GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,250
0 members and 1,250 guests
No Members online

Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Truth. You're not at the kind of campus that national sororities are chomping at the bit to get onto by any means necessary, even if it means taking a chapter full of lazy asses. NPCs that absorb local groups nowadays want one of two things: 1) a super desirable campus with lots of membership opportunity (UMCP or Penn would be a basic example) where even if they send tons of volunteers and $$, they will recoup their investment quickly or 2) a group that has their act together and is already strong.

Refer to yourselves as Kappa (or Beta if that floats your boat) rather than going by the letters.

And the off campus groups are another whole issue, but trust me, the NPC groups are probably bashing their heads in over them too.
I've received a lot of helpful information. Thank you for being patient with me. I still have a lot to learn in this game.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
You know NOTHING about MY sorority on MY campus in MY state.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
*eats popcorn as he waits for Dr.Phil to lay the smackdown*
Only if Kaorin_Kanoe was less pathetic and more entertaining.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I still have a lot to learn in this game.
Correct and I blame unnecessarily patient GCers for why lazy people keep coming to GC for answers when they actually have non-GC sources for information if they were humble enough to pursue and receive the information.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
It's cool, I understand now. My girls and I are on our own and we'll just have to fend for ourselves. I guess that's all there is to it.
You're not on your own. You may not be a NPC member, but you do have a national headquarters. Talk to them. Stop spreading your dirty laundry on the intarwebz.

Now I am heading back over to the umbrella to borrow AOII_Angel's cell phone. Gotta make a call to my headquarters to find out why my free credit card, bracelet and diamond earrings were lost in the mail.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Your city doesn't prohibit sorority houses.

This is how I know you're dumb. This cannot be for real.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I have nothing to say. *smiling and waving at everything soaring over my head* I just want to get in on this beach umbrella. It's been a long day. Daiquiris, anyone?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
You're not on your own. You may not be a NPC member, but you do have a national headquarters. Talk to them. Stop spreading your dirty laundry on the intarwebz.

Now I am heading back over to the umbrella to borrow AOII_Angel's cell phone. Gotta make a call to my headquarters to find out why my free credit card, bracelet and diamond earrings were lost in the mail.
Call my HQ while you're at it...my freebies are 18 years late. LOL.

Seriously, though. NPC membership doesn't have those kinds of perks. Yes, some GLOs do have the option of getting a credit card with their logo on it, but you have to pay the bill. If your "rush crush" is dumb enough to pledge XYZ just because she can get an XYZ credit card, you should be counting your blessings that KBG doesn't have that option! Also, I agree with what AOEforme said, your chapter should really adjust how you target women for membership. Competing head to head against NPC chapters isn't in your best interest. Highlighting the advantages of not being NPC, aiming for a membership number that works for you (not necessarily chapter total for the campus) and looking for women who would be interested in a group that may be less expensive (since you don't have such high national fees as an NPC would) through informal recruitment would help.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Last edited by AOII Angel; 05-18-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

well shoot. I didn't make the cut at the Tiffany necklace/bracelet/diamond earrings/violet volcano/catsuit/credit card chapters. Oh well. BUT, where I'm from, beach umbrellas are mandatory, and we have blenders.

For smoothies. Of course. What else?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Correct and I blame unnecessarily patient GCers for why lazy people keep coming to GC for answers when they actually have non-GC sources for information if they were humble enough to pursue and receive the information.
but thats how the trainwrecks get started. i love me a good trainwreck. *munches popcorn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Call my HQ while you're at it...my freebies are 18 years late. LOL.
DITTO! well not quite that late, but better jump on this quick before HQ runs out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
well shoot. I didn't make the cut at the Tiffany necklace/bracelet/diamond earrings/violet volcano/catsuit/credit card chapters. Oh well. BUT, where I'm from, beach umbrellas are mandatory, and we have blenders.

For smoothies. Of course. What else?
smoothies? i could go for one. or for a marg. either works say, any room left under that beach umbrella?
Old 05-18-2011, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Should I cry that you don't want to be my sister. Trust me, the feeling is mutual. I'm tired of people asking me that if I wanted to be NPC then why did I colonize with KBG. I. AM. NOT. A. FOUNDING. SISTER. And you have some nerve saying that we're not looking hard enough. You don't know what goes on on my campus that prohibits from getting the results that we would like. My sister wear our letters everyday even though we're blatantly outnumbered. I don't think you know what it's like to have people say to your face that they're pledging Delta or Alpha before they're even eligible to apply to greek life. Excuse me if I've been sounding like a total monster on GC, but it's painful to hear people say that they won't join us strictly because we're not NPC. We're in the middle of a catch 22. They say we're too small but then people won't join us. As of right now I have 13 and as of next year there will be 5 of us left. The other sororities are just begging that we get kicked off campus because so that they can satisfy their quota. The shallow reasons that people DO give for joining an NPC is hysterical. If I join I get a free Tiffany's necklace. If I join I get to wear their letters. If I join I get a free credit card (I kid you not) But nope...nobody wants any sisterhood...just a new pair of diamond earrings. So come on. Let me have it. Shame on me for reaching out for a little help from the Greek community.
It's entirely possible that you are pleasant in person, but on GC, you're coming off as a nasty, bitter bitch. All I'm saying is that, if you're presenting yourself as hostile toward NPC groups and defeatist about the future of your own org, it's no wonder that women aren't interested in getting to know your group.

As others have said, the issue is NOT what other sororities are or aren't doing. You're going to have to accept that there are women who simply do not want to join your sorority. These are not the women you should spend your time courting.

The larger issue, as has been stated, is the lack of unity and motivation within your chapter. That issue has to be resolved first, before y'all can form a united front in the matter of recruiting quality women who want to join your sorority.

As I said, I know exactly what you're going through. You need to take a step back (no one is telling you to "off" yourself) and understand how horrible your initial post on this topic really was.

You're on here talking to men and women who have devoted their lives to their organizations, through thick and thin, and you're asking us to help you jump ship because the going has gotten rough.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM

*gives the folks down in Woodstock a call to see where my diamond bracelet is*

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Maaaaaaan, get your dumbass video outta here!

1) My sorority had been local years before they picked KBG. And don't bring my other sisters into this because like I said from the beginning, I REALLY DIDN'T KNOW! I mean, Phi Mu came to our school last year with the intention of colonizing. But we're still here as KBG so we're not using anyone.

2) You're making up things that aren't even there. What organization is going to colonize with my sisters just because one person wants it? You probably come from some sorority with like 150 girls in your cutesy sorority house and Barbie dream cars. Bitch, outta my face. I work hard for my girls and I want them to have what rightly belongs to them. People who are already sitting under the big beach umbrella that is NPC wouldn't understand. Isn't your job as a moderator to make sure that I get my questions answered? All I wanted was a simple question answered. So thanks for nothing, Rude Ass Bitch.

And as I recall, the ladies of the local didn't exactly exemplify the high ideals that are expected of Phi Mus. If one of the 26 NPCs came to your campus (Phi Mu) only to be disappointed by the way in which many of those women acted, why would any other NPC want a liability like that? Ask yourself that!

Last edited by als463; 05-18-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
And as I recall, you ladies didn't exactly exemplify the high ideals that are expected of Phi Mus. If one of the 26 NPCs came to your campus (Phi Mu) only to be disappointed by the way in which many of your "sisters" act, why would any other NPC want a liability like you girls? Ask yourself that!
That was a different sorority hon. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=72635640049

Just one more reason why KBG should probably get on "Beta" as a local nickname at K_K's school.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
That was a different sorority hon. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=72635640049

Just one more reason why KBG should probably get on "Beta" as a local nickname at K_K's school.
Hahahaha, just when I was going to come on and say "disregard"...thanks, though! Yeah, apparently those ladies didn't live up to the ideals of Phi Mu.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
And as I recall, the ladies of the local didn't exactly exemplify the high ideals that are expected of Phi Mus. If one of the 26 NPCs came to your campus (Phi Mu) only to be disappointed by the way in which many of those women acted, why would any other NPC want a liability like that? Ask yourself that!
Wait, what happened with Phi Mu and the local? I am intrigued/curious.