GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,266
4 members and 1,262 guests
John, PrettyBoy, Xidelt

Old 02-08-2005, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MikeBFiji
Indiana "Purple Valley" State Day 2005

Hey All,

Haven't seen many posts on here lately so I'll probably start a few new threads.

I just got back from State Day 2005 held by the Beta Graduate Chapter in Indianapolis. Its pretty neat to see and meet the new members from other chapters and colonies. For those of you unaware of what state day is let me explain. All the chapters of Phi Gamma Delta get together (8 chapters & 1 colony in Indiana hence the nickname "purple valley"), and go to several "break out" sessions on topics such as scholarship, recruitment, alcohol awareness, graduate relations, etc. The best part of the day is all my pledge brothers were there, and afterward we all got intiated! Our chapter keeps the date of intiation relatively secret. The worst part was waking up at 5:00am to get ready and arrive in Indy by 8:00am.

Do any of you guys have a State Day? Also if you are interested in visiting the Beta Sigma Chapter (Ball State University) IM me at Wyzird05 we have a special Beta Sigma Holiday coming up and would love to have some more Fijis there.

Mike B
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-12-2005, 03:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to GC, Mike B. and my sincerest congratulations to you on your recent initiation. Your description of "State Day" reminds you of the Section Conventions we used to have when I was an undergrad. At the time, we had 5 undergrad chapters in Colorado that made up the Section. We would get together on a host's campus to discuss fraternity business, rush issues, pledge ed, and other topics related to running the chapter. It was well worth the trip to attend these meetings, and I have fond memories of them.

FYI, you may not notice a whole lot activity from the FIJI's on the board, but it is regularly monitored, and you will usually get a response back to an appropriate post or question. You will also notice that there are a lot of inappropriate posts on GC, however! Few of these are typically dignified with much of a response!

Again, welcome to Phi Gamma Delta- you have made a fine choice!

Cheers,

mcellpe

P!
Old 02-26-2005, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Where?

Where are the 8 chapters, 1 colony, located in Indiana?

My "state days" memories include the Phi Delts, at some Indy hotel, who brought their women with them (and probably found more in Indy). Some water balloons dropped on the sidewalks attracted the police, who responded and found the Phis and their girls (clad only in jockey shorts and panties and bras) partying in the halls.

There were never any pictures, but there were many stories in the Star and all campus and statewide newspapers.

It may have been the last Phi Delt State Day in hoosierland.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MikeBFiji
The 8 Chapters in Indiana are:
1. University of Evansville
2. DePauw University
3. Wabash College
4. Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
5. Indiana State University
6. Indiana University
7. Purdue University
8. Ball State University

The Colony is at Hanover College

Our State Days are nothing like the Phi Delts. As far as I know none of the chapters stayed over night.