GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,448
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Theanex
» Online Users: 2,409
2 members and 2,407 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 08-26-2003, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to twhrider13
Ok...two more hours until orientation. (I'll be sure to update when I get back.) Right now, I'm sitting here with my hair in hot rollers, just waiting! Anyway, I'm wearing a pair of black pinstripe pants with a white shirt (it's like the button-up kind, except mine laces up instead of buttons) and a pair of black chunky heeled loafer-like shoes, if that makes any sense. I'm so excited!
Old 08-26-2003, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Good Luck and have a blast!!!!!

Nichole
Old 08-26-2003, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Orientation

Hey, everyone! I'm back from orientation now. I'm really, really excited, because all the Rho Chis seem extremely nice and so do all the PNMs. I thought I would be the only sophomore rushing, but it turns out there are at least 2 others! There were only 56 girls at orientation. I was shocked! I figured there would be soooo many more. With only about 60 girls rushing and only 5 chapters on campus, then it stands to reason that most girls would get bids, right? (I mean, I know it depends on who is interested in whom, but I'm talking percentage-wise.) So, anyway, I just wanted to update y'all. First round (values round) starts Friday, so I'll post again then!
Old 08-27-2003, 07:48 AM
GreekChat Member

have a blast...
Old 08-28-2003, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, all! I'm just getting in from my first day of classes. It all seems to be ok, but I'm wondering, "Where are all the guys already?"!!!!!! But it's all right, I suppose. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that rush starts tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 Central. Since the first two rounds at JSU are pretty casual, I'll be wearing a kind of loose sleeveless beige shirt with an asymmetrical (sp?) hemline and a denim skirt with tan slides. I've also decided to use ice cream flavors (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, blueberry, and peach) as substitutions for chapter names. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes tomorrow!
Old 08-28-2003, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Your outfit sounds super cute! Good luck!!
Old 08-28-2003, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Do Jacksonville State's chapters have individual websites? I looked on the JSU Greek Life homepage, but all it had was links to Nationals. Good Luck!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Three of our chapters have websites, and they're buried on the student life page. It took me a long time to find them as well. But AOII, Phi Mu, and ZTA do have their own pages. (AXD and DZ don't.)

AOII: http://www.geocities.com/deltaepsilonaoii/index.html

Phi Mu: http://www.phimu-jsu.com/

ZTA: http://www.geocities.com/ztapsi/
Old 08-28-2003, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Very excited for you Randi...you are going to have a blast! Enjoy yourself! I'm sure the guys will show up eventually.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
ok so i'm completely oblivious to everything around me apparently and just now noticed that you have a chapter of Phi Mu! LOL. anyway, i'm so excited to read your rush thread...as a popular rush slogan says, "NO matter which way you go you can't go wrong!"
Old 08-29-2003, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Today is the day!!!!!! I've got class from 1:45 to 2:45, then rush check in is from 3:00-3:30. I'm so excited. As soon as I get in tonight, I'll be sure to update. Oh, and I want to thank you all for your support!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Hiiiiii!!!! I'm just returning from the first round of rush! I'm going to give you all a short rundown of what happened, then I'm going to bed, because I'm soooooo exhausted. None of our chapters had houses, so all the parties were set up in different buildings around campus.

The first party I went to was Strawberry. They're the smallest chapter on campus, but they really seemed to me to be the most down-to-earth and have the strongest sisterhood.

The second was Peach. I was secretly prepared not to like them, but they surprised me. They seemed really nice and not nearly as shallow as I had expected.

The third was Chocolate. I thought I would like these girls better than I actually did. They were all very nice, but we just didn't click like I hoped.

The fourth was Vanilla. These girls were great, and they seemed geniunely interested in what I had to say.

The fifth was Blueberry. They, too, were nice, but they seemed more interested in promoting their chapter than in learning about me as a person.

If I had to rank tonight, I would choose Strawberry first, Vanilla second, Peach third, Chocolate fourth, and Blueberry fifth. Tomorrow is another open round, and I think I'm about to go to bed. I'll let you all know about Philanthropy rounds as soon as I can get to a computer!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Sounds like you had a blast! Good luck getting invites! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Old 08-30-2003, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

what a great night! good luck tomorrow!

btw, all of this ice cream talk has got me sooooo hungry! i have been craving a vanilla soft serve in a cone, but the stupid dq is closed!!!
Old 08-30-2003, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck tomorrow! And it sounds like you had a great time tonight.