GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,774
0 members and 1,774 guests
No Members online

Old 07-06-2009, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantielicious View Post
That is still not a valid reason to hate on MK because you tried the wrong product for your skin type...that is just plain dumb. I have customers that have very sensitive skin and may not be able use the skin care for whatever reason, but still will rave about the company and the opportunity and support my busines by buying, lip color, perfume or body wash or anything else that they like. So like my sister said above, no nead to hate on anyone for anything. It is NOT for everybody!!! Just like I can't use Skin So Soft by AVON...I have a violent allergic reaction just by smelling that product on someone else...the first time I put it on my skin I got a rash ALL OVER MY DAM BODY...not just my face..but do I hate AVON? NO! Will I support my friend if they sell AVON, yes...but i just stay away from the SSS product line.
I do not buy products that give me a rash no matter WHO is selling it. To do so would be, as you are fond of saying, STUPID. I also do not attend any "parties" hosted by people claiming to be my friends who want to make a buck off of me. That is a poor way to use friends, in my opinion.

I take excellent care of my skin - have since I was in elementary school - and it sounds like I probably know more about it than you. If you knew anything about skin care and cosmetics, you would know that there is NO brand that works for everyone and that some people may only be able to tolerate a small handful of cosmetic/skin care lines. Go away, crazy!
Old 02-03-2010, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping to vent. One of my friends very recently became a consultant and she is already hardcore into it. It is obnoxious to the point that I have started severely limiting the time I spend with her. I don't like Mary Kay products, so I won't buy any and certainly won't host a party and she just won't.let.it.go. The sad part is, before this, she was one of my good friends and I've always respected her for being highly educated, independent, and the kind of woman who speaks her mind....all of a sudden she's like a different person. It's so frustrating!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:05 PM

Ha ha, I was just thinking today "wow, it's been a while since the Mary Kay thread got bumped."

I guess I'm either extraordinarily lucky with my friends who are consultants, or else I exude such a bitch vibe that they don't want to push me too far.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Anyone have the same problem but with the people who sell Silpada jewelry? My friend keeps pressuring me to host one of her parties, because she knows my roommate just moved out and I don't have anyone to move in yet.

But having less money DOES NOT EQUAL I want discounts and free crappy silver jewelry for each item you pressure my friends to buy at my house. Sorry. Not my style, LET. IT. GO.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:20 PM

I have a friend who works for the main Mary Kay person here in town (I dont know the proper title nor do I care). Apparently my friend waits on this lady and her team hand and foot during their weekly meetings on Thursdays. She even has to park cars for them. My friend doesnt use Mary Kay. This "consultant" awarded her a free facial from a bridal show. Ofcourse that free facial turned into a selling party and my friend was suckered in to that job. She has told me a story already how this lady was rude, when my friend brought her car around and didnt turn the heated seats on for her.

I personally do not like MK products. They break me out, and quite frankly I'll never use anything but bare minerals foundation. If for some reason I ever felt the need to go back to a liquid make up it would be Lancome without question.

As far as other selling businesses mentioned here: I'm not a big fan of having parties. As a former consultant for both The Body Shop at Home and Lia Sophia parties are really hard to get and I didnt like hounding friends to have them. The Body Shop at Home division of The Body Shop went out of business last year because the at home division was also competing with in store and online sales. The Body Shop sold different items in all three venues to get people to shop at all three. Too much in company competition was their downfall. Like with MK and others, the only way to make money with that business was to recruit, recruit, recruit. I did enjoy my personal discount on the products.

Lia Sophia can earn quite a bit of money by just selling the products because of their prices and a 30% commission on sales. I am a loyal customer!

I enjoy Pampered Chef, Southern Living, and Tastefully Simple products and admittedly the NutriMin C RE9 line by Arbonne is outstanding (I just cant afford it).
Old 02-07-2010, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WinniBug
I still have a couple of thousands of dollars worth of MK products I'm trying to sell and get enough back to just break even!
wherever there is fun, there's ALWAYS ALPHA SIGMA!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
Lia Sophia can earn quite a bit of money by just selling the products because of their prices and a 30% commission on sales. I am a loyal customer!

I enjoy Pampered Chef, Southern Living, and Tastefully Simple products and admittedly the NutriMin C RE9 line by Arbonne is outstanding (I just cant afford it).
I just became a "distributor" for Shaklee because I love their home products and wanted to get the discount. I am happy to sell the product to friends who want it, but I don't plan on bugging them to host parties. The discount for me was worth it, and as I don't have to buy a bunch of inventory I won't be out a bunch of money if I don't sell to anyone. Unlike Mary Kay.