GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 982
1 members and 981 guests
Titchou

Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Banned

Here we talk about things we did as a kid that we got in trouble for

I thought this thread would be funny as hell. What are some of the crazy things you did as a kid that you remember to this very day. Things your parents never found out about and things you got busted for.

For folks on here who are parents. What are some things that your kids have done where they got busted. Crazy obnoxious things where you said WTF were you thinking?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Jumping down a flight of stairs. I never got caught. But I did stop after I almost lost my life. LOL
Old 04-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Banned

Me and my cousin got in his mom's car and put it in neutral, then let it roll down the street while we were inside. It was an old car and the transmission was fucked up, so we could change gears without the keys. That car ended up in the middle of a narrow street blocking traffic. It wasn't a busy street because it was a street that was crossing our block, so it just back up a few cars. I was about 9 and my cousin was 11, so when we tried to push it back up the street where it was parked we couldn't. We weren't strong enough. Folks got out of their cars and pushed it back up the street. His mom and my mom never found out about it. My mom is crazy, so she would have beat my ass and his too if we got caught LOL. Me and my cousin still talk about that and laugh about it like it was yesterday. It's funny now, but we were scared as hell back then.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Setting off fireworks in a wooded area of our neighborhood, "capturing" all of the baby purple martins in our birdhouses for pets. We then got distracted and one of the dogs had a snack.

Got out of mowing the lawn by knocking over a brick pillar in the front yard and running over my brother's bike with the tractor. The list goes on. I only pray that when I have children Karma doesn't kick in.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was about 8 me and some friends were playing near the railroad tracks and thought it was a fun game to run across them.
I was in so much trouble when my mom found out.

I also got in trouble for firing the cleaning lady when I was about 12.
In the end my mom admitted I was right on that one, but should have just told her what happened and let her handle it.

Last edited by Tulip86; 04-18-2012 at 06:03 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 PM

You name it, I got in trouble for it. I've gotten in trouble for everything from getting a B on a test or on my report card to sneezing too loudly. The slightest thing would set my father off, especially when he was drunk (which was often). And he firmly believed in "spare the rod and spoil the child".

Yeah... I don't talk to my parents any more.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My aunt and uncle lived in the country, there were railroad tracks in their backyard. In their small town there was a little mom and pop store with penny candy. We were allowed to walk to the store if we walked on the road. But, of course, we always wanted to walk along the tracks because it was closer. We did it all the time, only got caught about half the time, but when we got caught we got in big trouble.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Does lying to your parents to try to visit your college boyfriend for the weekend count? Because I totally got busted for that. I think I may still be grounded as a matter of fact.

He in no shape, fashion, or form was worth it, either.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Sneaking out to the boys cabins at camp and getting caught.
We had to sleep in the cafeteria that night.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

As I can remember, I think I was about 8 or 9 years old. A friend of my dad's from out of town sent him a rare speech on tape of Stokely Carmichael. My dad had that tape for the longest, but he never listened to it, so I didn't think it was that important to him. One evening he had friends over after church, and decided that he wanted them to hear the speech. Little did he know that I recorded over about 5 minutes of the speech. When he put the tape in the tape player, I knew my ass was grass and his belt was going to be the lawn mower. I knew it was the tape, because I saw it when he set it on the bar. Plus, I recognized the color of it, and the blue pen mark that was on it. I didn't know much about Stokely Carmichael at that age, so to me, it was just another speech on one of my dad's tapes. Long story short, when he put the tape in and played it for his friends, this is what played:
http://youtu.be/UYL-iVAeuDg

He was pissed. He paid me back with a belt to my butt that night.
Romans 1:16

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 04-18-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

I've been in trouble for just about everything. When I was a kid, I was in trouble and getting hollered at at least once a day it seemed. For instance, I was once grounded for a week for walking in the house and running straight to the bathroom (I had to pee) without saying "Hello." I think the longest I was ever grounded was for 7 months.

The funniest one I can remember was being in first grade. I got a conduct referral (sort of a disciplinary notice) for jumping off the swings in midair, which was against school rules. I had to take it home and have a parent sign it. Well, I hatched a brilliant plan to have another student take it home to her mom and tell her we were practicing penmanship but she needed an example to copy. She was supposed to ask her mom to sign my mom's name in cursive at the bottom of this paper so she could see how to make those cursive letters. Mind you, I thought this plan was totally foolproof.

Well, long story short, that did NOT work and the girl's mom told my teacher. I got detention and a whooping on top of that. To this day, I think I'm the youngest person in the history of that school to get detention. I remember sitting in there with all these teenagers who were trying to figure out what on earth a 6yo did to get detention. While they did their Algebra and whatever homework, I sat there coloring with crayons, feet dangling off the desk chair because I was too little to reach the floor. Come to think of it, I think I got detention again later that year for getting 3 conduct referrals in one day (I think one of them was for calling someone a name).

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 04-18-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

At my Kindergarten, we had a bathroom that was a single room for boys and girls. When the teacher wasn't looking, I took a boy into the bathroom and convinced him it would be a really good idea to dress him up as a mummy using toilet paper. I wrapped him head to toe, using all the toilet paper in the bathroom. When he walked out, everyone started laughing but I got in biiiig trouble.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriana View Post
At my Kindergarten, we had a bathroom that was a single room for boys and girls. When the teacher wasn't looking, I took a boy into the bathroom and convinced him it would be a really good idea to dress him up as a mummy using toilet paper. I wrapped him head to toe, using all the toilet paper in the bathroom. When he walked out, everyone started laughing but I got in biiiig trouble.
That is priceless. I don't know how the teacher kept a straight face while disciplining you.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I could ALWAYS talk my way out of being grounded. Hell, for a very short period in my life I fell in with the wrong crowd and got expelled from Jr High and was grounded for a week.

That was pretty much my one major transgression, though...other than that, I was a goody-two shoes.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I shot my brother in the belly with a rabbit pellet out of a BB gun at point blank range when I was 16. I was babysitting and he kept shooting them under his twin sister's door because he wouldn't let him play with her and a friend. I warned him twice, but by the third time, I'd had enough of my sister's annoying shrieks, so I ripped the gun out of his hands and shot him. He started screaming, "I'm telling!" It made a blood blister on his abdomen. I thought for sure I was in big trouble. He left my sister alone, and I confiscated the gun for the afternoon. That evening when my mom got home, my brother was waiting at the door to tell his tale of whoa. My mom looked at him and said, "You shouldn't have been annoying your sister." I totally got away with it.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!