GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,207
1 members and 2,206 guests
No Members online

Old 03-17-2004, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

ktsnake, thanks for posting all that. I'm just delighted I finally found a city worse than Milwaukee.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-17-2004, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
ktsnake, thanks for posting all that. I'm just delighted I finally found a city worse than Milwaukee.
No problem
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-17-2004, 10:56 AM

I believe the quotes pertinent to the discussion are "Straight outta Compton, crazy mutha***** named Ice Cube" and "With so much drama in the LBC, it's kinda hard being Snoop D O double G."

That ends this public service lyrics quote.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by msn4med1975
Unless I'm mixing up my songs, and I could be, Ice Cube claimed to be straight out of compton. Snoop has always claimed Long Beach. Regardless what does ANY of that have to do with people showing up to an ill themed party in blackface? And starang is right, most of the D9 orgs will have themed parties but none that are offensive to anyone else unless someone is suddenly feeling threatened by being labeled "old school." And if you see someone's pledges walking around like ducks you may want to report that to the Greek Life office.
co sign....what does any of this have to do with this offensive act?
Old 03-17-2004, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, they just make their pledges walk around campus like ducks and tell me I didn't earn my letters. Way classier, guys.
what does any of this have to do with an NPHC organization throwing a "white trailer trash bash?" nothing.

the price of tea in china, i tell ya....
Old 03-17-2004, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by starang21
co sign....what does any of this have to do with this offensive act?
You yourself made a post about how your organization would never do something awful and offensive like that, so I was bringing up some awful and offensive things your organization has done that are a) worse and b) anti-fraternal.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Ktsnake, thanks for posting the information about your town. Now I can see why you say the things you say. If I lived in a town with less than 69,000 people (average number of people found daily on my college campus was larger than that), I guess I would have a different perception of the world, too. I would also venture to say that there aren't too many of "us minorities" running around Edmond, OK, either. However, if you have statistics on that to prove me wrong (which I'm sure you will try), I'd be happy to see them.

I'm not going to contribute to this thread any further, but let me be clear that it is not because you "won", Ktsnake. It's because you keep posting statistics, etc. that are useless and pointless. I never said Compton had no crime, but yet you felt the need to post all these stats to show everyone. You posted some song lyrics from the EIGHTIES. Why? I have no idea.

I hope that you stick to your choice to stay in Oklahoma, because you might get eaten alive by all the "evil people" here. Good luck to ya!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deuika Send a message via Yahoo to deuika
Quote:
Originally posted by Colonist
Wow political correctness strikes again... These guys behaved like idiots and made a stupid mistake. This does not warrant any action from their national, nor the school. What is being done to them is ridiculous.

But, of course, the University President, plays to the liberals and interest groups, and goes overboard. Hopefully the PIKE chapter will get this resolved.
This has nothing to do with being PC, which I oppose adamantly. This is about STU-PI-DITY!!!!
You know, if they want to be racist that's fine and dandy, one more idiot in the world doesn't effect my day. But when they make such a public display people have a RIGHT to respond. If they couldn't take it perhaps they should have reconsidered this moronic display. If I walk around with a "Kill _" t-shirt should I be upset that I get jumped in the supermarket? I think not. One must take responsibility for his or her actions. If they couldn't deal with the criticism they shouldn't have done it in the first place. I know for DARN sure they didn't think people were just gonna say "Oh well, let's not be PC, let them do that." Uhhhh PLEASE
Old 03-17-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

So we're thinking of summering in Hunts Point over in the Bronx. Anyone want a postcard?

-Rudey
Old 03-17-2004, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You yourself made a post about how your organization would never do something awful and offensive like that, so I was bringing up some awful and offensive things your organization has done that are a) worse and b) anti-fraternal.
like what? throwing a "white trash bash?" hazing activities are irrelevant to the issue at hand. you thought it would be funny if one of us did it, and i told you none of us would do it. so, again...what does this have to do with the issue at hand?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

OK. Here's How To End Racism

OK. Here's how to end racism. If racism flows from the belief that your race is superior, then the answer is this: everyone should be made to watch episodes of "Cops". If you believe that white people/black people/brown people are superior, watch episode after episode of "Cops" and see the lowest, dumbest, most vile worthless human scum imaginable, in all colors. You can't bring yourself to believe that you actually crawled out of the same gene pool as that human debris.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deuika Send a message via Yahoo to deuika
Re: OK. Here's How To End Racism

Quote:
Originally posted by Firehouse
OK. Here's how to end racism. If racism flows from the belief that your race is superior, then the answer is this: everyone should be made to watch episodes of "Cops". If you believe that white people/black people/brown people are superior, watch episode after episode of "Cops" and see the lowest, dumbest, most vile worthless human scum imaginable, in all colors. You can't bring yourself to believe that you actually crawled out of the same gene pool as that human debris.
Please tell me you're kidding?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, yes, but maybe not 100%.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to msn4med1975 Send a message via Yahoo to msn4med1975
Quote:
Just checking to make sure but are you saying that the method in which they (and I'm assuming you have personally witnessed Iota Phi Theta doing this since you directed it toward starang) bring in new members is on the same level as someone showing up in blackface at a party? Not throwing out any accusations but just wondering? Cause the only organization that I'm familiar with doing duck walks at ANY POINT IN TIME IN THEIR history was my own and that's illegal now so again I say if you see it PLEASE report it.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LatinaAlumna
Ktsnake, thanks for posting the information about your town. Now I can see why you say the things you say. If I lived in a town with less than 69,000 people (average number of people found daily on my college campus was larger than that), I guess I would have a different perception of the world, too. I would also venture to say that there aren't too many of "us minorities" running around Edmond, OK, either. However, if you have statistics on that to prove me wrong (which I'm sure you will try), I'd be happy to see them.
I live in a town of 600,000 people. Do I get to play still?