GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,143
2 members and 2,141 guests
3DGator

Old 06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies (2012)

The acting was good. We watched as much of it as we could stand. I appreciated the historical references (i.e., Abraham Lincoln saying "Emancipate THIS...." right before slashing a zombie) and the depiction of "Teddy" Roosevelt as a child devoted to helping Lincoln kill extremely slow moving and nonscary zombies. It was obviously meant to mock and be funny but I will probably only catch most of the funny if I watch it again. Again, we watched as much of it as we could stand. He is no longer allowed to get movies from Redbox. LOL.

LOL. If you do not believe me:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2246549/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tFaQYSFLuE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham...ln_vs._Zombies

This is a "mockbuster" of the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter novel (2010) and movie (June 2012).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln,_Vampire_Hunter

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1611224/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34x6m-ahGIo
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't wait until tomorrow. It starts tomorrow, and I've been waiting for 6 months to see it. I'm so excited!

http://youtu.be/r-EZC5zn2Fk
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I can't wait until tomorrow. It starts tomorrow, and I've been waiting for 6 months to see it. I'm so excited!

http://youtu.be/r-EZC5zn2Fk
I haven't seen it, yet, but it looks like one of the movies that's going to be disappointing. I never liked any of the "Aliens" movies. This supposedly is how it all got started, based on what I've read about it.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
I haven't seen it, yet, but it looks like one of the movies that's going to be disappointing. I never liked any of the "Aliens" movies. This supposedly is how it all got started, based on what I've read about it.
Total bore, fell asleep 3 times watching it. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a purple.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
Total bore, fell asleep 3 times watching it. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a purple.
Ditto. I was nodding every 10 minutes.

Romans 1:16

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 06-10-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I loved Prometheus. I have to see it again. Oh, and I want to see it in 3D. Now, I know why I didn't understand "Aliens" when I first saw it -the reason why I didn't watch the others. I mean, it's just that I didn't know where they came from. Now that I have somewhat of an understanding of the beginning of it, I'm going to watch all of the "Aliens" movies. I'm hoping they're all on Netflix. It was by far one of the best movies I've ever seen. I loved how life was found on one of the moons of that particular planet, rather than on the planet itself. I've always thought that two of the places scientists need to look for life, are either on planets that orbit around a dwarf star, because those that do, don't really need to be in the habital zone. They can be as close as Mercury is to our own Sun, and still be perfect for life to strive. And then of course the moons that orbit their planet. Anyway, I loved the movie SO much. I gave it a total of 100 stars out of 5.

Kind of reminded me of Titan, one of Saturn's moons.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 06-10-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post

Old 06-10-2012, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

BF and I went and saw Madagascar 3 on Friday night...super cute and I give it a 4 out of 5. I'll admit, I solely went to see this because of the circus afro commercials, and I thought it was funny and cute. Has some funny one-liners and a decent plot. Was a little short though.

Only downside: the circus afro song is now stuck in my head, and has been for days.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I loved Prometheus. I have to see it again.
Ditto. Three Snaps and a Swirl!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
lol
Hilarious!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
I thought it was going to be one of those movies that looks tight as hell based on the previews, but then be disappointing. It turned out to be good as hell. I liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post

CTFU! This is some funny ass shit.

Quote:
I loved Prometheus. I have to see it again. Oh, and I want to see it in 3D. Now, I know why I didn't understand "Aliens" when I first saw it -the reason why I didn't watch the others. I mean, it's just that I didn't know where they came from. Now that I have somewhat of an understanding of the beginning of it, I'm going to watch all of the "Aliens" movies. I'm hoping they're all on Netflix. It was by far one of the best movies I've ever seen. I loved how life was found on one of the moons of that particular planet, rather than on the planet itself. I've always thought that two of the places scientists need to look for life, are either on planets that orbit around a dwarf star, because those that do, don't really need to be in the habital zone. They can be as close as Mercury is to our own Sun, and still be perfect for life to strive. And then of course the moons that orbit their planet. Anyway, I loved the movie SO much. I gave it a total of 100 stars out of 5.

Kind of reminded me of Titan, one of Saturn's moons.

LOL @ you posting pics of planets n shit. I feel you though. I thought it was the shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
I feel you. Y'all gotta check it out in 3D. I usually don't fuck with 3D movies, but this one was tight as hell, though.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Banned

The Avengers.

I loved it.

It started off slow and I kept thinking "X-Men movies are better...X-Men are better...."

The X-Men are still better than The Avengers but this movie was darn good. It definitely was about The Hulk. He kicked some serious ass. LOL when he punched Thor just for shitsandgiggles.

Awww at the Captain America cards.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Banned

This is the next big movie on my list that I want to check out.
http://youtu.be/LA4Wb1X9gdc
Old 06-12-2012, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
This is the next big movie on my list that I want to check out.
http://youtu.be/LA4Wb1X9gdc
I'm really excited for Django Unchained, too.

MelindaWarren aka Bellatrix Lestrange
Wanna follow me on Pinterest? PM me!
"It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities."-Albus Dumbledore