GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,216
3 members and 1,213 guests
3DGator, FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 12-16-2008, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Get outta here, you ain't in NALFO!

Hit the skids!

*runs*
LOL I was waiting for someone to say it.

Our various modes of communication in the frat are still blowing up, but I'm bored with reading everything. GC seems like a better alternative. Boy, I can't wait for our next business meeting.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

We're gonna start a GC United Greek Council for people who are tired of the tomfoolery on their orgs email groups.

I have to admit, I ignited the latest fire on ours LOL
Old 12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We're gonna start a GC United Greek Council for people who are tired of the tomfoolery on their orgs email groups.

I have to admit, I ignited the latest fire on ours LOL
Yea, I kind of contributed to the current "discussion" that's going on (OMG, we're MC!! Why would we be NALFO!? Nuh-uh, we're latino!! IknowyouarebutwhatamI)

But I move for the creation of the GCUGC. All in favor?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
lol @ botha y'all

ETA: Aye

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Get outta here, you ain't in NALFO!

Hit the skids!

*runs*
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Question, is advertising a site on here considered a nuisance...peep my sig...
Old 12-17-2008, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Yea, I kind of contributed to the current "discussion" that's going on (OMG, we're MC!! Why would we be NALFO!? Nuh-uh, we're latino!! IknowyouarebutwhatamI)

But I move for the creation of the GCUGC. All in favor?
Oh speaking of ya Knight_Shadow...

Congrats on graduating!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyWicked View Post
Oh speaking of ya Knight_Shadow...

Congrats on graduating!
Thanks

Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Apparently I'm still getting the releases lol

=====================

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: May 4, 2009

Email: DOEA@justbecus.org

Omicron Chapter of Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority Inc. Wins NALFO Chapter of the Year

Academic achievement, leadership excellence, community service, integrity and commitment to the Latino Greek Community are only a few of the qualities that contributed to Omicron Chapter of Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority Inc. winning this years Undergraduate Chapter of the Year award at the annual NALFO convention.

Philadelphia, PA (5/2/09) -- The Drexel University Omicron chapter of Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority, Inc. (CUS) was awarded the 2009 Undergraduate Chapter of the Year award at the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organization (NALFO) conference in San Diego, CA. Among the 21 Latino Greek organizations in NALFO, Omicron Chapter rose above through its exemplary programming, academics and dedication to their mission.

Omicron Chapter is Dean’s Cup winners in Fraternity and Sorority life among the Drexel Multicultural Greek council in 2006, 2007 and will be judged for an award in 2008 May 10th 2009. The Dean’s cup award is the highest award a chapter at Drexel University based on merit, campus involvement, excellence in leadership, community service, philanthropy, risk management and programming.

The women of Omicron Chapter display leadership excellence through their various involvements and contributions in Drexel University. In 2008, each of the three chapter sisters held 3 or more leadership positions in their respective organizations. Some examples are: Vice president and Fundraise Chair of Drexel African Student Association, Vice President, Treasurer, and Parliamentarian of the Multicultural Greek Council, President and Treasurer of Salsa con Caché (Drexel Salsa Team). They also received Star Organization of December 2008 at Drexel University for co-sponsoring a week long of events for World Aids week, and Collaborative Organization of the Year (2008) by the Drexel African Student Association, because of community service, sports and social events for 2008.

Omicron Chapter actively participates and volunteers annually for the Philadelphia Aidswalk and the Philadelphia Breast Cancer walk. In 2008, they raised $480 towards the Philadelphia Aidswalk:Aidsfund, which was second highest in the sorority. They also participated with their Alumni chapter in the Annual Puerto Rican Day parade and won second place for a step/stroll performance in the Parade. The undergraduate sisters of Omicron chapter also traveled to New York to participate and walk in the New York Aidswalk in 2008. Throughout the year the chapter volunteered at the Hillel Soup kitchen and West Philadelphia Churches for clean up events. They had a sister who actively tutored/mentored at the Prep Charter High school for self-fulfillment.

Chi Upsilon Sigma has been in existence since April 29, 1980, incepted on the New Brunswick Campus of Rutgers – the State University of New Jersey. Our founders are 7 Latinas who had the desire to create an organization to promote leadership among the Latino community and our membership has since grown to incorporate women of all ethnicities. Chi Upsilon Sigma has devoted itself to increasing awareness amongst ourselves and our communities about important political, social, cultural, and educational issues and servicing the communities around us.

NALFO (National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations) is an umbrella council for Latino Greek Letter Organizations. The purpose of NALFO is to promote and foster positive interfraternal relations, communication, and development of all Latino Fraternal organizations through mutual respect, leadership, honesty, professionalism and education.

###

Old 05-04-2009, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Apparently I'm still getting the releases lol
lmao
Old 05-05-2009, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Not an official release, but...

I'd like to congratulate Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. on receiving the following awards from NALFO:

*Organization of the Year

*Philanthropic Organization of the Year

*Alumni Graduate Chapter of the Year (Gamma Gamma Chapter - NY)

*Philanthropic Excellence - Undergraduate Chapter (Zeta Chapter at Hofstra University).

These are top honors among the 21 member organizations in NALFO and well deserved. As outgoing President, I am proud of our accomplishments - giving back to communities from East to West Coast to South America!

In Greek Unity,
Ivone De Jesus
Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
GreekChat Member

PRESS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Organization: Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated
Email: public-relations@gammas.org
Date: 5/5/09
Release: #09-08-01

Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Recognized as NALFO’s Fraternal Organization of the Year for the Second Consecutive Year

SAN DIEGO, California -- May 2, 2009 – Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. was recognized by the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations with five awards including Fraternal Organization of the Year for the second year in a row.

An independent committee of Greek advisors, community partners and faculty from across the country selected the award recipients on the basis of Academic Achievement, Community Service, Organizational Integrity and Commitment to the Latino Community. Winners of the various Individual, Chapter and Organizational awards were announced at the recent NALFO convention this past weekend in San Diego, California. Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. was honored with the following awards:
  • Rising Professional of the Year, Armando Chavez, UC Berkeley Chapter
  • Undergraduate Philanthropic Chapter of the Year, UCLA Chapter
  • Alumnus Philanthropic Chapter of the year, Los Angeles Region
  • Alumnus Chapter of the Year, Los Angeles Region
  • National Fraternity of the Year
Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. appreciates NALFO for recognizing its consistent efforts to better our local and campus communities. For several years, Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. has been a great supporter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the American Diabetes Association and the US Academic Decathlon- the Premiere Scholastic Competition for high school students. This award marks the second year in a row that Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. has been selected as the National Fraternity of the Year- a distinction that is among the twelve awards it has received in only the last two years.

In addition, many brothers such as Armando Chavez have played an influential role in the improvement of the Latino community. As a former Polanco Fellow and a member of the California Latino Legislative Caucus, Armando Chavez has been instrumental in developing programs and networks that benefit the Latino community from within the state capital.

In light of these accomplishments, Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. adopted the motto, “Cultivating Leaders, Strengthening Communities” in 2009 to emphasize its work in professional, personal and community development. In addition, the National Board chose this theme for the 2009 National Conference in Fresno, California.

For additional information regarding Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc.'s NALFO Fraternal Organization of the Year Award, contact Juan Carlos López or visit www.gammas.org

About Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. – Since December 3rd, 1987, Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (GZA), has been at the forefront of community development, program development and leadership training- constantly striving to surpass the standards it has set for itself in Academic Excellence, Community Service, and the Maintenance of the Latino Culture through Brotherhood.

About NALFO - NALFO (National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations) is an umbrella council for Latino Greek Letter Organizations. The purpose of NALFO is to promote and foster positive inter-fraternal relations, communication, and development of all Latino Fraternal organizations through mutual respect, leadership, honesty, professionalism and education.

###

Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc. – Cultivating Leaders, Strengthening Communities

Old 05-05-2009, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

^Ah, you beat me to it!

CHICO LOVE!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

PHI IOTA ALPHA FRATERNITY, INC.
council@phiota. org - 9322 3rd Avenue Suite 412 Brooklyn, New York 11209
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phiota becomes Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Graduate Fellow Washington, DC - September, 2009

Andres Olivio has been named a named a Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Graduate Fellow assigned to the Office of Congressman Jose Serrano.

Andrés Olivo graduated from Nu Chapter (Boston/Northeastern University) with a B.A in Political Science.

At Northeastern University he was involved with the Latin American Student Organization (LASO). While Andrés served as secretary on LASO's executive board, the group won Northeastern University's Organization of the Year Award. Other accomplishments of his include being a La Comunidad en Acción Scholarship recipient and volunteering at Early Education Centers at school and around the Greater Boston Community. Andrés is also a brother of Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc. As a senior at Northeastern University, the Latino Student Cultural Center recognized many of Olivo's accomplishments by presenting him with several awards.

Andrés' professional experience includes working with the Puerto Rico Federal Affairs Administration, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Consumer Affairs, and the Regional Employment Board of Hampden County.

After completing his CHCI Public Policy Fellowship, Andrés hopes to attend graduate school in public administration to further strengthen his skills as a government professional.

###

Founded on December 26, 1931 at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York, Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc. has continued to supply voice and vision to the goals of Pan-Americanism throughout the world. The Fraternity has long stood at the forefront of the Latino community's development through many notable Phiota men, including former presidents of Latin American countries. Today Phi Iota Alpha, The Oldest Latino Fraternity in Existence, continues to serves our community as the preeminent Latino fraternal organization with chapters throughout the United States.

Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI), a nonprofit and nonpartisan 501(c) (3) organization, provides leadership development programs and educational services to students and young emerging leaders. The CHCI Board of Directors is comprised of Hispanic Members of Congress, nonprofit, union and corporate leaders. For more information call CHCI at (202) 543-1771 or visit www.chci.org.

Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc. - The Oldest Latino Fraternity in Existence

Old 09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

^Good job!

...but what is a "phiota"?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

lol