GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,605
1 members and 1,604 guests
navane

Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Ray Allen talks Kobe....

Ran across this article on Kobe ....heard about this on ESPN

pretty illuminating...LOL

Ray Allen is prescient about Kobe

Posted by Frank Hughes @ 03:34:35 pm

I dont mean to be dumping on Kobe any more than he needs to be dumped on given his trade demand today, but I can only guess that Ray Allen was smiling somewhere when he heard about Bryant's statements. Remember the feud between Allen and Bryant that was ignited at the beginning of the 2004 season. Well, here is what Ray Allen said that night in Portland a night after the Sonics lost to the Lakers in Anaheim.

"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"I think the point production is not going to be so much what people are going to look at because (Tracy) McGrady did it in Orlando, Allen (Iverson) did it in Philly. Can you win a championship? I think that's the question. Carrying guys on your back and making everybody better."

Allen was right about that, as it turns out, but get a load of Allen's crystal ball on this one.

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship, in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

Man alive, that is some good stuff. He was almost exactly right. It took three seasons instead of two, but Kobe finally did exactly what Ray said he was going to do. Unbelievable.

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/soni...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-20-2007, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate Kobe Bryant with a strong passion.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:29 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
they are paying you umpteen million dollars to look cute, shoot some hoops, and endorse a few things. STFU! I SWEAR!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:36 PM

Kobe is a punk but he has 3 more championships than Ray Allen will ever have.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I would gladly take the repuation that Ray Allen has over anything that Kobe Bryant has accomplished. The only reason he has three rings is because he played with the most dominant center in the history of the NBA.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
I would gladly take the repuation that Ray Allen has over anything that Kobe Bryant has accomplished. The only reason he has three rings is because he played with the most dominant center in the history of the NBA.
I have never been a fan of Kobe....I wans't a fan of him coming in straight out of high school...I never have been a fan of his attitude and the sad part is...if you eliminate all the drama off court..he is a helluva player and even if the Lakers trade him...they won't get the value of what he brings on the court...and it's not too many places that he could probably go.

Either a team will have to pay thru the nose to get him...or they have to be in contention...and if you let Kobe tell it...he wants to go to a contender..meaning whereever he goes...he will clash with whomever the 'dominant' superstar is on that team...and God forbid if he stays with the Lakers and they attempt to get another high caliber player out there....

Right now...Kobe is the "T.O." of basketball
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So do I. He's on my top ten list of people I'd like to give a good swift kick.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:32 PM

Ray Al-len?
Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Quote:
LOL. I don't like him either.

It's a jungle out there.