GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,118
4 members and 2,114 guests
John

Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I'm just trying to get your attention so you can try to steal my man and my girl.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-13-2008, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Ya'll are tooo much. Hilarious is all I can say.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Building a new Organization

Hi Demar.

Starting a fraternal organization is usually not an easy process and maintaining it can be even more challenging, depending on what kind of organization you are going for. With Christan/Business as your orientation, it sounds as though you are seeking a specific group of people to come on board, so your recruitment will need to be aimed at those types of people.

My Fraternity, Gamma Beta Lambda is relatively young - 45 years this October -but 45 years has been a time of challenges, off and on, for us too. Our fraternity has been on an even more challenging road in that we are not college specific; That is, we are not exclusively a university based fraternity. Also we are a specialized type of fraternity as well, which has led to difficulties in recruitment at times.

I think that analyzing your specific 'target' group of potential 'rushees'/ Pledges, along with a thorough look at the area/institution type you are at will help a lot.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha phi zeta View Post
my name is Demar .E and i started my own new Organization by the name of Alpha Phi Zeta (christian/Business org). and i need some advise on building it? i feel like i have most of the work done but doing my research, it still feels like something is missing? i mean i have a Name, a mission, and my org. is in the process of getting founded inside of a college. but through out everything i have done i still feel lost? can some one give me advise without trying to play me?

feel free to E-mail me and let me know some of your thoughts Gentijr@aol.com
Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiekinns Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiekinns
Unhappy Trying to start one and in distress!!!

HEEELP!!! I am super motivated about starting a GLO but i am slowley getting discouraged. i had the perfect name for her and everything and then 2 months in to the process i find a 40year old GLO of the same name. Sometimes i am so very tempted to join another sorority but i have been through that n found nothing i have felt good with ( thus my reasoning for starting one). If there are any incouraging words out there in greek land i am ready to hearum lol

frustrated and disheveled in NJ

Old 06-03-2008, 11:01 AM

Read this thread.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=93174
Old 06-25-2008, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiekinns Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiekinns
We solved the problem! After talking to them they told us that they are not real it was jsut for some project for their highschool. some kind of what if assignment. thanks a bunch!

Last edited by Jessiekinns; 06-25-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: the original post did not post all info in the box
Old 12-04-2008, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Well my fraternity was made in UCONN and just this semester we chartered it here in University at Buffalo so you can always talk to me if you need help as well.
Nova #0
Old 07-07-2009, 01:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Greetings all!

I am the Executive Director of a non-profit youth organization in Brooklyn, New York. I started this organization in high school as a means to provide positive activities for former gang members and "misfits". Much to my surprise, the organization grew by leaps and bounds, even attracting kids from other countries who joined us by correspondence. My organization (1City) provides free activities for youth in grades 4 to 12 and is about to celebrate its 20th anniversary and in those 20 years, we have served more than 2000 kids with little funding. The clubs that 1City provides includes basketball, cheerleading, fashion design, praise dance, flag football, double-dutch, toddler modeling, hip-hop dance, business, drama, choir and step. Our step team has even had the honor of performing at Madison Square Garden several times.

Some of the kids who aged out of the program approached me and asked if I could create something that they could be part of into their adult lives. I put the request back into their hands and told them that I would back any idea that they came up with. They chose to start a fraternity, because that structure closely resembles what my organization provided for them throughout their childhood.

The fraternity, Sigma Theta Rho, is in its beginning stages and was recently incorporated. We are only now starting to develop the organization's identity, but have already attracted 35 members! Once the idea was "put out there" in my community, we attracted parents, grandparents and even some of my volunteers who never had the opportunity to pledge during their college years. Our members range in age from 18 to 50 and we also have a "junior extension" of 11-17 year olds. Happily, all of the members are hard workers and despite the mix of ages and backgrounds, everyone works and plays well together. I'll bet you can imagine how entertaining our meetings are.....

I am posting this thread to say, "Thank You" to everyone who regularly posts and to every organization that is represented here. The information that I have gleaned so far has been invaluable and I hope that one day, our little organization will join your ranks and set excellent examples for the new organizations that will be formed as time goes on.

May you all be blessed beyond your biggest dreams!

Doc