GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,145
1 members and 2,144 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 09-03-2004, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

ADPiAkron and Hannahgirl's Recruitment Thread

Hello everyone!

Last night Hannahgirl (Delta Gamma from The University of Akron) and myself (Alpha Delta Pi from The University of Akron) attended Sorority Forum at our school as alumnae members of our sororities!! Let me just say that we had a blast seeing each other and talking about greekchat!! When we were talking we both agreed that Recruitment Stories are our favorite and we said we wanted to start a thread ourselves!

Well here it is! This is our story about recruitment at The University of Akron as alumnae member's of our respective sororities!!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

cool!!!!!!!! that sounds so awesome! have fun!!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are the dates for Recruitment at The University of Akron:

September 1, 2004, Z-Day
September 2, 2004, Meet the Greeks
September 3, 2004, House Tours
September 9, 2004, The ABC's of Greek Life
September 10, 2004, Leaders of the Pack
September 11, 2004, Preference Party and Bid Day
Old 09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

August 31
Alpha Delta Pi

I spent 4 hours over at the ADPi house bagging cookies that the chapter would be passing out at the Z-Day Festival. I had sent out an email about a month prior and included it in the newsletter, that the chapter needed alumnae to donate cookies for this event. I have never been more proud to be an alumnae member when I saw all of the cookies donated!! S

adly at this time I heard that only 29 girls had signed up for Recruitment and paid the fee.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

September 1st
Z-Day Festival

I called the Recruitment Vice President to see how the turn out was at the festival. She said it was horrible because of the location! Recently Akron opened up its new student rec center, and that day they were giving tours, etc. So they thought that would be a good location to hold the festival-- but obviously it was not!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

September 2nd
Sorority Forum

Sorority Forum was sooooo much fun! Each chapter was allowed to have 4 chapter members and 3 alumnae in attendance. Like I said before, HannahGirl was there for DG and I was there for ADPi. A good number of girls attended and more girls signed up for formal recruitment. I spoke with so many girls that my head was spinning! It was like old times rushing again! I had a blast! It was so neat to share Alpha Delta Pi with these women, and also letting them know what a wonderful Greek Community Akron has and how the sororities on campus genuinely care about one another and the betterment of the Greek Community.

On a better note-- 60 girls have signed up and paid the recruitment fee! Still not great but muccccccccch better than the other day!
Old 09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Tonight is House Tours-- I will let you know if I hear anything and I know HannahGirl will do the same!!!!!! Go Greek-- Go Akron!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Alright....sorry Andrea has been running this thread by herself since the past two days have been crazy for me.

Ditto on everything she said....

I have always loved Sorority Forum, it is just a great event for the PNMs to come and see the chapters and explore what being part of a sorority is. I, too, enjoyed sharing about my chapter and encouraging the women to continue with the experience that they have now begun.

We had a Panhellenic meeting afterwards that Andrea wasn't present for so I'll kind of pass on what happened from there. There are 60 women signed up and as a whole, we need about 120 women for every house on campus to be at total.......

We have less than a week to at least double the number that are signed up right now....we mentioned to the chapters that in order to help ourselves, we need to help everyone else and work our tails off to get women interested! We have wonderful PR tools (postcards, booklets) that look very impressive so I'm hoping that we use those to our advantage.

I'm not sure how house tours went today since I just got home from the Browns game and have not talked to our President or VP Membership. But I'm sure that it went smoothly.

Well that is all I have for now. I'm sure I'll update again once I hear about tours!
Old 09-04-2004, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

hijack/

I just had to add something else......

One of the best parts of Thursday night was the fact that Andrea and I got a chance to chat. Since I was a freshman when she was a senior, we obviously didn't know each other very well, but b/c of GC, we've been able to connect on this type of level and its great! So much love to Andrea because she definately is one of the great women that drove me to becoming so involved in my collegiate years even if she didn't know it until now.

And also a shout out to Shannan because of all the great times we had disaffiliated from our chapters in 2002. I might not have officially been a Rho Gam (I was PHC Pres) but thanks to her and the rest of the Rho Gams, they made the three Council members feel like we were! Much love to Shan also!

/hijack!
Old 09-04-2004, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

sounds like a terrific time is being had by all.
let the good times roll.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh Andrea-- you are too sweet! I am glad to know I left such an impact on others-- but please know you have done the same to the ones who have followed you! I must say Akron has some great leaders!!

We know 120 sounds so easy-- but at Akron you have to understand that it is a true commuter school and only 3000 live on campus...out of 19,000 undergrads. We also have a good number of non-traditional students-- so that adds in also. But I know if the girls worked hard enough to get the word out that 120 is possible!! Wow I cannot imagine all of the houses at total (65)!!!!!

Well still no update on the house tours or if the number of PNMs has gone up-- we will keep you updated once we hear something!
Old 09-06-2004, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the update girls. I am on the end of being House Manager for ADPi so I dont know everything going on with Recruitment. I do get to talk with the Rho Gams who are ADPi and a few other girls, but I dont know all the inside scoops. I too wish we could get a huge number to go through. Im pulling we'll get at least 100 by this Thurs. if not more. Keep us updated. Ill be at the house Weds but its just to make sure its clean and everything is going ok there. I miss doing recruitment

Note to DG Andrea. I love you girl, we had a balst 2002 and you were an AWESOME panhell pres. I miss all the stuff we did and fun we had. Im glad you and ADPi Andrea are getting to get back into it and help as alums
Old 09-07-2004, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Alright so I'm heading to my chapter's meeting tonight to watch them practice and get some loose ends tied up with the advisors. The girls are ready to go and things are set so I'm just hoping that their excitement level is up and that the number of women going through is up also! I'll update a little later tonight!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks Andrea! I have not heard from the Recruitment Vice President or my cousin all this week! Kind of bummed but I understand they're busy and do not need me butting in!! I will be at the house Friday-- so I can update on my side then! Find out the dish Andrea-- I am so excited!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Well just got home from the house and it sounds as if there are now 70 women signed up for recruitment. I was hoping for more than that but I guess we'll just have to deal with what we get. We'll just have to COB like mad!

Some more good news on our side though. We have two new transfer students!! The DG from OU has been around the past month, but we just got a DG from Auburn that we all got to meet tonight. Both girls are so sweet and we're very happy to have them!!!