GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,190
3 members and 1,187 guests
Tridentia, Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Inquiry: Graduate Chapter

Hello All,

I will apologize in advance for the long post. I want to keep from receiving generic answers. I wanted to cover that..
YES...I have done my research
YES...I have gone to the website
YES...I am and have been working on building a relationship with the ladies
YES...I am aware that I have to continue to do community service
and ABSOLUTELY...my main focus is to work on myself before I decide to make the commitment.

I am new to this forum and was wondering if you can help me.
I am interested in joining a local graduate chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Incorporated. I have been researching this sorority and also the ladies of the chapter.

I was able to do some research and realized that one of my Facebook buddies was buddies with a member in the graduate chapter. I went to one of their events after speaking with her. She then introduced me to the president of the chapter. I keep in contact with her for general information. And she answers and continues to reassure me that I am not a bother. However, I respect her space and keep my questions to a minimum. So far so good right?

However, I have heard that Alpha Kappa Alpha Incorporated now does credit checks. I am worried because I have recently cleaned up my credit due to a layoff that hurt me tremendously. Although I know graduate chapters do not hold a line every year and time is working on my side, I am still worried. Also, I am active in my community. But I do not know how many hours are required for this. Yes, I have held leadership roles, and I am a service to all mankind: From children to elderly people, military personnel to civilians, cancer patients to hospice and so forth.

I am worried about my credit keeping me from reaching my goal. I am also worried that my hours of community service will not meet a requirement that is unknown.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you everyone for reading
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Closed Thread