GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Chi > Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,357
1 members and 2,356 guests
LaneSig

Old 11-15-2004, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Ohio Univ. Chi Omegas Give $100,000 to school

Ohio University and sorority Chi Omega dedicated the newly constructed north overlook addition at Emeriti Park on Saturday, November 13, 2004.

The main addition in the north overlook is a covered structure that is affixed with a dedication plaque in honor of the late Ruth Ann Picard. It was built with the help of a $100,000 gift from Chi Omega given to the Ohio University Foundation in her honor. The gift is the largest ever donated to OU by a Greek student organization, according to a news release.

Picard, who earned bachelor's degrees in psychology and sociology in 1939 from OU, served as a Chi Omega adviser for more than 50 years. In her honor, the sorority established the Ruth Ann Picard Scholarship, which was given in 2003 for the first time. Picard died in 1999 at the age of 80.

A walkway on the south overlook of Emeriti Park is also named in honor of Picard and her late husband, Fred Picard, a longtime OU economics professor. The north overlook project began in June. OU's Tau Alpha chapter has approximately 130 student members and more than 1,200 alumni.

Emeriti Park, which was dedicated in November 2000, honors OU's distinguished former faculty and staff and recognizes the impact that they have had on the university, the release said. The four-acre site between the South and West greens includes ponds, flowerbeds, benches, trees, fountains, a waterfall and, its most recent addition, the north overlook.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-15-2004, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow! What an amazing donation!

Great job, ladies!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

That's really neat! I had to look up the University's website because I wasn't familiar with where Ohio University was located.
That's awesome ladies!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I'm such a "Today" show junkie -- I know Ohio Univ. as where Matt Lauer went to school!