GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,205
0 members and 1,205 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2012, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Kentucky Fall 2012 Recruitment

Just got home from moving my daughter into the University of Kentucky! She had to be out of her dorm by 7:30 AM this morning to start Day 1. They will each visit all 13 houses and are expected to be done tonight around 8:30 or 9 PM.

I will have the phone glued to me for updates!!!

Thank you to all the mom's who have been posting suggestions of do's and don'ts we have been checking here all summer.

I'm hoping for a happy daughter at the end of this process!

Any other UK mom's out there????
Old 08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck UK14Mom! Waiting is hard!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi UKMom, As my name implies, I am a UK alumnus and mom of a Alabama collegiate member. I know about 10 young ladies rushing at UK and Louisville this year. My small town had a Panhellenic meeting to meet the girls and tell them what to expect. We gave them a list of alumnae willing to write recs if they would give us their resumes. None did for me or my friend. I guess they know what they are doing! There are a few houses where most pledge. I wish I had a way to keep up with them throughout the week.
Good luck to your daughter. Keep us posted, I remember when mine went through. She is on the other side now and said it's tough there too.
Catfan
Old 08-12-2012, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is also going through recruitment at UK this week. I talked to her this afternoon and she is having so much fun. She has liked almost all of the houses so far. She did mention that she was disappointed in one of the houses that she thought she would really like. This is exactly what everyone has said over and over. Do not go in with certain expectations and keep an open mind.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got off the phone with my daughter and she said she had a wonderful day today! She really liked all the houses. There were 6 that she really loved but said she would be happy to go back to any of them.

She is OOS and did have rec's for all houses so hopefully that will help her. She really went in with an open mind and hopefully she can stay that way as she goes through the process.

She is suppose to text me in the morning with the number of parties on her list. Hopefully all the girls can get some sleep tonight. They sound tired already I must say I feel so much better now that I've talked to her!

Good luck to all the girls!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:01 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter just called and is very happy. She was invited back to ten houses so she has a full schedule. She was only dropped from one of her top ten houses and it was at the bottom of the list so she is fine with that.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Just got a text from my daughter...she has 10 parties today She is thrilled. She was dropped from one of her top houses but she said that will only make her job easier. I love the attitude. Hope it stays that way. Good luck to all the PNM's!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Yea Moms! Keep us posted.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

best wishes to both of your D's. Its great to hear they both have such a strong start and open minds!
Old 08-13-2012, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I did not realize how difficult and nerve wracking it could be waiting for a call from my daughter. I just pray everything is going well. She has been very lucky with the weather. I think it is in the low 80s.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Nervousmom, I feel your pain!!! I did get a text from my d about 1 1/2 ago saying that she LOVED 2 houses today that were just okay yesterday. She said it is cloudy there but not raining. Hope it stays that way.

I hate this waiting!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Whoa. How did I miss this thread? Best of luck to all our UK Wildcat PNMs.

GO CATS!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

well I spoke to my daughter app. 2 hours ago and she had a great day. She was just starting to tell me about it when we got cut off as she was walking back to her dorm. I have tried calling her multiple times but her phone just keeps going to voicemail. I can tell this is going to be very difficult for me worrying about her all the time. I know I wont sleep tonight if she does not call me back.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Not sure what dorm your daughter is in but when I talked to mine about 2 1/2 hours ago her Gamma Chi group was going to dinner together. Maybe that's why you haven't heard back from her.

My daughter also had a really good day. She really struggled with ranking her final 3. There were 2 that she was okay putting there but took awhile with the 3rd one which she listed first.

She said as of now she could see herself in 5 different houses. Hopefully she will get a full party card tomorrow which include her 5 favorites. Going to be another long day tomorrow.

Nervousmom -- I hope you hear from your daughter soon so you can get some sleep tonight.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I finally heard from my daughter and as I suspected her phone died. She did not make it back to her room till very late to call me. She is having a great time and sees herself in about 4 of the houses. Hopefully these will be on her schedule tomorrow.