GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,169
3 members and 1,166 guests
PGD-GRAD, zabryashulze790

Old 12-29-2023, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

What to Binge Watch?

I feel like I've watched everything there is to watch. What are your "must watch" shows and which streaming service do you watch it on?

I just finished "The Summer I Turned Pretty" Seasons 1 and 2 on Amazon Prime
Also finished The Crown on Netflix
Finished "My Life with the Walter Boys", "Squid Game The Challenge", "Virgin River" on Netflix
Finished "The Morning Show", "Ted Lasso" and "Buccaneers" on AppleTV
Finished "The Gilded Age" on MAX

Watching Murder in Boston but it's only 3 episodes so it won't take long.

What to watch, what to watch?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-29-2023, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

It’s less Must See and more Keep a Barf Bag Nearby TV, but the Jared from Subway documentary is well done. I’m watching it on Discovery Plus app.

Just finished House of Villains on E and that was excellent. I just bought it on iTunes so idk what service it would be on.
Old 12-29-2023, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Comcast:
CNN @ MSNBC
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 12-29-2023, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

The Beauty Queen of Jerusalem.
Old 12-29-2023, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

While I’m partially kidding about CNN & MSNBC (making fun of myself for being such a news junkie ) — I am getting ready to start “Obsession” on Netflix. I plan on binging it during my staycation. The description reads pretty good, but we shall see. I think it’s like.. 4 episodes?
Old 12-29-2023, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Death in Paradise, Midsomer Murders, Grantchester
…. Lotsa murders on the TV at our house
Old 12-29-2023, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I finished “Obsession” and I was like… O-M-G!
Old 12-29-2023, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelyDays View Post
Death in Paradise, Midsomer Murders, Grantchester
…. Lotsa murders on the TV at our house
I did try to watch Dahmer before and couldn’t finish it. Ted Bundy, Green River Killer…no problem but Dahmer was so over the top psycho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I finished “Obsession” and I was like… O-M-G!
In a good way or a bad way? Should I batch or not? Lol
Old 12-29-2023, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
In a good way or a bad way? Should I batch or not? Lol
Ohhhh, it’s in a bad way… really, really bad lol. But it’s a very suspenseful must watch.
Old 12-29-2023, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Ohhhh, it’s in a bad way… really, really bad lol. But it’s a very suspenseful must watch.
I'm reading reviews of it:

I don't even know where to begin with this. If I could give it zero stars, I would.
Everything was bad. The script was bad - no, actually, it was non-existent. The dialogue was awkward and there was not enough of it to give us any connection between the characters or to develop the story. The acting was wooden, and I agree with one review that said the two leads constantly looked uncomfortable and like they needed the toilet. There was just no chemistry between Armitage and Murphy. There were scenes that made no sense, such as that bizarre hotel pillow scene.
Let's face it, Netflix took something already bad and made it as bad as it can get. They took a soulless story and turned it into an adult film made out to be a thriller.

I think I'll skip that one!
Old 12-29-2023, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I recommend everyone watch bojack horseman. It's one of my faves.

Though the first show I binge watched on netflix all the way back in 2010 was heroes.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 12-30-2023, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

The Natalia Grace show was interesting. I don’t think it was particularly unbiased, but one featuring Natalia’s side just came out on ID.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'm reading reviews of it:

I don't even know where to begin with this. If I could give it zero stars, I would.
Everything was bad. The script was bad - no, actually, it was non-existent. The dialogue was awkward and there was not enough of it to give us any connection between the characters or to develop the story. The acting was wooden, and I agree with one review that said the two leads constantly looked uncomfortable and like they needed the toilet. There was just no chemistry between Armitage and Murphy. There were scenes that made no sense, such as that bizarre hotel pillow scene.
Let's face it, Netflix took something already bad and made it as bad as it can get. They took a soulless story and turned it into an adult film made out to be a thriller.

I think I'll skip that one!
lol
I’m glad you read the reviews. I mean, I didn’t want you to watch it, then say.. “This is terrible. Thanks a lot, CG!”

I didn’t recognize any of the actors but the suspense is what kept me watching. And then, I think I was more focused on how some people can allow something they know is wrong to consume and destroy everything they have. And then, it wasn’t predictable like a lot of movies I’ve seen. I had no idea that a lot of what happened was going to happen in the way that it did.

I do think they could have left some of the sex scenes out…. well, maybe like… most of them? lol. Some of the sex was a bit much. I think they still could have shown his obsession with her by using more mild content, and still get the point across. Other than that, the beginning of the movie, and the very end, I thought it was worth the watch. Kind of reminded me of Diane Lane’s and Richard Gere’s “Unfaithful”.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:45 AM
GreekChat Member

I’ve been obsessing that everyone thinks I am weird(er?) for suggesting the Jared documentary…to clarify, contains spoiler:

it’s his “story” but mostly the story of one of the main people who took him down. It was a regular woman who ran a radio show he went on…he must have felt comfortable with her during his visit because he made a comment about the girls at the middle school during their event. As a mom and a normal person, she was horrified, so she took it upon herself to become this self made vigilante Chris Hansen while simultaneously living her everyday life. She’s the true definition of a hero for the sacrifices she made to ensnare him in order to protect children…while seeing him out in public interacting with children ever day. It’s crazy bad how horrible he was but also crazy good how the helpers came through to put him away and protect kids.
Old 12-31-2023, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
I’ve been obsessing that everyone thinks I am weird(er?) for suggesting the Jared documentary…to clarify, contains spoiler:

it’s his “story” but mostly the story of one of the main people who took him down. It was a regular woman who ran a radio show he went on…he must have felt comfortable with her during his visit because he made a comment about the girls at the middle school during their event. As a mom and a normal person, she was horrified, so she took it upon herself to become this self made vigilante Chris Hansen while simultaneously living her everyday life. She’s the true definition of a hero for the sacrifices she made to ensnare him in order to protect children…while seeing him out in public interacting with children ever day. It’s crazy bad how horrible he was but also crazy good how the helpers came through to put him away and protect kids.
No judgement on that one at all!