GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,638
0 members and 1,638 guests
No Members online

Old 03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I wore my badge with my shiny new Crescent of Epsilon Pi guard that I was awarded at Convention this summer. Nobody said a word...lol. I did realize, as I was putting it on, that I have had it for 29 years now. When I got my Crescent, I put it on my original badge, not the vintage badge that I have. My Arc of Epsilon Pi with Diamonds is on the vintage one. I don't know which honors track I will continue with so I want to have both available at any time. For non-Alpha Gams, they are awards for service to the Fraternity. The Arc series is for continuous, faithful and outstanding service to a local chapter, club, or levels of our volunteer services team. The Crescent is for the same type of service, but at the International level (directors, regional coordinators or International Council). My Arc with Diamonds represents 17 years of service. My Crescent represents 5 years. My next honor will depend on what direction I want to go with my service and I haven't quite decided that yet
Old 03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I wore my new badge with the alternating emeralds and pearls! And a student asked me what it was so I got to talk about it, even better.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Even though we don't "observe" the occasion, I whipped my badge out too! My workplace is pretty casual, so I wore my alumnus pin on my coat lapel today.

Last edited by pshsx1; 03-04-2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshsx1 View Post
Even though we don't "observe" the occasion, I whipped my badge out too! My workplace is pretty casual, so I wore my alumnus pin on my coat lapel today.
Yay! I love it. I got my boyfriend to wear his pin to work today. His office is only three other people, but hey why not?

Still haven't ordered my replacement badge so I wore my lavalier instead.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I wore my badge with my shiny new Crescent of Epsilon Pi guard that I was awarded at Convention this summer. Nobody said a word...lol. I did realize, as I was putting it on, that I have had it for 29 years now. When I got my Crescent, I put it on my original badge, not the vintage badge that I have. My Arc of Epsilon Pi with Diamonds is on the vintage one. I don't know which honors track I will continue with so I want to have both available at any time. For non-Alpha Gams, they are awards for service to the Fraternity. The Arc series is for continuous, faithful and outstanding service to a local chapter, club, or levels of our volunteer services team. The Crescent is for the same type of service, but at the International level (directors, regional coordinators or International Council). My Arc with Diamonds represents 17 years of service. My Crescent represents 5 years. My next honor will depend on what direction I want to go with my service and I haven't quite decided that yet
I'd love to see pictures. I love learning about the way in which each org honors members. Your Arc, Zeta's ring, etc.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Went to a Panhellenic dinner tonight and had a great time!

Sat between an AGD I already knew and an KD (who works with their chapter at my alma mater) and across from 2 SKs, AXO (maybe) and Zeta. Several GPhiBs (I guess, lol), Phi Mus, ChiO, AST, AXiD (?) and not sure what else.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I work at our family's shop, which is full of black sawdust, so no badge apparel for me! I did wear a pretty silver and rhinestone anchor on a silver necklace that my hubby got me for Christmas year before last.
Kinda miss those days when I dressed up for work.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I wore my ruby A, pearl O, ruby point Pi badge today. I stood out nicely on my black shirt. Not a single comment, though.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Couldn't wear mine today since my job requires me to wear scrubs but I posted a picture of my badge on my facebook page and a couple coworkers asked about it.

Θ Φ Α

Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeltapgh View Post
I'd love to see pictures. I love learning about the way in which each org honors members. Your Arc, Zeta's ring, etc.
AGDee and I were awarded Crescents at the same time - here's a picture of my badge with the Crescent:

And here is a badge with the Arc with Diamond [representing a minimum of 11 years continued faithful service to Alpha Gam]:

Old 03-05-2013, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I pulled out my quill, removed the guard (my old eyes just are not making that happen) and proceeded to NOT put it on. I will wear it tomorrow!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

TPA85, I normally wear scrubs everyday as well, but since I am a supervisor, I have the option to wear regular clothes. So, today, I chose to wear dress pants and a sweater so that I could sport my badge. The scrubs we wear in Pathology & Laboratory Medicine service are purple. Since my Baylor Lady Bears were scheduled to play Kansas State (whose color is purple) tonight in their final conference game of the season, I had already planned to wear something other than my scrubs, so it worked out well for me =)

Alpha Delta Pi Mom, Zeta Chi Chapter 2013
Old 03-05-2013, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeltapgh View Post
I thought I'd started a thread on that very topic, but I just searched and couldn't find it.

It took me I don't know how long to figure out the progression from the Arc to the Crescent to the Circle for our awards.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

P.S. I wore my badge yesterday, but it was covered by my jacket. I even wore my badge to P.E.O. last night, rather than my P.E.O. emblem.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM

I didn't wear my badge. Sadly, I discovered my fingers didn't work well enough to work the clasp. Stupid RA, but I wore it in spirit!