GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,167
2 members and 1,165 guests
Phrozen Sands, Xidelt

Old 07-29-2010, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Bama Sorority Recruitment 2010

My daughter is going through starting Aug 8th this year as a freshman. I am starting this for other Bama Mom's to talk about the process and somehow RELAX!

I talk to one friend and hear how my daughter needs to get into only a "top" sorority - whatever that is. No one will define.

I talk to another friend and hear to just have her pick the girls she is most comfortable with and who she could sit around watching TV with no make-up on and be totally comfortable.

Any thoughts and information is helpful!

I know there are lots of moms out there for Bama rush this year - there are over 1500 girls registered!

Looking forward to hearing comments!
Old 07-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Here's a comment! War Eagle!

But seriously, y'all are going to have another great recruitment season. Can't wait to hear what quota is!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Here's a comment! War Eagle!

But seriously, y'all are going to have another great recruitment season. Can't wait to hear what quota is!

You said "Hail State" to me the other day! You just love bustin' chops, don't you?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Squeal Day

Anyone going? My husband and I got a hotel room for the night before (since we are 4 hours away). We decided to be there early in case my daughter is one of the few who get that sad phone call between 7 & 9am saying they have fallen through rush.

Other than that, we are looking forward to the adrenaline rush of bid day and being on Sorority Row with several thousand of our new best friends melting in the sun!

Comments?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Bama moms: recruitment aid (for you, not your daughters) below.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Bama moms: recruitment aid (for you, not your daughters) below.

That's recruitment aid for advisors!!
Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Wear something that will help you stay cool. There is not a lot of shade on Magnolia Drive or Sorority Row. There should be a tent set up in front of the house your daughter gets a bid for so that you can register as mom, etc. Wouldn't hurt to have some bottled water with you.

They will probably serve your daughter and her family a light lunch. If you haven't already contacted "Letters" about a bid day gift, they have several packages they will put together for you so that you can avoid trying to get into the store on Saturday or Sunday.

It will be a mad house. Take lots of photos!

I've already done Squeal Day twice with my daughters (both Tri Delta), but don't plan to go this year because I have an exchange student who is arriving from Germany on Saturday evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMom View Post
Anyone going? My husband and I got a hotel room for the night before (since we are 4 hours away). We decided to be there early in case my daughter is one of the few who get that sad phone call between 7 & 9am saying they have fallen through rush.

Other than that, we are looking forward to the adrenaline rush of bid day and being on Sorority Row with several thousand of our new best friends melting in the sun!

Comments?

Last edited by Loyally Kappa; 08-08-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Number Registered

I heard on Friday that the final number of girls registered is 1,642! Good luck to them all.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottytoddy View Post
You said "Hail State" to me the other day! You just love bustin' chops, don't you?
LOL!

BS-Auburn
MS-Arkansas
PhD-Mississippi State
Old 07-29-2010, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

HaHa! Me either. It was about 72 last year...

I have a good friend who's daughter is rushing at Auburn. I wrote her a rec & am looking forward to hearing how all that goes!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMom View Post
I talk to one friend and hear how my daughter needs to get into only a "top" sorority - whatever that is. No one will define.

I talk to another friend and hear to just have her pick the girls she is most comfortable with and who she could sit around watching TV with no make-up on and be totally comfortable.
All of the chapters at Bama are great. When people throw around the term "top," it usually means different things to different people: the girls with the best grades, most involved on campus, etc. Every chapter on the Bama campus can be considered a top chapter, depending on which criteria you use.

Your second friend is very right... your daughter needs to focus on finding girls who could become friends for life.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter has recs for all the houses except 1 signed, sealed and delivered. She can't wait to get to Tuscaloosa and meet her roommate that is also rushing, and all the sorority women too. She had only positive things to say about all the houses after visiting on preview day. The only question now is which houses think the same about her.

Thanks for starting this thread, and wishing all the PNM's and sororities a great recruitment.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

We are doing the same Tidemom. I'm not sure my husband is convinced that this is that big a deal and that we should be there. I don't know why he would think that though. All my daughter and I have done all summer is talk about who in our town was in which sorority, and would they write her a rec. Of course they all did.
See you in Tuscaloosa...
Old 07-29-2010, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anyone have the number of registered PNM's to date?

Thanks for the recruitment aid posted above, make mine a double please.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

PLEASE write about the process. My daughter pledged last year at a different,highly competitive west coast university. I wasn't nervous at all...until Pref day/Bid Night. And we live 20 minutes from campus.

I highly recommend margaritas. The fresh lime is a real pick me up (again for you and your husband). Good luck to all the PMNs!