GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omicron Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,444
1 members and 1,443 guests
No Members online

Old 10-09-2004, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreaAOII
Question Any Ideas for Senior Week???

Hey Sisters,
I am the Alumnae Relations Chair for Epsilon Gamma, I am also in charge of Senior Week for incoming alumnae--- while I am also going alumn I need ideas on plans for this special week-- I am new to AOII--- initiated as a JR !!! So any ideas on senior week and senior gifts would be much appreciated!!! TY!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-09-2004, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zinf77 Send a message via Yahoo to zinf77
I know that we had a senior picnic and sisters 'roasted' the seniors. We made tshirts up for it and it was a lot of fun. We ate lots of food and played games. I can't remember what we did for gifts. You could make them scrapbooks from pics that other sisters have of them. Or maybe some kind of jewerly. I know that they have alum jewerly like charms and stuff.
Tiff
Old 10-10-2004, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DreaAOII
did the roast get out of hand at all? a sister has given me that idea, but i am undecided about it.. afraid some feelings will be hurt.... great idea about a scrapbook-- i will check into that... the jewelry i was thinking about a charm braclet and have each chapter member giving a charm to the seniors.... just a thought...
Old 10-10-2004, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to zinf77 Send a message via Yahoo to zinf77
--

The roast didn't get out of hand at all. It wasn't reallying making fun of the sister it was telling stories and great things about her. Yeah some of it was embarrassing but it was all in good fun.
Tiff
Old 10-11-2004, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Some ideas:

Senior Wills (do you do this already?) My chapter actually gave items. The Seniors would will down shirts and knickknacks that we no longer wanted to younger members. Another chapter I'm familiar with actually willed memories. It was a nice reflection of their time in the chapter.

This is your life. Ask each senior a series of questions. Then you read off the "answers" and everyone else guesses who they are.

Tribute. Either one or a group does a tribute to each senior. I've seen poems read, skits done, Power Point Presentations on her involvement. In four years only one was done in bad taste and everyone learned from it. It can be a very special presentation. (give them a time limit.)

T-shirt. The senior class goes together and gets t-shirts for send-off.

Alumnae Reception - work with your local Alumnae Chapter if you have one near and invite the alumnae to your Alumnae Ritual and have a reception afterward so that the Seniors can meet their future Alumnae Chapter.

Secret Sisters - for the week of Senior Week teams give cute notes thanking their senior for their contribution to the chapter. Be sure to give limits on this so that one doesn't get a bunch of gifts and another nothing.

Scrapbooks Have each sister or groups of sisters do a page for a scrapbook. Be sure to ask moms and advisers for their coupons from the local craft stores like Michaels, JoAnns and AC Moore.

Senior Challenge Don't forget to have each senior sister participate in the Senior Challenge so that your chapter can be recognized at Convention.

Senior GiftSomething the chapter wants and something your senior class wants to buy for the house? Check with the Corporation Board for their approval too!

Senior PictureGet a group picture taken together to put in the chapter scrapbook and each senior can order one for themselves too!

I'll keep thinking of ideas for you.