GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,029
0 members and 1,029 guests
No Members online

Old 08-28-2007, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
And both housing corps still own the houses to the best of my knowledge. The Sigma Kappa house is right behind the ZTA house and has had a number of fraternity tenants since SK left campus in 1999.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlum View Post
Waaaaay back in the day, we had 18 national GLO's at FSU and I hope that some of these groups will find their way back to our beautiful campus.

I'm so glad to hear that all of our sister GLO's made quota. Go Noles!!!!
Wouldn't that be grand? The size of the incoming classes keeps climbing, as does the quality. They said this year's cumulative GPA was the highest ever for an incoming class.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I just received an email from the recruitment advisor for AXO at Florida. She says quota was 55 (which is different from what we've heard in this thread... no clue who is right) and they matched quota plus 3 for a total of 58.

I'm glad everyone made quota! That's fantastic.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Any other news with Uof F recruitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylochick216 View Post
I just received an email from the recruitment advisor for AXO at Florida. She says quota was 55 (which is different from what we've heard in this thread... no clue who is right) and they matched quota plus 3 for a total of 58.

I'm glad everyone made quota! That's fantastic.

Any other news with Uof F recruitment? How did other houses do? Is there a list out?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I was wondering the same thing...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylochick216 View Post
Much of this thread is about Florida State, not the University of Florida.

Quota at Florida State (FSU) was 51
Quota at the University of Florida (UF) was 55.

That might be your confusion.
Sounds like AXO made quota at UF. Congrats to them!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quota at FSU was 51 and was based on how many PNM's attended Pref Day parties. Houses could only take more girls if they weren't even with their chapter total. For instance, a chapter could take quota plus if their house was not at capacity to make up for missing members.

I just talked to my friend who is a Sig Delt and she is hoping that Tri Sigma is not the house that comes back on campus in the future. Sig Delt had the house professionally decorated (I think) and spent a lot of time and money on renovations. Since Tri Sig still owns the house, Sig Delt is getting kicked out if they come back on campus. That is all way in the future though. There is still at least 2 more votes before anything is finalized (They just finished the Exploratory Committee and I believe there will be a vote for a new chapter and then which chapter it will be).
Old 08-29-2007, 08:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbear80 View Post
Much of this thread is about Florida State, not the University of Florida.

Quota at Florida State (FSU) was 51
Quota at the University of Florida (UF) was 55.

That might be your confusion.
Sounds like AXO made quota at UF. Congrats to them!
Ah, yes. My mistake.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you have the actual number of girls y'all got. Yesturday one of your members told me it was quota + 5 and then another one said y'all had quota + 11????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCBlondie View Post
Quota at FSU was 51 and was based on how many PNM's attended Pref Day parties. Houses could only take more girls if they weren't even with their chapter total. For instance, a chapter could take quota plus if their house was not at capacity to make up for missing members.

I just talked to my friend who is a Sig Delt and she is hoping that Tri Sigma is not the house that comes back on campus in the future. Sig Delt had the house professionally decorated (I think) and spent a lot of time and money on renovations. Since Tri Sig still owns the house, Sig Delt is getting kicked out if they come back on campus. That is all way in the future though. There is still at least 2 more votes before anything is finalized (They just finished the Exploratory Committee and I believe there will be a vote for a new chapter and then which chapter it will be).
Old 09-29-2007, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Update

Well everyone, we are at the end of September, and I just wanted to give everyone an update.

My Girl is very happy with her new sisters. She is always doing things with them. Funny enough if I press for information, I get the following line:

"Mum, I can't talk too much about it. It's sorority secrets!"

I may not be Greek, but I do know that events of a night out with the girls is not necessarily as you girls say "ritual".

She seems to be having a wonderful time, and being in a sorority seems to have made the transition to college smoother. Several of her sisters are in the same major,s o she has had much practical advice.

My Girly Girl even went to a football game with her sorority. I never thought I'd see the day! Her father is a big sports guy, and she never was interested before. I'm happy so is coming into her own.

We will be going up to visit next weekend. I'm very excited to meet her new friends, and see were she spend much of her time.

As a side note, her twin brother who goes to a different school has announced that he intends to rush next semester. It seems that he has befriended a Pike who has been courting him with the wonderfulness that is fraternal life.

Argh! I hope that goes well. I have even less knowledge of fraternities as I do of sororities, but I do know him. He just keeps telling me that it's not the same. The dues and fees sure are cheaper though!

Thank you all again for walking me through recruitment this year. I willbe back next year with my next girl!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
Congratulations to your daughter and Kappa Kappa Gamma!!!

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 09-29-2007, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMummy View Post
Funny enough if I press for information, I get the following line:

"Mum, I can't talk too much about it. It's sorority secrets!"

I may not be Greek, but I do know that events of a night out with the girls is not necessarily as you girls say "ritual".
Haha, my D replied similarily when I would inquire about her internship this summer. "It's classified. You don't have a clearance so I can't talk about it."