, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: From Rockford IL but go to school at Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Send a message via AIM to jmagnus
Another good idea for a movie would be "Going Greek". Any greek stereotype you have ever heard of is reflected in this movie. The first time I saw it I laughed my ass off.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: From Rockford IL but go to school at Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Send a message via AIM to jmagnus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263386/

Sorry, forgot to add that in the last post
Old 12-02-2007, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

My pledge class's first brotherhood event cost over $1000.
We took over a tailgate and threw an afterparty after the game was over
We had another one where we just all chipped in and rented out a bar for the night and had a crush, it was about $600.

Have your pledge brothers chip in some real money and go all out, you'll be thankful later on. Have the richer kids have their parents make a donation.