GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,803
0 members and 1,803 guests
No Members online

Old 08-10-2010, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

She's probably right. i think there are so many legacies now that it doesn't have the "weight" it used to. i got a letter from my national saying my daughter would be invited back at least once and that there was no guarantee of invitation to bid
Old 08-10-2010, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter just texted me & she is done for the day!! She is on the way to do her selections. She is very nervous because she liked so many of the houses. I told her to go with her gut feelings & she would be fine. I will let you know how she does for the next round! Keep your fingers crossed!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

fingers are crossed for all the bama pnms!!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi, I'm new to all of this and learning quickly I read the post earlier about the only men allowed in houses will be dads. I called the office and was told that brothers should be allowed in as well. The girl said they are trying to keep out the frat guys. I hope she is correct, we were planning on bringing my son along too. I am so glad I found this site! It has been very helpful to me this week! I keep waiting for my phone to ring! Having this, I feel like I can keep up a bit better
Old 08-10-2010, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bamagirl View Post
Mrskrabs, how is ur daughter liking rush ? hope she is having a wonderful experience and making new friends! what is rush like ? i have no clue , hoping to find out . all post are wanted
Reading Bama rush threads (under "Recruitment Stories") would be the best way to find out about what it's like.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Bamagirl! She is having a blast. She said it's very hot and very busy, but she wouldn't change a thing! Everyone has been very nice and helpful. She is a transfer student and said she doesn't know how the freshmen can keep up with all of this and just starting at school. She can't believe how many girls are rushing! By the way, "heard" a news crew was coming? Anyone hear about that?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrskrabs View Post
Hi Bamagirl! She is having a blast. She said it's very hot and very busy, but she wouldn't change a thing! Everyone has been very nice and helpful. She is a transfer student and said she doesn't know how the freshmen can keep up with all of this and just starting at school. She can't believe how many girls are rushing! By the way, "heard" a news crew was coming? Anyone hear about that?
They usually show up at some point...a lot of times on what used to be called "Squeal Day" (Bid Day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16bamagirl View Post
thats wonderful, has she fallen in love with a certain sorority
16bamagirl, if you haven't figured it out by now, you should quit posting until you read through several threads, both the Alabama ones and the ones that are stickied on the recruitment forums.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Jeez 16bamagirl, finish High School, get your braces off, apply and then get accepted to Alabama and then ask all of your questions. If you do all that, then read through all of the Bama threads. There's enough Bama info on here to fill a very large book!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

plus 16bamagirl, msrkrabs is smarter than to post anything more than general information at this point in her daughters recruitment.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Is 16Bamagirl related to Sam Jones? http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=91716
Old 08-10-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Is 16Bamagirl related to Sam Jones? http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=91716
Thank you for posting that link. It was HIGHLY entertaining. I dont knwo how I missed that the first time around!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Must have been twins separated at birth.....er, hatching....
Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

This is also true for Kappa. I told my girls up front that me being their mama would only get them back in the door of the Kappa house for the second round, but then after that, they would be on their own.

Actually, I think I told each when she was in 9th grade that I could not "get her in" a sorority, that she needed to make sure the ladies in town liked her and would be willing to rec her before they went off to college. I was doing my part, but they had to do their part too. As a result, I think they learned a lot at a younger age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuuthfairy View Post
She's probably right. i think there are so many legacies now that it doesn't have the "weight" it used to. i got a letter from my national saying my daughter would be invited back at least once and that there was no guarantee of invitation to bid

Last edited by Loyally Kappa; 08-10-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I read the first couple of pages of that thread. I snorted some water outta one of my nostrils!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyally Kappa View Post
I read the first couple of pages of that thread. I snorted some water outta one of my nostrils!
I just felt the urge to bump it. Too bad OTW isn't still here. I never enjoyed her tormenting a pleebe so much, and think I had a few snorting spells too.