GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,412
2 members and 1,410 guests
No Members online

Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
We are asked to wear business casual, but people show up in whatever. At the very least, you should be wearing colors or a pin.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-01-2007, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

We had formal meeting once a month..."Badge wear" was required, though, no one did anything if you showed up in a tshirt. Ritual was once a month so we wore all white. The other two weeks were wear what you will. I liked it that way...we were a little more laid back then some of the bigger chapters, though.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-02-2007, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

We had formal chapter once a month where we had to wear all black. The other chapter meetings were always business casual, no jeans.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

The basic rule of thumb that we use is to dress as if you're going to an interview. no strapless, halter top or spaghetti strap tops/dresses unless you have a cardigan to go over it.

Jeans and flip flops are never to be worn while wearing your badge, so why would you wear them to chapter?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Business Casual... skirt, dress, nice pants (no khakis) Nylons with dresses or skirts, T shirts are OK.. as long as they are of a more fitted nature that you wouldn't you know wear to the gym.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Our informal meetings are badge attire, business casual. We have a formal meeting every other month or so when we wear ritual attire.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:35 PM

At Ole Miss, for chapter meetings, everyone gets all dressed up for chapter sit-down dinner and then chaper meeting is right after that. For agenda at AOII the girls can wear whatever the want as long as it is not work-out clothes
Old 01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
For SAI, we have a formal meeting once a month where we must dress in badge attire which means dressy clothes. SHOES ARE EVERYTHING! You must wear nice shoes with your bradge! If we have any type of ritual ceremony before or after all members with parts in the ceremony wear ritual attire and the rest wear all black with badge and no other jewelry. For our informal meetings you can pretty much wear anything, but no one ever comes looking like a rag-a-muffin. One time, I was really sick and came in PJs to an informal meeting and felt really out of place.

For Phi Sig, all of our meetings are informal. We only wear badge attire for ceremonies and such. Our badge attire dress code is business casual dark colors. They really want us in all black, but brothers were complaining about having to go out and buy black--so they stretched the rules. Sometimes we have themed meetings. Our last meeting of every semester is reverse progressive where everyone comes wearing clothes backwards, the meeting agenda is done from the top up and we have a potluck dinner afterwards. I always go to reverse progressive in SAI stuff. Get it? I'm at a Phi Sig meeting in SAI attire. It's backwards cuz it's the wrong org. (Yeah, none of my bros get it either.)

Last edited by AlwaysSAI; 01-13-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter dinner and chapter is mandatory every monday
One chapter is formal. No shoulder showing, no butts hanging out, basically modest. If you can see your shoulder you need to have a cardigan.
The next two weeks are business. As of now, business is no longer capri's (even if they're bramuda's or bought from the 'business' attire section), but long pants, skirts or dresses without shoulders shown.
Once a month (actually, more like 2-3x a semester) is open. This is when you can dress in whatever.

From Thanksgiving until February you must wear pantyhose if you can see your legs.

Last edited by deltalove16; 05-06-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

We had formal meetings twice a month.. badge attire... business casual.. no boobs, no butts, pantyhose must be worn with dresses/skirts, dress socks with any pants. No spaghetti straps, but sleeveless was ok. Informal meetings were come as you are.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Formal & Business Meetings = badge attire.
Activity Meetings (aka Informal Meetings) = jeans, t-shirts, etc. we usually wear our letters during this. no PJs.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicflowers View Post
Formal & Business Meetings = badge attire.
Activity Meetings (aka Informal Meetings) = jeans, t-shirts, etc. we usually wear our letters during this. no PJs.
^^Same at my chapter
Old 04-16-2008, 04:21 AM
GreekChat Member

We can wear anything in my chapter...we just can't wear sweats or pj bottoms to chapter but jeans or anything else is fine!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltalove16 View Post
From Thanksgiving until February you must wear pantyhose if you can see your legs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter650 View Post
pantyhose must be worn with dresses/skirts, dress socks with any pants.
I am totally impressed. I have two daughters ages 19 and 17, and I'm not really sure if they OWN a pair of pantyhose!!
Old 04-17-2008, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I went back to my chapter of initiation for a Founder's Day celebration w/ the alum group and I was surprised to see what some of the collegiates were wearing.

I felt like such an old lady when I leaned over to another alum and said "When I was in college, we were never allowed to wear ---"

There were spaghetti straps (which we weren't allowed to wear... if we had a spaghetti strap dress we had to wear a sweater or shrug or something), short skirts and random dresses with COWBOY BOOTS (is this what the kids are wearing nowadays???)

I only graduated 3.5 yrs ago!!!!