GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,253
1 members and 2,252 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 05-28-2003, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Did 'Idol' Misdials Doom Clay?
May 26, 2:09 PM EST

(Associated Press) -- Maybe Clay would have beaten Ruben on "American Idol" if viewers could dial the right number.

Cinergy Communications, a telecommunications company in Evansville, Ind., handled more than 240,000 misdialed calls during the three-hour voting period for "American Idol" last week.

Cinergy's residential marketing manager, Joey Randolph, said they took more than 169,000 calls for Clay and 72,000 for Ruben. Just 130,000 votes separated Clay and Ruben out of 24 million votes cast.

Randolph speculated the problem is that older phones don't have the letter Q on it, while newer phones have "P-Q-R-S" over the 7, which some people may have thought was the letter O. The "American Idol" numbers were (866) IDOLS01 or (866) IDOLS02.

So does Clay really deserve the title? A Fox spokesman says Fox can't be responsible for people who dial the wrong number.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-28-2003, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasAGD
Did 'Idol' Misdials Doom Clay?
May 26, 2:09 PM EST

(Associated Press) -- Maybe Clay would have beaten Ruben on "American Idol" if viewers could dial the right number.

Cinergy Communications, a telecommunications company in Evansville, Ind., handled more than 240,000 misdialed calls during the three-hour voting period for "American Idol" last week.

Cinergy's residential marketing manager, Joey Randolph, said they took more than 169,000 calls for Clay and 72,000 for Ruben. Just 130,000 votes separated Clay and Ruben out of 24 million votes cast.

Randolph speculated the problem is that older phones don't have the letter Q on it, while newer phones have "P-Q-R-S" over the 7, which some people may have thought was the letter O. The "American Idol" numbers were (866) IDOLS01 or (866) IDOLS02.

So does Clay really deserve the title? A Fox spokesman says Fox can't be responsible for people who dial the wrong number.

See that's just retarded...

I love Clay to death and would have loved to see him win, but if people can't dial a freakin number correctly, that's their own fault. That's why Ryan Seacrest gives BOTH numbers: the IDOLS02 and the 4365702 number.
It's not Fox's fault people can't spell.

Other Good Day Live rumors from today: Clay and Ruben are both single and Clay mentioned something about wanting to be the next Bachelor What tabloid is plugging this stuff? But hey, if it's true... sign me up!
Old 05-29-2003, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
Re: How 'bout y'all change the name of this thread?

Quote:
Originally posted by GPhiBLtColonel
...UNLIKE THE SONG CLAY SANG THAT WAS DONE IN A FAR FAR FAR SUPERIOR MANNER BY SIMON AND GARFUNKEL -- CLAY SOUNDED LIKE A CRUISE SHIP CROONER WHEN HE SANG IT!

(starts crooning) The Loooooove Boat. . .
Old 05-29-2003, 10:14 AM

(I guess this qualifies for the AI thread)

Frenchie was just on Regis and Kelly. There's no question, girl can SANG! I'd love to see her in Rent.

Christin
Old 05-29-2003, 11:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasAGD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Ruben won by 130,000 votes, then wouldn't he have won anyway even if all those misdialed calls had counted? He just would have won by fewer votes.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SSS1365
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Ruben won by 130,000 votes, then wouldn't he have won anyway even if all those misdialed calls had counted? He just would have won by fewer votes.
Well I am glad someone can do math cuz i just noticed that.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Ruben won. I would have preferred Clay, but I'm not complaining. Actually, they both will probably wind up making more money than me so good for them. I wish that I could sing and be rich and famous.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
Ruben won. I would have preferred Clay, but I'm not complaining. Actually, they both will probably wind up making more money than me so good for them. I wish that I could sing and be rich and famous.
you and me both, Cream. You and me both. In the meantime, I'm content to listen to a couple of kids with a lot of talent. They'll both be successful in my opinion and I plan to buy both of their CDs. I think the difference in personal style will really be apparent. You can even tell that from Classic American Love Songs, and those aren't even original songs for them.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
Other Good Day Live rumors from today: Clay and Ruben are both single and Clay mentioned something about wanting to be the next Bachelor What tabloid is plugging this stuff? But hey, if it's true... sign me up!
Umm... maybe I need to take the old gaydar in to get it fixed, but I swear that Clay's the gay. Don't get me wrong, I would love to date the boy too - but he's a little swishy.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

i think you are right KerriMarie, Clay is gay. our radio stations were talking about it every week. my gaydar is working fine and i believe he is too. anyways, i would have liked for him to win but rumors had it that voting was rigged. not just on misdialing but something else.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Huge Clay fan here! I was sorry to see him lose, mostly because I think Ruben is seriously overrated. I was pulling for Clay and K.Lo in the finals, but I'm glad Clay has done so well. I've been seeing him everywhere on TV, he has a record deal and an immense amount of sales already! Clay signed with RCA... we'll see whether Clay or Ruben comes out on top with album sales. Kim Locke just needs a record deal and I'll be a happy girl.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KerriMarie
Umm... maybe I need to take the old gaydar in to get it fixed, but I swear that Clay's the gay. Don't get me wrong, I would love to date the boy too - but he's a little swishy.

I failed to mention the wisecrack the hosts made about that Bachelor thing.
If he DID become the next Bachelor, applicants could range from 15 year old teenie boppers to 25 year old men.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

ok....fess up...who bought a clay cd today??

I DID!!!!!

so many people were buying them while i was there...clay's was going MUCH faster than ruben's.

can't wait for a full-length cd
Old 06-10-2003, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
hoping to buy Clay's this weekend....gotta wait for some money

I can't wait for a full-length CD too!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

K-Lo was on CMT yesterday singing Patsy Cline's "Crazy"