GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,949
4 members and 1,945 guests
bbobbyusady4719, naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 08-16-2019, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

fraternity sweetheart

Hi y'all, so I'm looking for ideas on basic gifts for the guys for this new semester. Of course baking will be first step but what are some gift or goodie bags anyones past sweethearts have done? I am running out of ideas. Open to all suggestions.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

You actually buy them stuff with your own money?
Old 08-16-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountevridge View Post
Hi y'all, so I'm looking for ideas on basic gifts for the guys for this new semester. Of course baking will be first step but what are some gift or goodie bags anyones past sweethearts have done? I am running out of ideas. Open to all suggestions.
Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

You are the chapter sweetheart. Baking cookies, rice krispy treats, or other goods every so often is cool. You do not need to be spending your own money buying these guys items.

This is coming from a fraternity guy: You were selected sweetheart because of your support of the chapter and (probably) you also show the qualities of their brotherhood. They should be buying items for you; not you for them. Your support (and the occasional baked goods) of the chapter is enough.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 08-16-2019, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you LaneSig. Girl, stop being a doormat. You are their queen-expect yo be treated like one.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Honest question to the OP - is this the tradition on your campus? Are the sweethearts expected to give gifts the fraternity members?

I ask because I remember reading a thread on here a long while ago where I learned that, in the south and midwest, women who are invited to a fraternity formal are socially obligated to gift their dates with elaborately painted coolers. Some of these coolers were ridiculously high-end looking and took several weeks to paint. Being from the west coast, I remember thinking how odd/awkward that tradition was [to expect someone to go to all that trouble for a date]. So, to be fair to this young lady, this may very well be a major social obligation on her campus.

True and Constant