GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,081
3 members and 1,078 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, indygphib

Old 08-25-2020, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Do any colleges or Panhellenics ever list how many new members actually made it to initiation or even how many accepted their bids? I think that retention should be a big part of studying RFM.
I agree that looking at the stats is important.

Back in the dark ages, we for sure tracked stuff like this on a chapter level.

We were a deferred spring recruitment and you did not get initiated until the following fall. Our chapter had the highest GPA. For the most part a PMN's GPA was an Apples to Apples comparison. Not looking at all sorts of different high schools etc. You kinda knew what you could expect in terms of college grade performance.

My first year on the active side of recruitment, there was a little grumbling in the ranks from older actives. While the alums lowered our GPA requirement slightly - They eliminated SRs or Scholarship Risks. Best I could tell - we use to be allowed to take like 5 or 7% of a pledge class below the GPA threshold. Like if the GPA threshold was 2.75 you could take a few girls that were the 2.5 to 2.75 range. We had 5 rounds of parties and it was generally known that if you had a reference/recommendation your would be asked back to the first round of invitationals. I did not realize that the "courtesy" served an important purpose. Our GPA requirements and one other sororities on campus were significantly higher than the other groups. If we cut everyone that did not have our grades first round - our parties would be too empty.

Apparently what ended up happening when we allowed SRs is that instead of focusing on "top rushees" the chapter members spent a lot of time advocating for which SR they wanted. (There were a lot of great girls that did not meet our grade standards). And guess what? The SR's we pledged made up most of our "holdovers" - the girls that could not be initiated with their pledge class because they did not make their grades their pledge semester.

Our Alums looked at it from a cold, dispassionate data perspective and said enough. Moving forward they set very odd GPA thresholds. It changed every rush and was based of the mean or median GPA of the girls going through recruitment that particular semester. GPAs like 2.568. So 2.569 was okay but 2.567 was a no go.
Old 08-29-2020, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
My chapter just had its first day of virtual recruitment. They did well but for some reason the Greek Life advisor changed the schedule on them last minute. There were only 99 PNMs signed up and only 81 showed up. The advisor changed the number of parties for 6 parties to 8 parties. The chapter had 7-9 members not even recruit because they had no one to recruit. When this was brought to her attention she seemed annoyed. She came from Oklahoma (I believe UofO but could be OU). She's trying to do things like them and doesn't work for this campus. The chapter didn't finish the last round til 11:15 pm. We also heard that not all chapters had to do all 8 rounds.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 08-29-2020, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flirt5721 View Post
My chapter just had its first day of virtual recruitment. They did well but for some reason the Greek Life advisor changed the schedule on them last minute. There were only 99 PNMs signed up and only 81 showed up. The advisor changed the number of parties for 6 parties to 8 parties. The chapter had 7-9 members not even recruit because they had no one to recruit. When this was brought to her attention she seemed annoyed. She came from Oklahoma (I believe UofO but could be OU). She's trying to do things like them and doesn't work for this campus. The chapter didn't finish the last round til 11:15 pm. We also heard that not all chapters had to do all 8 rounds.
Argh... The chapter I advise for also has a rogue Greek Life advisor. You should see if you can get in touch with the NPC rep for this school. I would bet that Alpha Xi Delta has someone who can help you get to the right person to talk to GL advisor. Good luck
Old 09-03-2020, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I guess I figured that they were all texting what they thought of each group to each other, but I can see how it would be less than if they were in person.

I wonder if the PNM drop rate will be higher because it will be harder to get to know your PNM class?

The Pi Chis told the PNMs not to share their party lists with anyone else and they seemed to be compliant! Again, to not be able to chat idly with others in a crowd must have limited unhelpful tent talks.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flirt5721 View Post
OU and U of O are the same. The other big university in Oklahoma is Ok State University aka OSU.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:43 PM

Kent will start this weekend. Interested in hearing how it goes.

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Virtual Recruitment

Indiana State started its virtual recruitment today after being delayed a month. Hope all is going well.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Just had a recruitment overview meeting with the Greek Advisor and other chapter advisors. She stated that many PNMs withdrew from recruitment because they did not feel a connection or that due to Covid financially it was not the right time. So hopefully next year the numbers will increase.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again