GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,260
1 members and 1,259 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs

What I think of when I see the OP's name.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeALook View Post
And I care too much about what other people think. We've established that.
I think you should be more concerned with what people think of you. Recruitment is a mutual selection process, and girls who are preoccupied with reputations generally don't end up in the houses they think they "deserve."
Old 08-04-2010, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well, yes. I wouldn't say there's an exact number, but multiple people would have to express similar opinions that "XYZs are nasty hos" before I would consider it a commonly accepted opinion. Those people would be a combination of those I speak to: frat guys, friends on campus both in and out of sororities, facebook friends' pictures I can see, etc.
I'm not saying that opinion is an accurate representation of all XYZs, but it's something that some people would associate with the letters. And I care too much about what other people think. We've established that.
And because I'm not that far away from 18, I can completely understand where you are coming from. At 18, in a new place away from home, going through this seemingly superficial process which requires you to be judged almost immediately for your choice (i.e. wearing bid day letters the next day), it is a scary prospect to end up in the "ugly, fat chapter". If I went through recruitment as an 18-year-old, first semester freshman, I may have let the stereotypes and what my new fast friends from my Pi Chi group said get to me. However as I went through college, through a process of the friends I made, the experiences that I had, and the wonderful and amazing women that I met, I was convinced to go Greek. And I chose the chapters that I pursued after careful and thoughtful deliberation. And, in the end, I ended up where I was meant to be. However by my junior year I realized who I was, who my friends were, who and what type of people I got along with, the kind of woman I wanted to be, who I cared about, whose opinions mattered to me, etc. In short, I knew who I was and that made it much easier for me to know where would fit me best. Luckily, the sorority I was interested in thought I fit in well too. But I understand the difficult position that you're in and to be honest, not many of us were so open minded when we went through recruitment. We just know that now at the other side it is probably the most beneficial thing that you can do for yourself. And I know where you're coming from, you want to know what you're getting yourself into. That, in itself, is not bad. Just don't let other people tell you where you fit. Because in the end they won't be the ones living with the decision for four years. That's all.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm not saying that opinion is an accurate representation of all XYZs, but it's something that some people would associate with the letters. And I care too much about what other people think. We've established that.
You are way to caught up in what perception you will give off by wearing a certain set of letters. You are seem to be easily swayed by the opinions of others instead of your own opinion of XYZ, that's not usually the best way to make decisions.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
I think you should be more concerned with what people think of you. Recruitment is a mutual selection process, and girls who are preoccupied with reputations generally don't end up in the houses they think they "deserve."
My thoughts exactly. This is an SEC school, yes? PNMs often think they get to be choosier than they actually get to be.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
My thoughts exactly. This is an SEC school, yes? PNMs often think they get to be choosier than they actually get to be.
So funny and so true.

The majority of PNMs really aren't going to be sitting down at the end of every day thinking "oh gee, I have more than the max number of invites, who will I drop?"

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psusue View Post
Just don't let other people tell you where you fit. Because in the end they won't be the ones living with the decision for life. That's all.
Fixed that for you

@~/~~~~
Old 08-05-2010, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j8EiWIVZs

What I think of when I see the OP's name.
hahahaha YES.