GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,217
1 members and 2,216 guests
navane

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2014, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Spring Rushing Problem

I am an 18 year old guy who is going to college this spring and very interested in rushing a fraternity. I have a big question though:

I have not been at school this fall and have instead been working full-time at home to save for school. The ugly, yet truthful reason I was not at college this fall was because just before I was supposed to move up, I got myself in some legal trouble because of a bad decision. This forced me to delay my entrance into college until this spring so that I had time to clear up my legal trouble. Thankfully, I got the charge dropped and it is now all behind me and I am excited to enter school. However I have been nervous about what to tell a fraternity when I'm asked why I waited to start my freshman year until the spring term. I know I shouldn't lie, but I think it would be very detrimental to my chances of getting a bid to tell them that "I got arrested for weed but it's all good now". That just makes me look bad. Should I instead say "I wanted to take some time off and a break from school" or something similar? What is your advice on this predicament?