GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,409
0 members and 1,409 guests
No Members online

Old 07-11-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meridionaleDG
Wink So we know all the PNM's are excited about rush ;)

...but are us "other siders" excited?

I couldn't be any more excited. I think I am just as excited this summer about recruiting girls as I was last summer about being recruited! This will be my first time on the other side, so I feel like a newbie in that regard.

And why should the PNMs have all the fun woring about pref dresses?! WHAT DRESS AM I GOING TO WEAR FOR PREF?! hahaa

(This is in no way to dumb down the excitment of PNMs, so please don't take it that way. I just want to hear how excited the rest of us recruiting girls are!)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-11-2003, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I am excited beyond words!!!!

This will be my first recruitment as a sister, and I can't wait to welcome all our new Alphas into our sisterhood!
Old 07-11-2003, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I am excited to be helping out as an alum - I will assisting the ladies of Gamma Gamma, and hope to make it back to Gamma Omega (my initiating chapter) for Preference!
Old 07-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

I've been writing recs and arranging to have alums of other groups to write recs for bunches of PNMs around here. Luckily, NPC has approached me about starting an Alumnae Panhellenic and that could take a bunch of the work off my shoulders in the future....I'd have a file of ABCs, for instance, to call about recs for each school instead of having to remember who's an ABC, who's an XYZ, etc.

BlazerCheer and her good buddy from the university cheerleading squad are rushing together along with a third girl from here, and they're finding strength in each other. All three are legacies to Chi Omega but they're being very open too...I pray that they'll find their true homes in about a month!
Old 07-11-2003, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Having never gone through a formal rush (I was a spring NM which in my school is a COB) I am totally looking foward to formal rush! At a commuter school it's done a little diffrently but it's still something that I am totally looking foward to!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 07-11-2003, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm counting down the days until recruitment!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm excited!! This will be my first recruitment on the "other side" as well as my first recruitment! I joined a colony, and I never rushed so all this is brand new to me!
Old 07-11-2003, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really excited too . . . it'll be my first formal rush on the other side and I can't wait! And yeah, I have no clue what I'm wearing for Pref -- time to go shopping!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
I'm both excited & a bit nervous about being on both sides if you will . This will be my first recruitment on the advising team & as well as AI for the same house).

I can't wait for the "new adviser" packet to arrive soon. Now if I could figure out what to wear during recruitment.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:18 PM

since this is most of ya'lls first time going through recruitment on the other side, just remember you all won't agree on things but be patient and don't get mad and irritated with one another. Remain positive with one another and remember you are sisters!
Old 07-12-2003, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RosmaPomia
Super excited here This is the first year that we have houses. It's going to be exciting but stressful. Good Luck in recruitment everyone.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Not 100% sure yet, but I might be helping out a chapter as an alum! If you can believe it, this will only be my third Recruitment helping out (I went abroad one year, was a Rho Chi the next). So, this should be exciting!
Old 07-12-2003, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so excited that I started a thread in April about how excited I am. we are painting our house, doing tons of planning...I can't wait for the hours of practice (no, really), meeting my new sisters, and be holed up with my ladies for hours. sigh...the time just won't pass quick enough...at least I know what I'm going to wear!!
Old 07-14-2003, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
I'm incredibly excited. It's my chapter's very first formal recruitment, and the first time I've been through formal recruitment on either side.

I also just bought my dress fo prefs the other day!