GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,442
0 members and 2,442 guests
No Members online

Old 09-24-2004, 03:53 PM
Banned

Evite.com

I've had people recommend evite.com to me on greekchat previously for alumni events.

I learned just now that you can offer the list members a choice of dates for an event which is pretty cool.

Also, be warned that evite.com sends out alcohol ads, which may be against your fraternity's policies. So to block these ads, pick "Just 4 Kids" as the event type.

-Rudey
--Just thought I would share since it's free.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-24-2004, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, if you simply don't use alcohol endorsed evites, you should be able to avoid the alcohol ads. That way you don't neccesarily have to limit to the just for kids section. I have not seen any alcohol ads using the sorority sisters evite. I haven't really seen others since most evites I get or send involve parties or bar nights. But I guess thats what you get as a graduate student...or at least what you get as a science grad student at my institution.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by oncelurked
Also, if you simply don't use alcohol endorsed evites, you should be able to avoid the alcohol ads. That way you don't neccesarily have to limit to the just for kids section. I have not seen any alcohol ads using the sorority sisters evite. I haven't really seen others since most evites I get or send involve parties or bar nights. But I guess thats what you get as a graduate student...or at least what you get as a science grad student at my institution.
How do I not use alcohol endorsed evites? I don't like the big ice cream truck that's on my evites but I'd rather not get anyone upset.

Advertisements/Alcohol

Q: How can I prevent my Evite from having alcohol advertisements?
A: You can prevent your Evite from having alcohol and mature advertising during the create process by selecting Just 4 Kids as your event type in the drop down menu. Have no fear, by doing so you will still be able to select any design from other categories in our gallery. Please note that if you have chosen an Advertiser template, such as BACARDI®, and still chosen the Just for Kids event type, there will (possibly) be alcohol ads associated with that template which override the event type.

-Rudey
Old 09-24-2004, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

So if you use the drop-down menu and select just 4 kids, you immediately avoid the alcohol ads. Then look through the design gallery - you do this by clicking on the orange button just to the left of the ice cream truck. A new window with categories on the left and thumbnails of evite designs on the left will pop up. Any design will be permissable without alcohol ads, but try not to pick one with an obvious booze-related design.
Generally, as long as you do not select an alcohol-related category in the drop-down menu you won't have problems as long as you also do not select an invite where alcohol is implied or shown in the drawing/picture. The just 4 kids option is a safeguard for that though.