GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,550
1 members and 1,549 guests
naraht

Old 04-01-2008, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Where have you run into another Kappa?

When have you run into another Kappa? I know there have to be some fun stories out there.

I was interviewing for a position once, and the interviewer and I really were not connecting. Then she asked about my involvement in college, and she was a Kappa at William & Mary! She became much warmer and I ended up getting the position.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I ran into one at the grocery store. Well, I already knew her (kinda) from the Santa Cruz AA, but she recognized my sweatshirt and I helped her find the guacamole.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I randomly met two Kappas from Arizona State when I was doing a summer work study program in London during college.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I volunteered at a hospital the second semester of my freshman year. I had just been oriented to my job responsibilities, and was taking a break with two older volunteers in the cafeteria. One gal was probably in her 30's, the other in her 40's. (They seemed a LOT older than me at the time!) Anyway, they asked me the standard questions "what are you studying, where do you live" etc. and I told them that I was a newly initiated Kappa. The younger woman reached over and shook my hand. . . in a very special way. They were both Kappa alums!! I about fell out of my chair. I had a fun semester that year volunteering and getting to know these neat ladies!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I was visiting some family in Phoenix and went out to lunch with my grandparents. I had a date party t-shirt on and our waitress was a Kappa! She invited me over to the house (ASU), and it was fun to meet some of our sisters and see another house.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I was at a pre-basketball game dinner sponsored by our university alumni association a few weeks ago and was sitting at a table with a bunch of alumni. I was wearing my lavalier, and the lady practically jumped out of her chair when she noticed. It turns out she was not only an alum from my chapter, but also a province director!

This didn't happen to me, but I still think it's cool. Another one of my sisters was in the Bahamas over Christmas on a research trip and she ran into another Kappa. One of our new members from COB actually pledged this spring because she was on the same trip and thought their bond through our sisterhood was so amazing.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh wait! I ran into a Kappa at a burrito place last May. It was only a few weeks after we were installed. A fraternity here had a big day time party, and it got broken up, so we went to get burritos instead. One of the fraternity bros was there with his friend from UCSB who is a Kappa. She was super nice. I wish I had gotten her contact info!
Old 04-12-2008, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

At a national banking convention with my husband years ago, we were attending a cocktail party where very few of the guests knew each other. I struck up a conversation with an older woman. We had such a nice visit, and I remember thinking that we really connected. After several minutes, her husband joined us and I noticed that his tie was covered in what looked like a subtle fleur de lis pattern. I know it sounds strange, but I wanted to know if this woman was a Kappa; I don't go around thinking everyone I meet and like is a kappa, but I had a weird feeling that she had to be one. So I asked him, " Are those fleur de lis on your tie?" To which, he responded, "My wife says they are and she should know." My instincts were right!
Old 04-19-2008, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

a girl in my house ran into one at the nursing home where one of her grandparents lives. she even was a mu kappa! so every time she goes home, they talk about kappa & tell stories. for example we have what we call the "penthouse" which is a huge room where 10 girls live....it's kind of our take on the cold dorm in a way. well, the lady remembers when that was the chapter room & today, it's in a room (which is more like a closet) in the basement. it's the worst place for a chapter room because it's so so so hot & stuffy once you get 136 girls in there.

i really can't wait to run into a kappa somewhere. i'm sure i have, but they just haven't come up to me & said something.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I ran into a Kappa mom at my store yesterday!

We were talking about what brought her to Nashville, and she tells me her daughter moved here a few months ago and is trying to make it in the music business. She goes on to say she gets lonely sometimes, but that she met with some nice Kappas earlier in the week. I couldn't believe it! We exchanged information and I hope she'll get involved with our association because, not only does Kappa offer great friendship potential, we also have several women who work in the music industry!
Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I always loved meeting other kappas when I was in college (over the summer on vacation, etc) but I have to say that meeting other kappa alums has been such a blessing! It is so neat to stumble across another kappa. It is comforting, in a way, to know that wherever you are, kappas can be found. I hope that kappa joins your association in Nashville. It is such a good way to get connected in a new town.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I was giving a campus tour at my college and when I was talking about what I do on campus, one of the moms of a prospective student ran forward and said, "You're in Kappa! Oh my god, me too!" It was too cute. Unfortunately she only had a son, though...
Old 08-17-2008, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I met a Kappa at work today! I saw a girl wearing a shirt that said "Greek Week 07" on the back. I couldn't read what school it said on the front, so I asked. It was UC Santa Barbara. I asked which sorority and she said Kappa and I said ME TOO!!! Yayyy! She was super nice and we chatted about our installation and being a new(ish) chapter and such. She mentioned she had met two of my chapter sisters who are transferring down there and she liked them a lot. It totally made my day!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Crashing...

at my family reunion!
My cousin initiated in 1990 at U of Colorado

/end crash
Old 08-21-2008, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a cashier at a Forever 21 in Orlando (hello tourist town). The mall I work at is a very serious tourist attraction and we get people from all over the world coming in, literally. I met 4 Kappas this summer just from girls coming through my line.

The time I remember the most though was the second time, when I saw this girl come in wearing a Greek Week t-shirt and I just had this gut feeling that she was Kappa. Of course, she came through my line and I asked her what sorority she was in, she said Kappa and we talked for a few minutes about random stuff. It was really cool. 3 of the 4 I met were from the University of Alabama. They all came in on different days, weeks apart, with different people. It was strange.

But from working at Forever 21 (just this summer) I have met 4 Kappas, 3 Thetas, 3 Tri-Deltas, 2 AGDs, 3 ADPi's, 1 Gamma Phi Beta, an ASA, a Sigma Kappa, 2 KD's, 2 ChiO's, and 2 PiPhi's. I never realized just how many people were Greek out there, and you would never know it!