GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,472
4 members and 1,468 guests
aveesyyandexty4, prettyandpearls

Old 07-09-2003, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigma3
Dream Job:

Queen of England or something like that would be nice.
I used to want to be a jockey, but I'm too tall.
Supermodel
Famous Actress

Realistic Job:
work for a great Advertising agency after college, in San Diego or Hawaii. I'm definitely going to make sure this works out.

Courtney
Old 07-14-2003, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

My ultimate dream job would be to become a Sports Agent. I am facinated by the world of sports (esp. baseball). My brother in law plays baseball and over the past 5 years I have learned so much about what really happens behind the scenes and it just makes me what to know more. I would love to be that go to person for athletes. If I couldn't do that then I want to be able to help High School athletes get college scholarships. I think that it is really important to support the dream of playing sports in college. There are a lot of schools out there that have different talent levels. I think that most kids that want to play in college can. Sorry if I rambled...I get really excited when I talk about those 2 subjects.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
These are things that I want to do... :

1) Work for the FBI
2) Become and author of spy or epic novels
3) Act in a local theatre
Old 10-29-2003, 01:47 PM
cutiepatootie

When i grow up aside from being a "Toys r Us kid" i want to be and i must say there are few jobs you all and I want to be and they are:

1. I want to be either a Victoria Secert model or a model on Sports illustrated swimsuit cover and be married to a young ultra old money rich Handsome power player in D.C who worships me and makes me his throphy wife....LOL ( i am truly laughing at that one)

2. a doctor like the doctors in trauma: life in the E.R

3. a lawyer ( not a long shot since i am a paralegal and contemplating law school) ..... but just not any lawyer head senior attny for the Walt disney Co.

*************my true true desire********************

4. a Congress woman or a congressional aide... and or

5.truly i want to be working in the white house and be C.J. Craig from the "West Wing"

laura
Old 10-30-2003, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
i honestly think i may have found my dream job. i work at the humane society of greater dayton as the volunteer coordinator. i absolutely love my job. it has nothing to do with my major, but i enjoy going to work everyday and love the people i work with. the only downside is the pay. i only get $9.00/hr right now. in a year i should be getting about $10/hr. still not great, but i enjoy it.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 11-05-2003, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

-model
-actress
-screenwriter
-carrie's job on sex & the city
-bar/club owner
-any job that allows me to travel, like working for the olympics
Old 11-06-2003, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I've changed my mind. I would like to be a political fundraiser on a democratic presidential campaign in 2008, and then later on I would like to be a gift and stationery buyer for nice department store.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to efcheerBB
Ever since I was in 4th grade I have wanted to work with animals. When I trasferred up here to MSU I decided to focus on arachnids. Lots of fun classes still to take. Bizarre, I know, but I like it. I am sort of know by another house as the spider lady from when I went through recruitment last fall

GO GREEN GO WHITE
Old 11-17-2003, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Right now, I want to be a Pharmaceutical Sales Rep....although that will definitely be quite a few years away!!! If not that I would love to not have to work or only work PT so I can be able to devote alot of my time to the Kappa Delta Alumna Association and helping out with a local KD Chapter!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Dream jobs:

1. Supermodel (but I'm too short!! I'm 5'2)

2. Fashion designer, focusing specifically on shorter women (sample sizes, for example would be cut to fit a 5'4-5'5 sample model rather than someone who is like 5'8+)

3. Actress (stage and screen) or singer

4. Writer of "chick lit" books

5. First Asian female Prime Minister of Canada. However, I'll settle for Governor-General* (which if I get, I wouldn't be the first Asian, female OR Asian female!)

*The Governor-General is Canada's Head of State (the PM is Head of Government) and represents the monarch. He/she is appointed by the PM every 5 or so years. Our current GG is Adrienne Clarkson who is Asian Canadian (and female).

Last edited by Taualumna; 12-09-2003 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ansturge Send a message via Yahoo to ansturge
to Ride and Train horses professionally
Old 01-06-2004, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
I've actually done my dream job for a year but I had to quit. I would love to start doing it again! In training to do that:

1. train for the Olympics and win the gold medal for figure skating and then be a world famous choreographer for others

2. Work for Babcox and Wilcox in the south and do chemical testing for the US Government and FBI!

3. Help on archeological sites on historical places in Europe!

4. To be head buyer for Torrid or women's clothing for Hot Topic Corporation where I currently work!

Hey, ya never know. Maybe I'll eventually accomplish all that! *hehe* Look for me in 2006!
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.

Last edited by AOII*Azra-elle; 01-06-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Quote:
Originally posted by AOII*Azra-elle
I've actually done my dream job for a year but I had to quit. I would love to start doing it again! In training to do that:

1. train for the Olympics and win the gold medal for figure skating and then be a world famous choreographer for others

2. Work for Babcox and Wilcox in the south and do chemical testing for the US Government and FBI!

3. Help on archeological sites on historical places in Europe!
Hey, after i read your post, I realized that we're a good match LOL, at least, you have the closest jobs I always dream of, dealing with the Olympics and historical site.

My dream job (btw, I will have a Landscape Architecture degree, so you have the idea):
- anything dealing with the Olympics, could be the designer of the Olympics village/stadium/traffic, welcoming committee, chair committee, dealing with athletes and all foreigners from all over the world, maybe even become the athlete myself! LOL

- anything dealing with traveling all around the world, might become the tour guide (now, I love to travel, so I want to be the tour guide for our own people in foreign land, instead of the tour guide for foreign people in our land), travel planner to advise people where/what to see, global ambassador, study abroad program chairman, pilot (? not sure about this, since I don't have 20-20 vision), flight attendance, immigration office (the one that oversees all passports and stamping them)

- anything dealing with language and culture, might be a spy (yeah, see James Bond and his multi-language ability), archeologist (like, Indiana Jones type, going to everywhere from Egypt, India, China, South America, Europe, all over), working for UNESCO preserving world's legacy on sites (preferably in East Europe: Czech Republic, Hungary, Russia, Turkey) or Middle East (err ... except it is not too safe to work in Iraq at the moment)

- the USMC Officer (this more in reality), and be stationed somewhere outside the US and see the world. Okinawa (Japan), in fact, is not too bad. Or guarding some US Embassy somewhere (in Jakarta or Bali, Canberra or Auckland), representing the US somewhere in the world (Copenhagen or Oslo, or Stockholm)

Nuff said, thanks for the globalization!