GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,868
0 members and 1,868 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2002, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Just the Beginning! Advice?

Hello GC-ers! I've been lurking around here for awhile now, and I 've really grown to respect and admire many people here. The support that you offer to others is really commendable.

I stumbled upon Greek Chat while I was looking for a way that a grad student who had "missed the boat" might get involved in a GLO. From there, I discovered Beta Sigma Phi, and now I am in the process of starting a chapter in my area. I am so excited!!!!

I currently have five potential members (including myself), and I am looking for ways to spread the word and boost interest. Any suggestions that you can make would be fantastic!

I have already put so much time and effort into building this chapter. I have completely invested my heart into this project, and I'm starting to get nervous. Hopefully, I will have some positive news to report by the end of the week. I'm holding an interest meeting on Thursday. Wish me luck!

Erica
Old 09-10-2002, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

...best of luck to you! By the way...lots of GLOs have alumna initiates.....

Iris
Old 09-11-2002, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Best of luck, Erica!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!!!
Old 09-11-2002, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks...

...to all of you. I can really use your encouragement!

I've spent some time communicating with people from International Headquarters as well as several sisters on-line and over the phone, and everyone has been so wonderful. Also, I love that at the time of Beta Sigma Phi's founding it provided an alternative to collegiate sisterhood for women who were not able to attend college (during the Depression). It's grown beyond that now, but as you know, roots are so important!

Ultimately, I am looking for sincere sisterhood, an opportunity for community service, and a chance to carry on a respected tradition.
I'll keep you posted.

Erica

Last edited by erica812; 11-05-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

thats so rad to see people with as much dedication as yourself!!! good luck with everything, and congrats on your sorority!!
Old 09-12-2002, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks again!

I'm so nervous about today! Not to be negative, but I have a feeling that no one is going to show. This interest meeting is mainly for the girls who expressed interest over the summer, so I didn't do much advertising yet. And I haven't heard back from these girls in about a week, so I'm not expecting a great turn out. I'll let you know what happens.

E.

Last edited by erica812; 09-13-2002 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck with Beta Sigma Phi. I have a few friends who are members and they love it!!
Old 09-13-2002, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Still hopeful...

As I predicted, turn out wasn't good. Only one girl came, but she was very enthusiastic, so that makes up for the lack of numbers. I gave her a couple of pamphlets, and she said that she would definitely talk to a few people.

Also, when I got home, I got an e-mail from a girl who had been interested earlier in the summer. I hadn't heard from her since June, I think, so I was really excited when she wrote to apologize for missing the meeting. She wanted to know what she had missed. Very good sign!

So I might have two sisters already!

Fingers still crossed,
Erica
Old 09-16-2002, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up a little bit of news

I got an e-mail from an interested student today. She wrote in response to my advertising (although it was very limited). Apparently, the word is getting out! YAY!!

Erica
Old 09-16-2002, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Keep up the good work...you'll get there soon!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Erica, While I started the Local, It was affiliated with an International with in the school year and I have never looked back!

It is very hard to start something new, ask any of the Locals on this site!

If you work hard and with some of the Backing of the Great People on this site whethere it International, National, Local, Multi, NPHC,Or anyone else, You have all of our backing and the very best of luck!!!!!!!

Go For it! It Aint Easy but hell getting lut of bed sometimes isnt eather

We are all wishing the very best for you!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-17-2002, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks!!!!!!

I can use all the support I can get. Since I am fairly new at this campus (and I live off campus), I really feel alone in this journey. I've been sticking around GreekChat a lot lately because it continues to remind me of all the reasons that I began to reach for my dream.

Erica
Old 09-17-2002, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Erica:
Thanks for starting this thread. Your dedication to sisterhood is a lesson for all of us here. Don't worry about the numbers right now, if you are able to connect with other women who have equal enthusiasm, you will already have an enriched life. A core group of 2 or 3 can do amazing things.
I looked on the Beta Sigma Phi website and was duly impressed, I think you're looking forward to a lifetime of exciting sisterhood and service.
Don't get down, GC will always be there to tell you to keep going!
thanks again for sharing your jouney with us,
violets
Old 09-18-2002, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish you the best as does everyone else. I think it is so awesome that you are doing this. I think friendships between women is so valuable no matter the age. Just ask my mom who is forty and her best friend is 65 yrs old. Anyway I checked out the website as well and it seems like a great org to be involved in.