GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,081
2 members and 1,079 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite one was the one from the FBI director. However, I didn't know that the FBI spelled everything with the lowercase. I busted out laughing when I got this and read it. I've gotten it three times already and the second and third ones I forwarded onto the FBI itself to their internet crimes division.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I DO TOO!

FEDEX COURIER SERVICE, WEST AFRICA,LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA.Customer Serviceear Customer,We have been waiting for you to contact us for your Package that is been registeredwith us for shipping to your residential location. We had thought that your sender gave you our contact details. It may interest you to know that a letter is also added to your package. However,we cannot quote its content to you via email for privacy reasons. We understand that the content of your package itself is a Bank Draft worth of $900,000.00 (Nine Hundred Thousand US Dollars). As you know, FedEx does not ship money in CASH or in CHEQUES but BANK DRAFTS are shippable. The package is registered with us for mailing by your colleague as claimed,and your colleague explained that he is from the United States but he is here in Nigeria for a three (3) month Survey Project as he works with a construction firm in Nigeria West Africa .. We are sendingyou this email because your package is been registered on a Special Order.What you have to do now, is to contact our Delivery Department for immediate dispatch of your package to your residential address. Note that as soon as our Delivery Team confirms your information,it will take three (3) working days (72Hrs) for your package to arrive its designated destination. For your information, the VAT & Shipping charges as well as Insurance fees have been paid by your colleague before your package was registered. Note that the payment that is made on the Insurance, Premium & Clearance Certificates, are to certify that the Bank Draft is not a DrugAffiliated Fund (DAF) neither is it funds to sponsor Terrorism in your country. This will help you avoid any form of query from the Monetary Authority of your country. However, you will have to pay a sum of $200 to the FedEx Delivery Department being full payment for the Security Keeping Fee of the FedEx Company as stated in our privacy terms & condition page. Also be informed that your colleague wished to pay for the Security Keeping charges, but we do not accept such payments considering the fact that all items & packages that is registered with us have a time limitation and we cannot accept payment without knowing when you will be picking up the package or even respond to us. So we cannot take the risk to have accepted such a payment incase of any possible demurrage. Kindly note that your colleague did not leave us with any further information. We hope that you respond to us as soon as possible because if you fail to respond until the expiry date of the foremost package, we may refer the package to the British Commission for Welfare as the package do not have a return address. Kindly contact the delivery department (FedEx Delivery Post) with the details given below:Contact Person: Mr.Mark Peters.Email: mark_fedexdelivery@yahoo.caTel: +234-808-790-1241Kindly complete the below form and send it to the email address given above. This is mandatory to reconfirm your Postal address and telephone numbers.FULL NAMES:CELL PHONE:POSTAL ADDRESS:CITY:STATE:COUNTRY:As soon as your details are received, our delivery team will give you the necessary payment procedure so that you can effect the payment for the Security Keeping Fees. As soon as they confirm your payment of $200, they shall immediately dispatch your package to the designated address. It usually takes 72 Hours being an express delivery service. Note that we were not instructed to email you, but due to the high priority of your package we had to inform you as your sender did not leave us with his phone number because he stated that he just arrived England and he was not on phone yet. We indeed personally sealed your Bank Draft and we found your email contact in the attached letter as the recipient of the foremostpackage. Ensure to contact the delivery department with the email address and ensure to fill the above form as well to enable successful reconfirmation.All responses must be forwarded to:mark_fedexdelivery@yahoo.caYours Faithfully,Mr.James Donald FedEx Online Management Team.All rights reserved. (c) 1995-2009 FedEx/
.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}

Last edited by SWTXBelle; 01-23-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

They were talking about this guy on the radio yesterday morning. He lost $150,000 in this scam and it went really far, with him traveling to Europe, meeting the guys and everything. Unreal.

http://www.windsorstar.com/Leamingto...799/story.html
Old 01-23-2009, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Why would some folks think that these things are real? I mean really, they are always looking for the "next of kin" and you're supposedly it? I mean, I know MOST if not all of my family and I don't think that any of these people would be my "relatives." It's a shame that foks get suckered into these basic con games. One say someone is going to do this deal and end up getting shot.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Howsmynanny????

Hi,

Sir. Paul Bryant has sent you the following message regarding HowsMyNanny.com.

Subject: USD$7.5 M DOLLARS INHERITANCE FUNDS AND CONTRACT PAYMENT SUM/PLEASE
RESPOND

49, Featherstone Street,
LONDON, EC 1Y 8SY
UNITED KINGDOM

ATTN: Beneficiary,

We the entire members of the Royal House of Treasury, on behalf of the
Government of Great Britain, under the auspices of the Her Royal Majesty Queen
Elizabeth of England II held a meeting this week concerning payment, both
foreign and local contractors and some inheritance funds which were not released
to the right benefactors

Her Royal Majesty, has just informed this office (Royal House of Treasury) that
All the listed contractors and Inheritance funds benefactors which their
CONTRACT PAYMENT SUM AND INHERITANCE FUNDS were not paid to should be released
to them with effect

We discovered that your payment listed to us Seven million five hundred thousand
dollars (US$7.5M) approximately Four million Great Britain Pounds (GBP 4M), you
are advised to respond with effect so that we will process your payment to be
made in any form you wish to receive your funds.

Kindly respond to this office so that your payment will be process and
transferred under 72hours of receiving this email, you can contact us on this
telephone number + 233 206 879 137 for a voice confirmation.

On going through files yesterday, we discovered that your file was dumped
untreated, so at this juncture, we apologize for the delay of your payment and
please stop communicating with any office now and attention to the appointed
office below for you to receive your payment accordingly.

Now you're new Payment Reference No.-35460021, Allocation No: 674632 Password No
: 339331 , Pin Code No: 55674 and your Certificate of Merit Payment No : 103 ,
Released Code No: 0763; Immediate Telex confirmation No: -1114433 ; Secret Code
No: XXTN013, Having received these vital payment number, therefore You are
qualified now to received and confirm Your payment with the United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland immediately within 72hours

You are directed to reconfirm your full detailed information, like your full
name, home address, office address, profession and marital status, Age, home
phone number and cell phone number as well as time to call you on the phone.

NOTE: We have mounted our security network to monitor every in-coming call, if
we still find out that you are still dealing with all those fraudsters that have
been frustrating you, I shall stop and cancel your payment immediately .

Best Regards

Sir. Paul Bryant
Royal House of Treasury

N:B Please sir , be advised to always respond to this email address :
sirpaulb120@hotmail.com
Content

HowsMyNanny.com is an easy to use
Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post

Sir. Paul Bryant
Royal House of Treasury

N:B Please sir , be advised to always respond to this email address :
sirpaulb120@hotmail.com
Content

HowsMyNanny.com is an easy to use
Royal House of Treasury using hotmail. That's too funny.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

My money is already deposited!!!

Hello My Dear,
After waiting and no response was heard, I deposited and also paid for the delivery fee of your $1.5,000 000.00 Million US Dollars, as consignment box to FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY in Lagos-Nigeria because I have travelled to London on a visit you can reach me on +447045765505. I am on a visit to a friend and will not come back till Dec, 2009. I will want you to contact the FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY to know when they will be delivering your consignment. I have paid for the delivery charges and also the insurance fee,the only fee you will have to pay them is the monthly demurrage fee which they would pay the security department that are guarding your consignment since the date of deposit. But if you will be very fast in contacting them, you will be charged only one month demurrage fee which will cost only $170 USD. o i urge you to contact them as soon as you receive this email.

CONTACT: Dr. Charles OkoyeMANAGER,FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY.E-mail: drcharlsokoye@gmail.com

Try to contact him as soon as possible to avoid increase in demurrage fee. I gave them your delivery address but you have to reconfirm it to them again to avoid any mistakes in the delivery of your fund. Reconfirm below information to the company.
Your Full Name-----------------------
Your Address-------------------------
Home Telephone-----------------------
Office Telephone---------------------

Note: You are to contact the FEDERAL INLAND SECURITY COMPANY MANAGER via this email:-- (drcharlsokoye@gmail.com) Finally indicate this code: GM0081 when contacting them, it will identify that you are the owner of the $1.500.000.00 consignment trunk box deposited in the company. Do let me know as soon as you receive your consignment and take a proper account of the content, and see that it contains $1.500.000.00

Regards,

Mr. Paul A.Rogers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I LOVE how everyone is using gmail or hotmail too! Totally legit!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
They were talking about this guy on the radio yesterday morning. He lost $150,000 in this scam and it went really far, with him traveling to Europe, meeting the guys and everything. Unreal.

http://www.windsorstar.com/Leamingto...799/story.html
How can he be smart enough to either invest enough or earn $150k.... but then fall for a 413 scam?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

I replied once for the hell of it. Told em that I have the money, but I want the guy to come to Indonesia and pick the cash up. I gave him an address, which was the national police hq. Dunno if he showed up or not.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Is the recession affecting scammers?

...instead of asking for thousands in a deposit, I just need to send $150 dollars!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--Vodafone Group Plc
Vodafone House
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN
England
Attn: Beneficiary,

Congratulations Vodafone Group Plc has chosen you by the board of
trustees as one of the final recipients of a cashGrant/Donation for your
own personal, educational, and business development.

To celebratethe 30th anniversary program,We are giving out a yearly
donation of 1,000,000.00(One Million Pounds Sterlings) to 5 lucky
recipients,donations/aid from the Vodafone Group Plc,ECOWAS,EU,UNICEF and the UNO in accordance with the enabling act of Parliament,which is part of our promotion.this is also to inform you thatyour winnings falls in the Africa Category (Nigeria) you will be required to pay just $150 as the delivery charges to send all the neccessary documents and your winnings check to your address, kindly fill the claims requirement form and send it to the executive secretary so as to enable him send you details on how you are to send the payment.

To file for your claim you are to fill out below information and send
it to Sir. Mclean Robert The Executive Secretary Via his email contact
address (vodafone-groupplc@live.com)
you can also call to confirm the genuity.

Claims Requirements:
1. Full Name:..............................
2. Address; ............................
3. Nationality:..................................
4. Age:.......... Date of Birth:.................
5. Occupation:....................................
6. Phone:................Fax:.....................
7. State of Origin:..........Country:.............

The Executive Secretary:

Sir. Russell Weaver
Email : vodafone-groupplc@live.com
Tell:+2348032536031

Last edited by Honeykiss1974; 03-10-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

this is all over craig's list for apartment rentals.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:55 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
i actually made up a brand new account and forwarded one to myself and answered it (i was majorly bored)...i said how it was such a blessing and how i had lost my job and how "fortunate" i was that someone wanted to share with me. i got one email back that said i needed to send them a thousand bucks to "process" it, and i responded that i couldnt afford a thousand, would they take 500?

they didnt respond
Old 03-14-2009, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

/\ you should send a response to the one I posted. Aparently, they understand that we're in a recession hence the cheap rates. LOL
Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

what really got to me is that simple logic would've prevented people from being defrauded. Corporations, governments, law firms, will not be using free email services to send their official messages. Also, look at the caps being used people.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
what really got to me is that simple logic would've prevented people from being defrauded. Corporations, governments, law firms, will not be using free email services to send their official messages. Also, look at the caps being used people.
LOL.

You mean the Nigerian Treasury Dept's email address ISN'T really nigeriantreasury@yahoo.com?

Lakers Nation.