GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,187
0 members and 1,187 guests
No Members online

Old 09-30-2013, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile New spring Philanthropy event?

HI Everyone!

I'm a member of Delta Zeta at a small school. We have Turtle Tug in the fall, and we used to do dodgeball in the spring. However, it has been hard to keep the fraternities from getting violent, so we're looking to change it. Does anyone have any philanthropy event ideas/ names? We support Our local hearing center, The Painted Turtle Camp, Starkey hearing foundation, and Galludet University. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

We've had some luck bringing in a dunk tank and getting volunteers from different groups (sports teams, Greeks, staff) to be in the tank.

You charge per toss to get some donations but also work with local businesses (restaurants specifically) to donate food that is also sold.

We usually hit up a few pizza places and local bakeries - they donate some food and cash and get their names on the banners/flyers/t-shirts.

Bonus points if you can bring in a local radio station to play music and make it a small block party.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are doing t-shirts/posters for the event, with the companies donating listed on shirts/posters, have "Platinum", "Gold", "Silver" tiers set up where higher donors get more: Larger Font/Higher Logo Placement on the t-shirt, mention in any pre-event media, free tickets to the event (or VIP lanyards, if you don't sell tickets). Treat your sponsors like NASCAR sponsors -- always thank them publicly.

(Actually had a much longer list of suggestions, but GC timed out and I hadn't copied it. If I have time later, I'll try to remember everything & post again. Some ideas from 10 years of working on an American Cancer Society event that raised $200K annually.)

Last edited by ChioLu; 10-06-2013 at 02:02 PM.