GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,720
0 members and 1,720 guests
No Members online

Old 08-04-2000, 01:33 AM
black-kite

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterrfly:
My point was that I can't believe HOW many girls involved in sororities are trashy, slutty and lack any kind of morals whatsoever.
Well, you could also ask:
-how could some married people with homes, kids and EVERYTHING TO LOSE cheat on their spouses?
-how could some members of the clergy who are AGENTS of GOD molest minors?
-how could the President of the United States (Clinton, Kennedy or any of 'em) have a dalliance on the side, when he is a role model for America?

I could go on but I am sure that you catch my drift.

My point is: people are human. They get horny, they make bad decisions and they screw up. It sucks, but that is life. Learn from what has happened and try to choose a partner more wisely in the future.

Don't take this guy back. To do so basically demonstrates to him that you will tolerate his behavior, no matter how abominable it is.

And leave the sorority girls alone...there are not all like the young woman you described.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-04-2000, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Okay,

First just let me say, that sorority girls aren't trashy sluts or any other other stereotype that Butterfly wishes to put on us. That particular who slept with your bf might not be your best friend. However, have you ever taken the time to consider that he might just be lying to you. I mean the guy slept with someone else without utilizing protection, so it's just a guess that he isn't a pillar of virtue and honesty.

I feel bad for you butterfly. Perhaps if you were capable of seeing beyond your "love" then you would see that this girl is not the one who ruined your relationship. Your boy did. He was the one who had the committment, he was the one who slept with her, hence cheating on you. She didn't cheat on you. Perhaps you should refocus your anger, which by the way has voiced nothing but stupidity, towards him, and not her.

My boyfriend of three years slept with a non-Greek girl. So, following your great intelligence I should hate all non-Greeks. Well, now, that makes so much sense.

I however, left his sorry @ss, because I deserve better, because I have more respect for myself then to stay with a man who can't be faithful or honest.
My advice Butterfly....grow the $uck up.

[This message has been edited by Kymberleigh (edited August 04, 2000).]
Old 08-04-2000, 06:46 PM
sugah'nspice

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Butterfly:
There was one particular sorority girl that my boyfriend ... they ended up sleeping together.
It is likely not only ONE girl...that is probably just the one that he actually told you about.

Old 08-05-2000, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Butterfly, you commented on the fact that your post is about HOW MANY sorority girls are having sex and drinking. Well if you look at society today their is a surprising amount of young ladies that chose to "ho" themselves, by choosing to sleep with a various amount of males. This "slutty" behavor goes beyond sororities and into the state of the world today. If more people cared enough to help uplift young ladies self-image as a whole then you wouldn't find so many "slutty" women in sororities, in colleges, in the world.

------------------
Reach for the Moon, because even if you miss, you will still be among the stars!
-unknown
Old 08-05-2000, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

You wrote: I was simply commenting on how many promiscuous girls are involved in sororities

The fact is that the number of sorority girls that you have come in contact with in your life time does not give you the right to make a comment like that. The large amount of girls you're talkint about is like .00000000000000001% of all Sisters. I could make a comment that maybe the school that you all are coming from or even the town breeds slutty trash. But that wouldn't be fair would it.

Now come on. You posted something like you did on a GREEK website and you're suprised at the reactions you're getting? Please
Old 08-05-2000, 04:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to lizzie3d
GLOs generally do not sit idly by while members destroy themselves. There are internal workings within each GLO that non-members will never and could never understand. If this woman were in my house, I can guarantee that she would not get away with her behavior-- some sort of disciplinary action would be taken, along with an attempt to find out why one of our members was behaving this way.

The reason she wouldn't get away with her behavior, butterfly, is exactly because of your posts: if one member of one GLO at one campus does something that someone (excuse the phrase) "on the outside" of Greek life does not like, it makes every single Greek organization look bad.

I am very sorry that this happened, but I'm even more sorry that we have to sit here and defend our entire system because one member of one GLO somewhere in this country messed up.

------------------
Lizzie
Theta Sigma Chapter
Delta Delta Delta
Old 08-05-2000, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

More power to you Lizzie!!!!!!

In my house, we go by the motto, "You might be the only TriDelta someone ever meets."

I know in my house that if a sister acted in this way she would be brought to standards quicker then she could blink.

Kim
Delta Epsilon
Delta Delta Delta
Old 08-07-2000, 01:57 PM
Butterrfly

Quote:
Originally posted by Kymberleigh:
Okay,
Okay....if you are going to make a comment like that, with LANGUAGE like that.....then I think you are the one that needs to grow up.

Sorry if I offended you or anyone else....but that's what happens sometimes when you express an opinion. I posted my opinion on this whole matter because I wanted to get other people's perspective on the situation....wanted to broaden my own perspective on it. Don't think I haven't learned something from what other people have had to say on all this. My eyes have been opened and my opinion is no longer quite so close-minded. Believe me.

My advice Butterfly....grow the $uck up.

[This message has been edited by Kymberleigh (edited August 04, 2000).]
Old 08-07-2000, 02:08 PM
Butterrfly

lizzie3d, you do not have to defend your entire system because one member of one GLO messed up. I do apologize if I came across that way in my messages. Again, I think there are alot of great aspects to Greek life....heck, I have several good friends who are Greek.

Anyway, that girl ended up getting kicked out of her sorority. Apparently, she had a lot of problems and got herself into a little too much trouble.I'm glad her sorority didn't tolerate her bad behavior. I would imagine that in a lot of ways, its a privledge to be involved in a sorority...its refreshing to know that a sorority doesn't allow such a privledge to be abused.

Quote:
Originally posted by lizzie3d:
GLOs generally do not sit idly by while members destroy themselves. There are internal workings within each GLO that non-members will never and could never understand. If this woman were in my house, I can guarantee that she would not get away with her behavior-- some sort of disciplinary action would be taken, along with an attempt to find out why one of our members was behaving this way.

The reason she wouldn't get away with her behavior, butterfly, is exactly because of your posts: if one member of one GLO at one campus does something that someone (excuse the phrase) "on the outside" of Greek life does not like, it makes every single Greek organization look bad.

I am very sorry that this happened, but I'm even more sorry that we have to sit here and defend our entire system because one member of one GLO somewhere in this country messed up.