GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,328
4 members and 1,324 guests
John, Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
I didn't get the "look at everything I do, feel sorry for me" impression at all from these posts.

If it means anything, and I know I'm not speaking for them at all, it just seems like it was put out there to show those interested in AI (especially the ones who only want to join because they want to re-live their college days/missed out on sororities in college) that it's not about sitting on their asses and getting to wear letters after Initiation Day.
Exactly.

If I didn't love what I do, I would've said no a long time ago.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB View Post
Ummmm......if you don't like how much you do, just say no. It's as easy as that. But whether you mean to or not, you all have a "look at everything I do, feel sorry for me" sound to your posts.
Oh no, that's not at all how I intended my remarks. I'm sorry if some readers perceived them that way. Buckeye and I both had smiles and laughs in our posts so I don't think either of us was trying to whine.

I don't need anyone to feel sorry for me because I don't feel sorry for myself. I am very proud to be a Gamma Phi and I do what I do for the organization because a) I willingly volunteered and b) because I'm having a darn good time too.

My point was to agree with CuteASAbug that potential AIs who think they're going to be reliving their college days via Greek sings and fraternity exchanges are mistaken.

On reflection, could it be that perhaps you're "irritated" because we sound like we're bragging? (Which would explain the "And don't even think about jumping down my throat..." comment) Again, that's not what I meant; but I can see how it could be perceived that way.

I think we're just trying to set an example to potential AIs about what it means to give back to the organization which invited you for membership. After all, I think we'd all be disappointed in an AI who initiated, got her badge and then promptly tossed it into a dresser drawer never to be seen again. My sorority experience these past 3.5 years has certainly been enriching; but it hasn't been a "good ol' college time". That's all I meant...does that make sense?

You don't need to justify your participation to me - I know that you contribute to our sisterhood. See you at convention?

.....Kelly

True and Constant

Last edited by navane; 01-17-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-17-2008, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
I didn't get the "look at everything I do, feel sorry for me" impression at all from these posts.

If it means anything, and I know I'm not speaking for them at all, it just seems like it was put out there to show those interested in AI (especially the ones who only want to join because they want to re-live their college days/missed out on sororities in college) that it's not about sitting on their asses and getting to wear letters after Initiation Day.
Ah! You posted while I was typing my response. Yes, that was the intention of my post.

.....Kelly

True and Constant