GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,436
1 members and 1,435 guests
Kevin
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 04:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Nothing new to report except that...I sent my mom the link to this thread and she's been reading it. She called me up in tears today, saying she was so proud of what I've accomplished, and that reading all of the support and encouragement that everyone here has given me made her feel so good! I think it was reassuring to her to know that I was getting some maternal type concern even though we're 500 miles apart. So anyway, mom, once you get to this page (which, considering how long this is, won't be for a while), I just wanted to tell you, I couldn't have done one bit of this without you. And thank you to everyone who was nice to me on here and thus made my mom cry
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-05-2004, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

*bump*
Old 03-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

"GreekChat - making mothers cry daily!"
Old 04-06-2004, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

It has been an amazing journey. Unfortunately, it is now over, and sometimes things don't end like you expect. Andrea and I have decided that pursuing membership with Theta Nu Xi is no longer the best option for us. The future of NBO is uncertain, and I imagine we will all simply consider ourselves alum and move on with our lives. I wish that things could have worked out better for everyone involved, but I know that everything that happens is meant to be. It's been one hell of a ride, and I want to thank everyone for their continued support and interest in our success. It has meant more to me than I could ever express, and- regardless of anything else that has happened- the friendships I have forged from this website make the journey this thread has captured more than worthwhile.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Are you graduating this semester?

Quote:
Originally posted by wishinhopin
It has been an amazing journey. Unfortunately, it is now over, and sometimes things don't end like you expect. Andrea and I have decided that pursuing membership with Theta Nu Xi is no longer the best option for us. The future of NBO is uncertain, and I imagine we will all simply consider ourselves alum and move on with our lives. I wish that things could have worked out better for everyone involved, but I know that everything that happens is meant to be. It's been one hell of a ride, and I want to thank everyone for their continued support and interest in our success. It has meant more to me than I could ever express, and- regardless of anything else that has happened- the friendships I have forged from this website make the journey this thread has captured more than worthwhile.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes I am!
Old 04-06-2004, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Ahh that sucks . . stay in school another year to put your sorority in the water and escape the real world.

If you can pass the baton to a real go-getter it still might suceed . . . how many members do you have?

Quote:
Originally posted by wishinhopin
Yes I am!
Old 04-06-2004, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Without going into too much discussion, suffice it to say that some members are still interested in pursuing membership with Theta Nu Xi, though I do not have any idea how that is coming along. Andrea and I made individual decisions, and it was my choice that NBO not be affiliated with this pursuit any longer. Thus the alumnae status. I feel that it has run its course, and I'm alright with that- disapointed of course, but I know I made the right decision.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

corrina...it's been a heckofa ride.
get that diploma and move forward, but don't lose the work done from your resume. it tells volumes of who you are. the game is as important as the end.
you'll find a business home...hopefully with the passion you share.
all the best my friend.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mmcat
corrina...it's been a heckofa ride.
get that diploma and move forward, but don't lose the work done from your resume. it tells volumes of who you are. the game is as important as the end.
you'll find a business home...hopefully with the passion you share.
all the best my friend.
Too good not to quote!

Corina and Andrea, you are amazing women! I would hope that the rest of GreekChat will support your decisions, as this is obviously one that's been made with great care. I've been one of your biggest fans since the first time I read this thread, and my one regret is that you are not my sorority sisters. Truly, you would be sisters to be proud of!!

All the best to you!
Old 04-07-2004, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

congratulations on the upcoming graduation, and here's wishing you the very very best.

Thank you for sharing such an important part of your life with GCers.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

wishinhopin,
Congrats on your impending graduation! Your story has been an amazing to follow and good luck with everything!
Closed Thread