GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,507
1 members and 2,506 guests
LaneSig

Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
Save the cheerleader.
Save the world.
My husband yelled "Well of course!!!" when that was said in the previews. Pretty funny, only in a comic book esque show!

I am really enjoying the show so far.

So what's up with the tattoos? Are they really secret test subjects and not really genetic anomolies (sp?)?
Old 10-17-2006, 02:36 PM

I missed the tatoos somehow???

Yeah for Future Hiro!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post

Yeah for Future Hiro!!!!
Hiro is my favorite character on Heroes. I was on the floor when they knocked him out.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:26 PM

I missed the pilot. Did they explain how the heroes got their powers.

The cheerleader looked familiar. I finally placed her. She was the coach's daughter in Remember the Titans.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
I missed the pilot. Did they explain how the heroes got their powers.

The cheerleader looked familiar. I finally placed her. She was the coach's daughter in Remember the Titans.

No. There's speculation by the Saresh guy that there were some sort of either genetic mutations or the next step in evolution. Other than that, we really don't know.

My husband said the same thing about the cheerleader. I had to laugh when I realized he was right.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 PM
Unregistered-

I HATE MY DVR. It's the second week it taped the last part of Deal or No Deal and it cut off at a critical part of Heroes.

Luckily I was able to watch the end on nbc.com -- but what's happening next week?

Last edited by Unregistered-; 10-17-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm back on now. I missed GC.

Anyway, next weeks preview showed Peter Petrelli with the funky gray eyes like he's in a trance. My hubby thinks that he's like Rogue from X-Men in that he can borrow or steals the powers of those around him that also have powers. He's in Isaac's loft or something.
There were a lot of shots of Claire in the hospital looking at the jerk she crashed the car with and with her dad telling her that she's got to start trusting him.
We also see the older Petrelli brother (the politician) being held at gunpoint by Claire's dad & the creepy guy that works for him. He then shoots up like a rocket & is gone.
Finally, Hiro tells Peter that this is what he's been waiting for all his life.

I think that's it but someone make sure I didn't forget any details.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:33 AM
Unregistered-

At first it kinda bugged me that Claire was ALWAYS in a cheerleader's uniform. I mean, how many can she have after being impaled/maimed/ablaze, etc. etc.? But then I realized that all superheroes have to have a costume, right?

And regarding Claire's dad...for some reason I don't think he's the real bad guy. I don't know why I think that way, but I have a feeling that Sylar's the "real" bad guy and Claire's dad's purpose is for a whole 'nother reason and he's picking them up for reasons we don't know yet.

Finally, I can't stand Simone. I just can't. Something tells me that she's going to be the cause of some major fcuk up that affects the Heroes.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
At first it kinda bugged me that Claire was ALWAYS in a cheerleader's uniform. I mean, how many can she have after being impaled/maimed/ablaze, etc. etc.? But then I realized that all superheroes have to have a costume, right?

And regarding Claire's dad...for some reason I don't think he's the real bad guy. I don't know why I think that way, but I have a feeling that Sylar's the "real" bad guy and Claire's dad's purpose is for a whole 'nother reason and he's picking them up for reasons we don't know yet.

Finally, I can't stand Simone. I just can't. Something tells me that she's going to be the cause of some major fcuk up that affects the Heroes.

Oh yeah. There was also a sideline that said "Save the cheerleader. Save the World."
It kept cropping up images of Claire.
I agree about Claire's dad. He's not THE bad guy but he's not 100% good either. He's up to something else altogether...unless he proves us all wrong & turns out to be the Professor Xavier of the show.
And yes. Simone needs to up and get lost. She's annoying.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Unregistered-

I just wanted to share an interesting theory from another MB I frequent:

Quote:
Here's my might-be-fun-to-think-about theory on Sylar and what's going on.....

Sylar is Chandra Suresh. In sort of the same way Niki's got evil-Niki, Chandra Suresh had Sylar, but he experimented one too many times with his alter-ego and now it's taken him over. Chandra's desire to seek out mutants and study their brains has manifested itself in Sylar as a psychotic desire to remove (and possible eat?) the brains of other mutants.

Sylar went to the house in LA because Chandra's notes told him a mutant lived there. He assumed it was the father, but it turns out the little girl is actually the mutant. That's why Sylar came back for her.

Mr. Bennet and his non-acronymed organization are chasing down all the mutants in Chandra's notes to protect them from Sylar.
Very eeeeeenteresting...
Old 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a good theory. I wonder what the little girls power is though.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

WOOHOO! WAFFLES!

Hiro is by far the best character EVER! He keeps me laughing throughout this show. I also liked the older Petrelli bro shirtless. Yummmm...but he was pretty funny asking Hiro if he wins the election.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:03 AM

More shirtless guys please!

So I was contemplating Claire and her amazing regeneration skills. If she had been raped by the QB there'd be no evidence b/c any bruises would heal and any tears would heal. So she'd be a perpetual virgin??? Is she supposed to "be" Mary???
Old 10-24-2006, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

all I know is when adrian was shirtless tonight it reminded me strongly of that wonderful shortlived TV show: PROFIT, god he was soooo yummy on that show

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 10-24-2006, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gwyn View Post
all I know is when adrian was shirtless tonight it reminded me strongly of that wonderful shortlived TV show: PROFIT, god he was soooo yummy on that show

Wasn't he though? Images of him naked in a cardboard box w/a bunch of chicken wings...God he's HOT!