GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Iota

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,018
1 members and 1,017 guests
bjenzdarka5720

Old 09-15-2003, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
What do you do (musically)?

It's been really quiet around here...so thought I'd start a thread.

What do you all do musically? Play, sing, both, or what? I'm a music major who has been playing saxophone for nearly 12 years. I'm 2nd alto in the Wind Ensemble, lead sax for one of the Jazz Bands, I'm alto in the ASU sax quartet, and a section leader in marching band. I also sing, but am not in any choirs right now.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hapetta
Musically involved

I am from ASU in San Angelo and I have been playing French Horn for about 10 years now. I am a music major and am currently marching in the Ram Band. We have our first game Sept. 27th. GO RAMS.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

hi, hapetta, and welcome to GreekChat! So good to see another sister around here!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedFox
I sing! Hehe, ranging from a soprano 2 to a lyric soprano I can play a little piano, but thats mostly just to sight read and learn music hehe
Old 09-25-2003, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I play the viola! Plus, my mom made me take piano when I was little, so I can play some piano as well. That really came in handy in my sight-singing/ear-training/keyboard skills theory class last year.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

*bump*

Wanted to add that since I started this semester in the fall...I got to be in Concert Choir and Community Choir in the spring, and I sang in Carnegie Hall with the combined choirs during spring break!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
Pianist, singer, guitarist.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been playing ALTO SAX for about 8 years and played 2nd alto in the Wind Ensemble, and I'm going to try for first chair in the fall (my soph year).

I've also played VIOLIN for about 8 years too, and I played 2nd part in orchestra.

Second semester of my fresh. year I joined choir and sang FIRST ALTO in the middle mixed choir, but I auditioned this past spring and got into the top mixed choir and also women's choir. Yeah altos!!!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RileyAnn_SAI
I've been playing ALTO SAX for about 8 years and played 2nd alto in the Wind Ensemble, and I'm going to try for first chair in the fall (my soph year).

I've also played VIOLIN for about 8 years too, and I played 2nd part in orchestra.

Second semester of my fresh. year I joined choir and sang FIRST ALTO in the middle mixed choir, but I auditioned this past spring and got into the top mixed choir and also women's choir. Yeah altos!!!
Hey sis, welcome to GreekChat! Glad to see another SAI on the boards.

I a "double alto" as well (sax and voice).
Old 06-30-2004, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a double major in Chemistry Premed and Performance. I've played the violin for gosh almost 16 years now. Musically that's all I do.... I have no vocal talent whatsoever and even though I used to play the oboe, I don't have time for anything else right now. As you may guess, I play in the university orchestra. I'm planning on auditioning for the Illinois Symphony in August though, so that'd be pretty cool if I got in.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi! I just graduated from Morehead State University in Music Performance where I was principle flute in the Symphony Band. I also studied voice as a secondary. I was first soprano in our Concert Choir and Chamber Singers.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
***Bump***

mainly because nothing is ever happening in this thread.

I am in women's choir and I'm an arts administration major. I am try to decide whether to have my arts admin concentration be vocal performance or art history!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I also was an arts administration major. I was a percussionist primarily, but also played clarinet and trumpet and sang in Women's Choir.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: I live in Manhattan during the school year and Overland Park during the summer.
Send a message via AIM to adele87 Send a message via MSN to adele87 Send a message via Yahoo to adele87
I'm a voice major, soprano. I also try to play piano. I have this thing for Chopin.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
My very first instrument was the violin because my mom wouldn't stop hounding me about taking up lessons. I finally complied just to shut her up. That last a year.

Then, I started playing the piano and go quite good. That was another one of those mom-won't-shut-up-about-it things and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't my passion. I quit piano in the fifth grade.

I started singing in chorus in middle school and had my first solo. I got many compliments and it was then that I realized I could sing. By my freshman year, I had hounded my dad into paying for voice lessons which I had every week until I graduated high school. I also picked piano back up my junior year.

In the spring of 2004, I auditioned as a vocal minor and was accepted into the UNCG School of Music. I studied there for a year before realizing that I wasn't passionate enough about the study of music to be successful in the program.

I'm more of a stage person. I love performing. I miss it horribly.