GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,689
0 members and 1,689 guests
No Members online

Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Yes. The pre-selected PNMs who the chapter knew were advancing to Pref would be told to piggyback on a member while leaving Sisterhood round. (Most PNMs would be taken by surprise and comply so to not offend the member or chapter. But how awkward. Not only to command someone to get on your back, but what if the PNM was wearing a dress, or short dress!)

A recent NPC Chair (not current one) and former National President of this sorority visited UT a few years ago and hopefully shut this down. Not sure of the outcome (heavy sigh).

MayBeth - did you hear of this happening?
I heard a LOT of talk about this happening, but I wasn't good enough friends with anyone who visited either of those chapters during the Sisterhood or Pref rounds at the time to know if they actually occurred this year as well. Does anyone know if strange selective traditions like this are common at other schools as well, or is it something that's specific to Texas?
Old 09-25-2018, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I was RIGHT! Congratulation to you and wonderful chapter of ADPi. Rich in history and I believe one of ADPi's oldest chapters.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats, MayBeth! That’s a wonderful chapter. One of our dear friend’s daughters is a sophomore in your chapter.

Loved following your story and especially your happy ending! Enjoy it all, it goes by so quickly and soon you’ll be going through rush on the other side.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooh, I guessed wrong on the identity of Blueberry Cobbler (it was the reference to the house's interesting architecture that confused me)! But I'm very happy for you and know that your chapter has gained a wonderful member, with a real talent for storytelling!
Old 09-25-2018, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

ForrestGrump, that's how I knew it was ADPi.
Separate apartments instead of rooms for girls who live in and a swimming pool on the roof is a unique design to me!!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I loved reading this story!!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
ForrestGrump, that's how I knew it was ADPi.
Separate apartments instead of rooms for girls who live in and a swimming pool on the roof is a unique design to me!!
I wasn't thinking of that aspect. I was being way more literal, and superficial, in thinking about unique house architecture -- in my mind I was thinking the Delta Gamma house. While most of the UT sorority houses look so stately and traditional, the outside of the DG house is like a mash-up of mid-century modern and 1970's Southern California, with some French Provincial on the side. And don't get me wrong, I find it rather interesting (and I love that pool), but it's different.

Last edited by ForrestGrump; 09-25-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestGrump View Post
I wasn't thinking of that aspect. I was being way more literal, and superficial, in thinking about unique house architecture -- in my mind I was thinking the Delta Gamma house. While most of the UT sorority houses look so stately and traditional, the outside of the DG house is like a mash-up of mid-century modern and 1970's Southern California, with some French Provincial on the side. And don't get me wrong, I find it rather interesting (and I love that pool), but it's different.
I was totally thinking the DG house too - with both its unique architecture and that swimming pool. The ADPi house is so charming and Southern to me (but I guess to an 18 year old it’s out of the ordinary??)
Old 09-26-2018, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayBeth View Post
I heard a LOT of talk about this happening, but I wasn't good enough friends with anyone who visited either of those chapters during the Sisterhood or Pref rounds at the time to know if they actually occurred this year as well. Does anyone know if strange selective traditions like this are common at other schools as well, or is it something that's specific to Texas?
The dance party, piggybacking and glitter bombs are specific to UT.

More important — Congrats on ADPi! Enjoy your collegiate years as an active and after that, a lifetime as an alumna!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! The chapter, as you've described them at the parties, sounds like a chilll place where you will have lots of fun.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to you!!! Loved reading your story and hearing your happy ending!
Old 09-26-2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on joining Alpha Delta Pi!

I'm so happy to see such a wise and kind soul in our sisterhood! PLAM!
Old 09-26-2018, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!

Would someone mind explaining what a "glitter bomb" is?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 09-26-2018, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations, MayBeth!!! Pi love to you and welcome to our sisterhood!!!
Old 09-26-2018, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
Congratulations!

Would someone mind explaining what a "glitter bomb" is?
One of the very selective chapters on campus at UT throws glitter at their top PNM’s on Pref to “mark” them so that the other chapter whose Pref they attend knows where they’ve been. It’s a mean girl tactic, through and through, that usually embarrasses the girls who’ve been marked and makes the other Pref attendees feel left out.

Not sure if this chapter still does this; I don’t have any friends whose daughters attended this house’s Pref in a few years.