GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,430
3 members and 2,427 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 10-24-1999, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Aggie Zeta's

I posted this under Zeta, but I didn't really get any replies so here it goes again. Are there any Zeta Tau Alpha's out there from A&M, College Station? I'm curious to hear what being a Zeta at A&M is like & to see if it would be right for me.
Thanks a million
Allison

------------------
*love's all around you*
Old 11-19-1999, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Het there QT pie, I'm not from Texas A&M but I am a Zeta Tau Alpha. Kappa Kappa chapter at SUU. just wanted to say hi to ya and tell ya that being a zeta is great is is very fullfilling and what we stand for is great too.
Old 12-16-1999, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I'm a Zeta Tau Alpha from the University of Houston.. right down the street from A&M.
The Zetas from A&M that I know are very nice.. and of course they are the biggest and the best on campus, because if life were fair.... everyone would be a Zeta!!!!
Old 10-12-2000, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a tranfer student at U of H and wanted to know a little more about how spring rush goes. I am very interested in rushing and i love the symbols and colors of ZTA!!
Old 10-12-2000, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

hey bucutie02
I haven't checked this thread in a while (eventhough I started it). I'll be rushing at SHSU in the spring & I know that up there spring rush is informal. I have no idea what it's like at U of H. You might want to try e-mailing some of the other members on the board from U of H or even checking out their local website. That's how I met the Zetas at SHSU. Hope that helped.
Allison
Old 10-13-2000, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Q-T Pie! What school do you go to now? Its nice to hear from someone so close to where I am. I was formally on drill team during high school and every summer we would go up to SHSU for camp! Even though i always hated going because it always felt like "boot camp", my memories will last me a lifetime Okay, and another question for you is, are you in a sorority at your present school?
Quote:
Originally posted by Q-T Pie:
hey bucutie02
I haven't checked this thread in a while (eventhough I started it). I'll be rushing at SHSU in the spring & I know that up there spring rush is informal. I have no idea what it's like at U of H. You might want to try e-mailing some of the other members on the board from U of H or even checking out their local website. That's how I met the Zetas at SHSU. Hope that helped.
Allison
Old 10-13-2000, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

bucutie02
Well I'm currently at Montgomery County (up in Conroe) No I'm not in a sorority now, but plan to rush ZTA at SHSU. LOL about your drill team "boot camp" I know what that's like I think I saw in another thread that you said U of H's spring rush is informal. I don't know alot about informal vs formal because everything I've heard has come from informal rushees. Your best bet (in my opinion) would be to contact some of the Zetas, eventhough, I think you said the one in your class doesn't talk to anybody. (That's kinda like me in class I'm a mute, but out of it...well..it's a site to see) You may be surprised to find that ZTA is where you think you belong or where you couldn't even picture yourself. If you wanna chat e-mail me anytime

Allison

------------------
A mistake at least proves that somebody stopped talking long enough to do something.
~ Anonymous
Old 10-15-2000, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Allison!
Thanks for your great advice! I have actually been emailing this girl that is a Phi Mu. I dont know her personally but when i was looking at the guestbook of DZ, she happened to sign it saying she was going to go through rush this past fall. I emailed her asking how rush went for her. She has been a great help in answering so many of my questions!! So are you set on rushing Zeta? I am going to go through informal rush, which is mainly for girls who pretty much know what house they want to be in... but i really dont know which one i want to be in! I guess i still have some time to decide! Hopefully come January i will have some type of idea. Well there are like three AXO in this class i was talking about, but they sit completely on the other side of the room. The ZTA and the two DG's sit on my side. I think im going to be brave and try to sit close to where i predict either the ZTA or the DG's will sit. If all works out well, i might squeeze in a word or two to one of them! hehe ... my class is on tuesdays and thursdays so i will let you know!! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!
Old 10-15-2000, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey there bucutie02
Looks like I got on just after you I think it's great that you found someone to talk to about rush up there(or is it down there?)! Are ya'll going to meet someday & chat? I find it so much easier when I'm talking instead of typing. Anywho, I'm not dead set on rushing ZTA. I'll probably talk to & visit a few girls from the other sororities, but unless I'm super duper impressed then I'll more than likely rush ZTA. I'm my opinion the girls are awesome & I was interested in helping the philantropy before I even knew it was theirs. That was just like an added bonus. The fact that my cousin is friends with most of & dated many of the girls helps too I know you said you were planning to slip a word to either of the two girls on your side, but have you talked to any of the AXOs? One good thing is that if you meet one, you'll more than likely meet the other two. I hope you can talk to at least one of the girls from one of the sororities!! If you want you can e-mail me with what happens, but I'd really like to know how things turn out. Keep me posted.

Allison
Old 10-15-2000, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Allison!
Yeah it did look like we just missed each other. I am fairly new to this but i am loving every second of it! Is there a way we can chat if we are online at the same time on this thing? If not i have AOL instant messanger. The girl i am talking to through email is so nice!! Phi Mu is beginning to call my attention because of her. If all her sorority sisters are as sweet as her, than its an awesome sorority! Of course i dont know her in person yet, she hasnt brought that up since we have emailed each other only a couple of times.. but you never know, we could end up meeting one day! I also went ahead and emailed the other sororities that I found email addresses to last night, hopefully they will write me back! Well to answer your question, i havent talked to any sorority member at my school except for the one in Phi Mu, and thats just via email. I read your other posts in this topic and you were asking about Zetas at A&M. Is that where you were thinking of transferring before you were set on SHSU? Also, have you hung out with the ZTA's there already? Like, they actually know you and stuff? I want to know if there are any members here that are in sororities at U of H, but how do i go about that? One more question i have is that in other topics they mention something about GLO's and BGLO's. What is that???? hehe Well have a great day and talk to you soon!!

[This message has been edited by bucutie02 (edited October 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by bucutie02 (edited October 15, 2000).]

Last edited by bucutie02; 01-16-2002 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2000, 04:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Howdy Rosanna
I also have Instant Messanger too. My SN is Jolly Molly 83 if you want to chat. That's so good to hear that the girl you're talking to is a sweetheart! It makes it so much easier to talk to people when they're nice. I’m glad you got around to e-mailing the other sororities. I did that for the main sororities at Sam Houston when I decided to transfer there (because A&M just wasn't for me). I only heard back from ZTA which is probably one of the reasons I became interested in them. To be honest I've only met a few girls from the other sororities, so like I said I'll probably visit a few of them & things like that during or even before rush, but right now it's more than likely ZTA. Yeah I've hung out with the girls & they are the sweetest. You really get to know what they’re like just by having lunch. About finding people on the board from U oh H, I don’t really know a definite way. I’d say just post one thread under Greeklife. Hopefully you’ll get a few responses from that. On the GLO, BGLO thing, I’m not positive, but I think the main difference is that BGLOs are made up of mostly African Americans. I’m NOT for sure on that, so I hope I don’t offend if I’m wrong. There are so many threads on that under the Greeklife heading. If you can’t find anything, then you can start a new thread asking. Well, Hope to talk to you soon.

Allison

------------------
A mistake at least proves that somebody stopped talking long enough to do something.
~ Anonymous
Old 10-16-2000, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Allison!
Everytime i type in your name you remind me of a really close friend i have, her name is allison too! She happens to be a kappa delta at baylor university! Well the Phi Mu that i talk to is really sweet like i have already said. So far, i have only heard from this girl who is in Phi Mu and also from two alpha chis. Oh you know what? It is so weird that i JUST remembered that i know a ZTA at SHSU. I dont really keep in touch with her now because we werent really close friends, but she is the sweetest girl. We were both officers in drill team. Our junior year she was vice president and i was historian. Our senior year i decided to not try out for officer anymore because everyone's senior year is already stressful enough, but she went on to become president. I wonder if you know her, her name is Jennifer Myer. Let me know!! Bye!

[This message has been edited by bucutie02 (edited October 16, 2000).]

Last edited by bucutie02; 01-16-2002 at 03:27 PM.
Old 11-20-2000, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hey Allison and Roseanna,
I was reading your posts and I was just wondering if you girls ended up going through Rush and where you ended up if you did. Keep me posted
-Zeta_Girl

------------------
"Only The Best Get Crowned"
Old 11-21-2000, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hey Zeta_Girl,
I'm not rushing until this spring. I'll be at SHSU and am so excited about it. I actually just got back from my first dinner at the Zeta house and had so much fun. It only lasted about an hour, but it was great and I'll be back up there next Monday. I've never had that many people just come up and introduce themselves and strike up a conversation, especially when they're girls. Can I ask where you go to school at? Just curious if you're close. Thanks for asking about us though.

Allison
Old 11-28-2000, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Zeta_Girl,
I am sorry it has taken me a while to respond to you. Sometimes i forget i have other posts going on besides in the general forums. Well like Allison, I am not rushing until the spring. Also unlike Allison, i havent met any members yet Although I have gotten contact with them by email, so they have my name for informal rush contact information. I am not 100% sure which sorority i am fully interested in either. I'll keep you posted though!

Last edited by bucutie02; 01-16-2002 at 03:25 PM.