GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 716
3 members and 713 guests
LarryByday

Old 03-31-2006, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Local Alumna

Hello!

I am brand new to this forum and very excited to meet other members of locals. I was a member of a small, relatively local sorority throughout college. I loved loved loved my sorority and am thankful for the relationships it helped me form. I graduated from undergrad two years ago and moved across the country afterwards and now feel isolated from the rest of my sisters. I can't participate in the alumni events because I am no longer in state and can't participate in the chapter as a "field consultant" because I live so far away.

What I wish I had was 1. an opportunity to be an advisor for a local sorority in Boston or 2. an opportunity to be in an organization that's like a sorority for adults (cheesy, I know). Does anyone know of any way in which I can get another opportunity to work with another group of amazing women? I'm not in it for the party atmosphere, but am really looking for a fun community.

Thanks!

D
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-31-2006, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Edit: I just discovered the Alumni Initiation Forum , which I'm looking into. How exciting!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Re: Local Alumna

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparismarshall
Hello!

What I wish I had was 1. an opportunity to be an advisor for a local sorority in Boston or 2. an opportunity to be in an organization that's like a sorority for adults (cheesy, I know). Does anyone know of any way in which I can get another opportunity to work with another group of amazing women? I'm not in it for the party atmosphere, but am really looking for a fun community.

Thanks!

D
You may want to check out this thread listing noncollegiate sororities . There's bound to be one with an interest for you! Some focus on a particular philanthropy, others are more social, but there's bound to be one near you too.

And as far as an advisor for a local...the only way you'd really get into it would be to contact Greek Life at universities near you and ask if there's any way you can help? I know my uni is always appreciative for alumn who help out with the recruitment debachle every year.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

The Boston Alum Panhel may know if there are any locals around, you might want to contact them too. We just had an online meeting, and we talked about the sororities at all the schools. No locals were listed, but it's possible that they just aren't a part of the school's Panhel. Good luck!
Old 04-01-2006, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Local Alumna

"an opportunity to be in an organization that's like a sorority for adults (cheesy, I know). "

Not cheesy at all!!! The need for this kind of organization is very real, and the need has been met Beta Sigma Phi is a non-collegiate sorority for women of all ages. Other fine sororities for "adults" have also been around for quite some time. In fact, Beta Sigma Phi celebrates 75 years of sisterhood this month

Good luck in finding a good fit.

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient