GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,372
3 members and 1,369 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, JayhawkAOII

Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Recruitment Pictures...

So we have seen the bid day pictures...let's see the recruitment pictures (like sisters dressed up for open house, philanthropy day, or preference night!). It'll be neat to see how the different chapters dress at different schools!

Ready...go! I'll try to dig up some NCSU recruitment pictures from the various chapters!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

At first I couldn't find ANY pictures of recruitment. Then I realized they were all from other people's cameras cause I either a) didn't have a camera or b) was the Membership Chair!

This is Day 1 (Go Greek) at UC Santa Cruz Fall 08. Owl eyes! I was gonna ask someone to find me, but I'm not even sure I can find myself! I should be the only one wearing a watch, though. Haha!

This is from a Club Day thing we have about a week before recruitment. There are a TON of clubs and GLOs there, but it's seriously overwhelming to see all of the Gamma Phis and Kappas in the same shirts handing out the same flyers everywhere.

And pref night with the girl who is our current Membership Chair!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

NCSU's chapter of Delta Gamma (recruitment 2009)

Open House:

House Tours:

Skit Day: (cast of the skit in the middle)

Just a fun one showing how the girls got beautiful for skit day!

Preference:

Bid Day (sisters):

Old 09-18-2009, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

NCSU Pi Beta Phi Recruitment 2009:

Open House:

House Tours (or skit night??):

Preference:

Bid Day (sisters):

Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Banned

Nice pics!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

NCSU's Delta Delta Delta Recruitment 2009:

Open House:

House Tours (or Skit Night??):

Preference:

Bid Day (sisters):

Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Delta Zeta @ NCSU Recruitment 2009

Skit Day:

Preference:

Bid Day (sisters):

Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Chi Omega @ NCSU 2009

Open House:

House Tours:

Preference:

Old 09-18-2009, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Pref Night, 2007 (I think):

I can't remember what party this was, but it was for our Olympics-Themed Recruitment: "Go for the Gold with Alpha Ep".

Nerdy Science Movie Night during COB- the two girls dressed up are not sisters, but PNMs. I LOVED it. It was a brave move on their part!

Volunteering for a COB event- We made non-Newtonian fluids (it's a liquid so dense you can walk on it) for an after-school program. The kids, the PNMs, and the sisters loved it!

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 09-18-2009, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

oh these pics look like so much fun!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

The arm thing/salute in the first DG house tour picture never gets old - I LOVE IT!

The DG in the same series with the red skirt with buttons and blue top is adorable!

And the sand dollar name tags are so cute.

Finally, the Chi O's in Lilly bring a tear to my preppy loving eye!

I've noticed in many of the pictures girls have on the exact same dresses. Is this something that is mandated or is a coincidence? I can't even imagine having to place an order or find a dress that looks good on everyone!

I think if I was a PNM at NCSU I would have had a tough time - they all look like amazing houses with wonderful women!

Last edited by ihearttrisigma; 09-18-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Tried to imbed the pictures that correspond to the comments - but I messed up and decided not to include them
Old 09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearttrisigma View Post
I've noticed in many of the pictures girls have on the exact same dresses. Is this something that is mandated or is a coincidence? I can't even imagine having to place an order or find a dress that looks good on everyone!
I was going to ask about this too. Do other schools make group orders on clothes for recruitment? Or are they told to buy the exact same thing?

If I remember correctly, I think our recruitment chair mentioned how it's a rule here that a chapter CANNOT make the sisters buy the exact same item of clothing for recruitment. I'm sure that's not the exact wording of the rule, but I'm pretty sure it's something along those lines. She mentioned that in recent years, two different chapters were fined for breaking that rule. One chapter made all the sisters buy those lettered flip flops, and the other required them all to buy the same denim skirt.

We still have to wear certain color schemes and stuff, but I think the rule is that we cannot be told what exactly we have to buy.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
I was going to ask about this too. Do other schools make group orders on clothes for recruitment? Or are they told to buy the exact same thing?

If I remember correctly, I think our recruitment chair mentioned how it's a rule here that a chapter CANNOT make the sisters buy the exact same item of clothing for recruitment. I'm sure that's not the exact wording of the rule, but I'm pretty sure it's something along those lines. She mentioned that in recent years, two different chapters were fined for breaking that rule. One chapter made all the sisters buy those lettered flip flops, and the other required them all to buy the same denim skirt.

We still have to wear certain color schemes and stuff, but I think the rule is that we cannot be told what exactly we have to buy.
Every school's recruitment has different levels of "frills." Bulk ordering clothing (from what I understand) was pretty standard for recruitment at alot of places up until a few years ago when NPC started the push toward "no frills."

Some schools have stayed with matching, while others don't allow it.

My school only allows one identically ordered item of clothing for recruitment, as far as I know. For example, if a chapter required everyone to buy AZD flip flops, that was their one item.

Everything else had to follow the "nothing identical" rule. Example: Everyone could be wearing purple polos, but it could not be mandated that they buy it from the same store.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-18-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha! Back in the day, chil'ren, we ALL had to have the exact same clothes - for every day of recruitment. We had a "rush wardrobe" - as I recall, we wore our letters one day, our ever-so-kewl 50s style poodle skirts (which we made or had made) for skit day, our lovely off-the-rack dresses, and then the white pref dresses, which again we had made. In some ways it was a real nightmare.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

We dress mostly the same. Things just have to be certain colors, lengths, or washes usually. I'm not really sure if it's considered frills or not, though.