GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 972
1 members and 971 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 04-25-2010, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

How can I find out about social events of a organization that I am interested in?

I have been doing my research on a particular alumni chptr. So far I haven't seen any public social events in which I can participate and get to know to members of the organization. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or not enough of?
Old 04-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encouraged View Post
I have been doing my research on a particular alumni chptr. So far I haven't seen any public social events in which I can participate and get to know to members of the organization. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong or not enough of?
1. Meet members in real life.

2. Make friends with them.

3. Ask them about events.

Real life (non-internet) interactions are key here.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 04-25-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Or maybe they don't have events open to non-members.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

She introduced herself in the Delta thread. To the OP, Alum Initiation isn't exactly the same thing as NPHC initiation as a graduate. FWIW, I'd get off this board and discretely ask IRL about Delta from members you actually know. No one on this board is going to actually tell you anything about membership intake.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Go away.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

In the NPC, alumnae chapters usually have events/meetings that are open only to initiated members. They may participate in service events at which others are also working (ie. a walk for ....), but social events are usually closed. If you are pursuing NPC Alumnae Initiation, crashing an alumnae event is not the way to go.

NHPC is different. If you are pursuing a Grad Chapter, get to know members. That's all I can tell you.

PS Why do NPHC aspirants use usernames like "encouraged", "inspired", and other adjectives? If they know NOTHING about the ways or members of the group they are interested in, and no one in the group knows they exist, who or what is inspiring or encouraging them??

Last edited by ree-Xi; 04-25-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post

PS Why do NPHC aspirants use usernames like "encouraged", "inspired", and other adjectives? If they know NOTHING about the ways or members of the group they are interested in, and no one in the group knows they exist, who or what is inspiring or encouraging them??
Dorothy Height, for example.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Have we learned nothing from the stickied thread?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Have we learned nothing from the stickied thread?
Not a damned thing.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

ree-XI

For me my name came from personal things in my life! That's not to get mixed up for not knowing everything in regards to becoming a member of any organization! It's called asking questions is the only way you'll learn along with researching on your own.

As far as getting to know the people in the organization in the chapter closest to me that is my difficulty at this point, thus questioning what am I doing wrong or not enough of? I hope this answer your question of why names as mine are being used, but I also thank you for giving me a partial answer!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

As far as getting to know the people in the organization in the chapter closest to me that is my difficulty at this point, thus questioning what am I doing wrong or not enough of?
Did you read this post above?? I have taken the liberty to bold the part I think is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
To the OP, Alum Initiation isn't exactly the same thing as NPHC initiation as a graduate. FWIW, I'd get off this board and discretely ask IRL about Delta from members you actually know. No one on this board is going to actually tell you anything about membership intake.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It may be the area you are in. Not all organizations are as active as others. I know I looked into one sorority to see when they had any events and well...they didn't really have any. Another I looked at has a calendar full of events that are open to the public.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microbiology View Post
It may be the area you are in. Not all organizations are as active as others. I know I looked into one sorority to see when they had any events and well...they didn't really have any. Another I looked at has a calendar full of events that are open to the public.
This thread is 3 years old...

@~/~~~~