GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,738
2 members and 1,736 guests
Cookiez17, Sen's Revenge

Old 02-27-2010, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AU_ZTA86 Send a message via Yahoo to AU_ZTA86
A competition is a competition. Unless it is noted as being being exclusive to a particular group, it is open. I do not know how it was marketed/advertised by Sprite but it *appears* to have been an open invite.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_ZTA86 View Post
A competition is a competition. Unless it is noted as being being exclusive to a particular group, it is open. I do not know how it was marketed/advertised by Sprite but it *appears* to have been an open invite.
The bolded seems to be a common theme on here.

You all would know why people are getting upset if you read some of the other threads on this topic.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Several parts of this post show that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Good luck with getting the "step award."
Always have to have the last word, right?

Yes, I do hope we can eventually win this "award" or "honor" or whatever you want to call it. Considering they were "awarded" scholarship money tells me they won an "award" by doing this.

Making the ZTAs share an award for 1st place to appease people shows me how childish some people have made this.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Oh, that's right.
As long as you know.

I didn't read the rest of your post but I hope you feel better now.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Yes, I do hope we can eventually win this "award" or "honor" or whatever you want to call it. Considering they were "awarded" scholarship money tells me they won an "award" by doing this.

Making the ZTAs share an award for 1st place to appease people shows me how childish some people have made this.
Yes, I do enjoy getting the last word.

You still sound like you don't know what's going on. Fine with me, but you can't bitch when people call you on it.

Old 02-27-2010, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AU_ZTA86 Send a message via Yahoo to AU_ZTA86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
As long as you know.

I didn't read the rest of your post but I hope you feel better now.
[/I]

Interesting coming from someone commenting on 'read the threads above".....
Old 02-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Banned

I think als463 is too wrapped in her random and misdirected emotions to know what our disclaimers comments were in reference to. It had nothing to do with ZTA, stepping, or stepshows. It was about what was embedded in the way she expressed her opinion.

That entertainingly brings us full circle and I'm sure I'm not the only person who notices that and is amused.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_ZTA86 View Post
[/I]

Interesting coming from someone commenting on 'read the threads above".....
Nor am I trying to comment about something that I don't know about. Don't hurt yourself trying to blindly ride this until the wheels fall off.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I don't think anyone, who isn't just being mean spirited, thinks the overall routine sucked (regardless of where ZTA got it from).
I don't know about that. I'm not trying to be mean-spirited, but I didn't particularly care for the routine. I think that's mainly because I didn't feel there was enough creativity among other things.

I just wish that for once people would stop trying to make it seem that anyone who thinks they should not have won is being racist or is hating on them. (this isn't in reference to you Dr. Phil, but to some other comments) It seems like some people are willfully ignoring the reasons that many have complained about the initial results with the ZTA's being the winners.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned

Oh well, I guess this is the closest we'll get to any trace of a GC Race War. This was fun although clouded in GLO rants. Pop the bubbly, Senusret I, it's a partial celebration.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

GC Race War 2010: A Dud.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

O ye of little faith.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
This was my thought from the beginning. I, obviously, have no expertise in stepping, but from an outsider looking in, it is apparent that Sprite was looking for publicity through controversy. They found it...and more than they were looking for, I think. I don't blame ZTA, they are in over their heads. They did the best they could and won for the novelty of it. I don't think that they realized that their actions would be seen as disrespectful. Sprite used them for publicity.
Interesting points, but I don't think it's really THAT deep.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Who in the hell are you? Nobody ever told me that my "disclaimers" make me look worse, so maybe you should just keep your opinions to yourself. You may not like what I have to say, but I don't really respect much of what you say, either. I know you think you're someone special, but you're not. Maybe if you had something of interest to contribute every now and then, other than bitching about what someone else had to say-then I'd give a damn what you thought.
you're lying. you did not go through all her posts, read them and decided you didn't respect her. right now you're just coming off as a little snotty bitch. just saying. #kanyeshrug

Quote:
I did.
as did i.

Quote:

you really don't know what's going on still.

Quote:
I think als463 is too wrapped in her random and misdirected emotions to know what our disclaimers comments were in reference to. It had nothing to do with ZTA, stepping, or stepshows. It was about what was embedded in the way she expressed her opinion.

That entertainingly brings us full circle and I'm sure I'm not the only person who notices that and is amused.
nope
Old 02-27-2010, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Actually, I said that because I knew people would get all up in arms thinking that I hate other races or don't care about the D9 organizations. I was making a point that I would have a hard time putting down any of those organizations when I have friends in them. Just like, my cousin is a member of another NPC, and I would never say anything disparaging about them (or any other NPC for that matter). If that makes you laugh, that's great. Good for you. I don't really care what you think about my remark. It was said to make a point. I have friends of all different races (and I am Latino), so I don't want anyone trying to "peg" me as a racist.

I do think that the same people who keep saying that the ZTAs don't understand the roots of stepping or they didn't deserve to win are just making excuses. I feel like the people who say that this ISN'T about race are just lying to themselves. If another D9 organization did some of the same steps and won, maybe they'd get bitched about, but there wouldn't be as much of a stink about it, I don't feel. I think a lot of it has to do with some people feel cheated that this predominantly white organization won a competition that many feel they shouldn't have won.

Either way, I say "Congrats" to the women of ZTA. I also say "Congrats" to anyone who participated in the show. I've seen step-shows at our school and I always admired them. It is hard work and I respect that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.A.S.K
To the bolded points:
Your last point was correct. Many people felt that the predominantly white organization won a competition they shouldn't have won because they were corny and their show was not good enough to win.
+1[911]

Last edited by KAPital PHINUst; 02-27-2010 at 05:24 PM.