GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 2,006
2 members and 2,004 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-13-2006, 09:42 AM

Re: Re: Mary Kay?

Quote:
Originally posted by laura ryan
I read, with interest, the comments about starting a MK thread and noticed the moderator started this thread and invited discussion.
Just to clarify, texas*princess is not "the" moderator - she does not moderate this forum. She co-moderates the forum for her sorority only. In all other forums, she is just another poster with no mod "power."
Old 03-13-2006, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Mary Kay. One of my girl friends started selling it a couple of monthes ago. I tried some of the products just to support her and I fell in love. She actually started me off with some samples so I could see if I even liked it. I like wearing makeup for work (well I find it a neccessity to look professional) and it really stays on. I have always had a problem with wiping off my make up during the day. And I am allergic to some mascares.
Now my friend didn't get into selling MK to make lots of money, but I think that she really could she has the personality that makes a successful salesperson. Also her mom is an entrepuner, so she understands the work that goes into owning a business.
She is never pushy (but I think her director definately has that tendency). Everynow and then she asks me if I need anything, and I have asked her about having a party. She does keep an inventory of the items that people buy al ot, and she will special orders stuff. I like the timewise lotion and cleanser, which she usually has in, because it seems to work the best and there is an SPF for daytime ( I am super pale). She had order me a facial mask and the eyecolors, because she did not keep them in stock. Of course on of the best things about having a BF that sells MK is being able to play with her samples... we will all get together and try out the new shades.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend's mom is an MK rep, and I know exactly what you mean! And I live a little further away from them now, but as my friend and I have the same complexion, I know what looks good on her will look good on me-- makes ordering a breeze!