GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 925
2 members and 923 guests
chi-o_cat, indygphib

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2012, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Sneaky Mom...

I kind of jumped into academic mode. I figured between classes and horseshows, the whole situation would kind of diminish in my mind. It kind of did.

Not for mom! I didn't find out until later, but mom had contacted the GLO at my school to inquire about all of this. The entire process, Rho Chis told us how rare it is at this school to be released from rush, and that it is almost always grade related (I had a really good GPA from high school and first semester so it was not my grades...)
It took mom a while to get answers (because membership selection is obviously confidential) and it took the GLO a while to look into this, but I did get answers.
I wasn't released. Well, not by the sororities. The night before pref I didn't get a call from my Rho Chi because I DID have parties to attend (I don't know which houses). 7 PNMs (including myself) fell victim to essentially a computer glitch. Something happened that basically withdrew my participation from recruitment. So, sororities thought I pulled out, and I thought I was released. Apparently it isn't that uncommon of an issue?!! The other PNMs hadn't had full schedules leading up to pref and I guess it didn't seem like a 'red flag' that they were released. (I have no idea what their status would have been otherwise--but it was found that they also appeared to withdraw...but hadn't?)
How maddening is that! I was both relieved and completely fuming when I found out. It was reassuring to know that I hadn't been rejected by every house, but knowing what really happened did not bring any resolve. The GLO director apologized profusely but said that nothing could be done at this point because no houses were eligible to take any more NMs.

I was strongly encouraged to look into Rhode Island. Their recruitment process was starting about 2 weeks after I found all of this out...