GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Kappa
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,329
3 members and 2,326 guests
Cookiez17, Kevin

Old 11-15-2006, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Food Networks - Loves and Hates

Since our This and That was getting a bit dramatic, post your FN loves and hates here and argue about it if you like

My personal loves:
Rachel Ray, Iron Chef America, Good Eats with Alton Brown, Cat Cora, Food Network Challenges, Iron Chef Japan, ALTON BROWN, Unwrapped, Ham on the Street is fun too. Oh yeah and ALTON BROWN!

Hates:
Giada, Emeril, any cooking show besides Rachel Ray (at this point), The Dean Brothers... and the fact that if I watch a show on Friday, it will be replayed 12 times before Sunday evening when real programming seems to start back up again.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-15-2006, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

LOVES: - 30 Minute Meals, Everyday Italian, Paula Dean, Michael Chiarello (sp?), Boy Meets Grill with Bobby Flay, and Iron Chef (the original)

HATES: - Any show with Emeril, that obnoxious semi-homemade lady, Barefoot Contessa (everytime I hear her laugh I want to poke a fork in my eye), Alton Brown, Tyler Florence, The Best Of, Unwrapped
Old 11-15-2006, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't like the Best of____ either, or the Secret Life of___. Unwrapped is best around the holidays I think. mmmm whipped cream and pie

And darn me for adding an S to Food Network...
Old 11-15-2006, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Loves:
30 Minute Meals, All American Festivals, Barefoot Contessa, The Best Of, Everyday Italian, Food 911, Food Finds, Good Eats with Alton Brown, Iron Chef (both), Molto Mario, Paula's Home Cooking, Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels, The Secret Life Of, Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee (I can't help it, I love her!), Throwdown with Bobby Flay, & Unwrapped.

Hates:
$40 a Day (if I have to watch that bitch happily undertip another server in the US I might seek & destroy), Emeril Live, The Essence of Emeril, How To Boil Water, The Hungry Detective, Paula's Party, Road Tasted, Roker on the Road, & Wolfgang Puck's Cooking Class.

My freshman year of college I moved to Louisville & they had the Food Network. I was obsessed. My roommate wondered how I could watch it & never be hungry! When I moved back home, I discovered that my local cable service had included the Food Network while I was gone! I've been hoooked ever since. A little more than 50% of my TV watching is comprised of Food Network...and it has been for almost 7 years now.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Oooh I forgot Throwdown! I like that
Old 11-15-2006, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

love: alton brown. I love the technical aspect.

hate: anything emeril.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Hate Rachel Ray. The EVOO thing grates on my nerves.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

All right, here we go:
LOVE: Rach, 30 Minute Meals (because they turn out ab fab, I have a bunch of her cookbooks and I swear by them), IC:A, Cat Cora, Food Network Challenges, Unwrapped, any show that features junk food, Behind the Bash.

Don't Like: Alton Brown, Emeril (oh god-unless you're Drolefille), Giada's mouth, Bobby Flay (I think he's kind of arrogant), Tyler Florence, boring shows, Paula Dean and her sons (I've heard in real life they're obnoxious little shits!).

I'm pretty apathetic about the rest because I don't watch it. Let's talk about food we've made by watching Food Network.
My favourite dish ever is a recipe I adapted from Rachael. She makes a giant pot of macaroni with chicken and broccoli. I stole the sauce recipe and made the rest up. It's ziti in a spicy cheddar cheese sauce with andouille, peppers and mushrooms. I've also learnt how to make a quick chicken parm, which I do gluten free for my mum with fried polenta. I've learnt to love polenta via Rach because frying it makes it gorgeous.
We adapted a pizza recipe from one of her books and I used broccoli, goats cheese and roasted red peppers. That was fabulous.
I know how to season everything well, what spices and herbs go well with different food, crushing garlic is a total blast and I really want a good set of knives for christmas.
I am a fangirl-I'm ashamed to admit it but I am. Mostly because of the food, her personality grates on me too. I cringe watching Inside Dish and seeing the celebs trying to tolerate her.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay. Sometimes her voice drives me nuts, but generally Rachel is awesome.

(So... you don't like Emeril unless he's me?)

ETA: wait... is this a Limit i may have Reached?
Old 11-15-2006, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok time for me to jump in now!

Loves: Alton Brown (love good eats and loved feasting on asphalt even more!), Ham on the street, Original IC, Paula Dean, The Naked Chef, some of the competitions and I like the food from Boy meets Grill but don't like Bobby Flay

Like: Emeril Live sometimes, Party Line with the Hearty Boys, Easy Entertaining, Molto Mario sometimes

Hate: Giada (too skinny to be doing ANYTHING food related), Bobby Flay (seems like a jerk to me), Semi-homemade, Cat Cora (same as bobby), How to Boil Water, and anything with Rachel Ray...I just can't stand her! I find her soooo annoying and don't even get me started on EVOO!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, so I bought the Naked Chef's cookbook. And the stuff in there is wayyyy to complex for me. I thought it was supposed to be NAKED!

I'm a real newbie to cooking. And I want RR's cookbooks because I think they'll suit my skills.

It was at TJMaxx.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lisa_ View Post
Hates:
$40 a Day (if I have to watch that bitch happily undertip another server in the US I might seek & destroy).

ROFLMFAO!

And all this time I thought I was the only person cringing when she tipped someone $1.25 for her dinner. I keep yelling at the TV, "You CHEAP bitch! Put a damn $5 on there at least!"
Old 11-15-2006, 06:44 PM

Emeril is the DEVIL. Why is he always on? Alton is the best!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
ROFLMFAO!

And all this time I thought I was the only person cringing when she tipped someone $1.25 for her dinner. I keep yelling at the TV, "You CHEAP bitch! Put a damn $5 on there at least!"

I read somewhere I can't remember where, but the people who serve her are paid and tipped very well. She is just working off what the norm % is. And it's sad to say that as a former bartender, her on-show tips are the norms and not the exception
Old 11-15-2006, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

People can really be cheap bastards. I can understand being upset over lousy service but if someone has done a good to excellent service, they deserve to get a damn good tip.